Man gets head sawed off in video.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/20040511/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

In the video, five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks stood over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit similar to prison uniforms.

"My name is Nick Berg. My father's name is Michael. My mother's name is Suzanne," the man, seated in a chair, said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sara. I live in ... Philadelphia."

The video then cut to Berg sitting on the floor, his hands tied behind his back, as a statement was read in Arabic. Berg sat still during the statement, facing the camera, occasionally raising his shoulders.

After the statement was finished, the men pulled Berg on his side and thrust a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, repeatedly shouting "Allahu Akbar!" — or "God is great."

They then held the head out before the camera.

This is so sad... Just thought I would post it.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
I had read about that previously and cannot believe the things we're still capable of. I want one well placed bunker buster to hit them right on the chops and remove them from existence - unbelievable.

On a side note, seeing photos of our own armed forces ridiculing/humiliating POWs doesn't sit well with me, either - although the beheading goes beyond that, of course. If we're going to be outraged by the former, we need to conduct ourselves appropriately and cut out the latter. I especially can't stand photos of that female US soldier with the POWs ... she needs to be kicked out of the military and sent back to her trailer home.

Sorry for the vent session - LONG day here and it's only 9:00 am.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I watched the video and it's very gruesome and horrifying. I want all those weird Fricks dead. I can't wait till we get Osama bin laden, i hope we do something of that magnitude to him. It leaves you mad and wish those guys get caught soon and brought to justice. :mad:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
I had read about that previously and cannot believe the things we're still capable of. I want one well placed bunker buster to hit them right on the chops and remove them from existence - unbelievable.

On a side note, seeing photos of our own armed forces ridiculing/humiliating POWs doesn't sit well with me, either - although the beheading goes beyond that, of course. If we're going to be outraged by the former, we need to conduct ourselves appropriately and cut out the latter. I especially can't stand photos of that female US soldier with the POWs ... she needs to be kicked out of the military and sent back to her trailer home.

Sorry for the vent session - LONG day here and it's only 9:00 am.

I agree with ya Reef....but ya know, this is war...and I am sure this isn't the first time things like what we saw in those pictures of American soldiers has happened...when 9-11 happened, most of us would have condoned anything in order to get information from prisoners. And ya know, I don't think I've changed my mind much since then.

My issue is with 60 Minutes...this IS A WAR...they are Americans first, media people second...they should have held on to those pics and not published them...the media is disgusting...

While I am sure these animals would have beheaded Mr Berg in any case, that they blamed it on the pics of Iraqi prisoners, should make the media hang their heads in shame.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RIP, A Philly man.

This is awful. The guy was over there to help people, not to kill them (like most of the prisoners were trying to do to us).

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I agree with ya Reef....but ya know, this is war...and I am sure this isn't the first time things like what we saw in those pictures of American soldiers has happened...when 9-11 happened, most of us would have condoned anything in order to get information from prisoners. And ya know, I don't think I've changed my mind much since then.

My issue is with 60 Minutes...this IS A WAR...they are Americans first, media people second...they should have held on to those pics and not published them...the media is disgusting...

While I am sure these animals would have beheaded Mr Berg in any case, that they blamed it on the pics of Iraqi prisoners, should make the media hang their heads in shame.

Call me a hypocrite if you want but I don't really care if it's going on ... just don't tell me about it. Ignorance is bliss. My problem is with the pics showing American soldiers laughing, pointing, placing the prisoners in sexually explicit pyramids, etc and then making it available for the world to see. We're supposed to be fighting a war because of the bad guy's indifference to human rights ... and then we show that we do the same thing.

I'm originally from NJ and personally know folks that worked in the WTC so I have absolutely no sympathy for the terrorist groups that are responsible but torturing prisoners of the Iraqi armed forces simply because they were in the military is protected against by the Geneva Convention. In the same manner that Nick Berg was killed for no other reason than he was an American, we seem to be targeting these prisoners for their occupation. Remember, many of these guys gave up because they didn't want to fight ... and this is their reward. Do I feel sorry for them? No - but I still think we should be above it.
I'd rather we kill them all in the midst of battle - accept no surrender - than to take them prisoner and show ourselves to be no better. Just doesn't look good.

I want to bring all our troops back and get them out of all these freaking countries already. Screw the aid to all the others countries. We got people that need help right here. Let's stop being the red cross and police guard to every small nation out there and start taking care of ourselves.

Here I go off of my soapbox:
soapbox.gif

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Just to add some levity to the whole situation:

Sometimes It Takes a Marine

An atheist professor was teaching a college class and he told the class that he was going to prove that there is no God. He said, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

Ten minutes went by. He kept taunting God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

He got down to the last couple of minutes and a Marine just released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him flying from his platform.

The professor struggled up, obviously shaken and yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent me."

Life is good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reef Engineer said:
Call me a hypocrite if you want but I don't really care if it's going on ... just don't tell me about it. Ignorance is bliss. My problem is with the pics showing American soldiers laughing, pointing, placing the prisoners in sexually explicit pyramids, etc and then making it available for the world to see. We're supposed to be fighting a war because of the bad guy's indifference to human rights ... and then we show that we do the same thing.

I'm originally from NJ and personally know folks that worked in the WTC so I have absolutely no sympathy for the terrorist groups that are responsible but torturing prisoners of the Iraqi armed forces simply because they were in the military is protected against by the Geneva Convention. In the same manner that Nick Berg was killed for no other reason than he was an American, we seem to be targeting these prisoners for their occupation. Remember, many of these guys gave up because they didn't want to fight ... and this is their reward. Do I feel sorry for them? No - but I still think we should be above it.
I'd rather we kill them all in the midst of battle - accept no surrender - than to take them prisoner and show ourselves to be no better. Just doesn't look good.

I want to bring all our troops back and get them out of all these freaking countries already. Screw the aid to all the others countries. We got people that need help right here. Let's stop being the red cross and police guard to every small nation out there and start taking care of ourselves.

Here I go off of my soapbox:
soapbox.gif

Reef it's like this, as long as there have been wars this stuff has gone on. AND if this is the worst that we've done to Iraqi prisoners then we're far more behaved than virtually every conquering army that HAS EVER traversed this planet.

That beheading makes me ill... and so incredibly angry, especially with their bull**** justification that my first inclination was so incredibly heinous that I won't bring it up here.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
Just to add some levity to the whole situation:

Sometimes It Takes a Marine

An atheist professor was teaching a college class and he told the class that he was going to prove that there is no God. He said, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

Ten minutes went by. He kept taunting God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

He got down to the last couple of minutes and a Marine just released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him flying from his platform.

The professor struggled up, obviously shaken and yelled, "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent me."

Life is good.

Reef that was great but when I was in basic in the Army, our D.S. told us the same thing but it was Drilling Sgts instead of the Marines.......

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
Reef that was great but when I was in basic in the Army, our D.S. told us the same thing but it was Drilling Sgts instead of the Marines.......

Ha ha - well your DS was confused - ha ha. :D

It's pretty classic, though - can substitute just about anything in there - ha ha.