Manufactured drama and talking heads

ESisback

Reaction score
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Trading Cooper did turn into a pretty big deal last year, and losing Moore and Schultz could too. However, there are also potential reasons to be excited concerning those things. 1) We replaced Cooper this year with a player at least on his level in Cooks. 2) McCarthy will be calling plays and adding more of his offense (which helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl) and Moore's offense has floundered against San Fran in back-to-back playoffs. 3) Ferguson and Hendershot look like they could step up and be at least as good as Schultz (of course, they could also flub their shot at the top role).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.
It’s about what are they replaced with. replacing Cooper with brown is a bigger problem. Replacing Cooper with brooks is great.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I suppose it’s more about where you get your news.

Our local beat writers and media coverage didn’t dismiss the loss of Cooper but most said it was a necessary cap move. The bigger mistake wasn’t replacing him.

And we don’t know yet what the effects of releasing Moore will be yet or Dalton but he appears to be another Cap move.

But yea, the national click bait sensationalist ( I wouldn’t call them journalist like I would beat writers who cover the Cowboys) are just throwing it out there . Has Cowherd even ever been to our training camp or a practice in Frisco ?

I’m not sure why we’d listen to anyone who isn’t close to our situation ? They are plenty critical and offer opinions also but they provide a more balanced and in-depth report . And it’s very easy to access online not taking much effort . Maybe a couple coins if you want to read their columns.

Bloggintheboys offers much of their coverage at no charge with a positive spin on the most part . Only lazy or anti Cowboy fans would watch that crap on espn or fox. Now if you want to hear something in another team then fine I guess but I’m not generally interested in other teams.

ESisback

Reaction score
I suppose it’s more about where you get your news.

Our local beat writers and media coverage didn’t dismiss the loss of Cooper but most said it was a necessary cap move. The bigger mistake wasn’t replacing him.

And we don’t know yet what the effects of releasing Moore will be yet or Dalton but he appears to be another Cap move.

But yea, the national click bait sensationalist ( I wouldn’t call them journalist like I would beat writers who cover the Cowboys) are just throwing it out there . Has Cowherd even ever been to our training camp or a practice in Frisco ?

I’m not sure why we’d listen to anyone who isn’t close to our situation ? They are plenty critical and offer opinions also but they provide a more balanced and in-depth report . And it’s very easy to access online not taking much effort . Maybe a couple coins if you want to read their columns.

Bloggintheboys offers much of their coverage at no charge with a positive spin on the most part . Only lazy or anti Cowboy fans would watch that crap on espn or fox. Now if you want to hear something in another team then fine I guess but I’m not generally interested in other teams.
While I agree with MOST of what you said, my brother is neither lazy nor anti-Cowboy. He’s a fan from the Ice Bowl Days, just like we are. He just takes erroneous sensationalism to heart. There are millions of Cowboy fans that live outside the Dallas metro that watch the Nationals. Normal fans, not fanatics, but still as viable as anyone else, Captain Snobby!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Cowherd doesn’t believe in Dak so it’s hard for him to get on board with anything we do.

While I agree with him on Dak, Schultz is no big loss. And the KM/Dak partnership had staled. One of them had to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear we offered Shultz 36 for 3, and he turned it down. Obviously thought he’d get more. His mistake. Many players overvalue themselves.
I heard that it was offered, never that it was offered by the Cowboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe you guys should think about watching chess. Less publicity about the game and you guys won't get hurt by criticism? If it gets bad, some guy might tell you to find another chess player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While I agree with MOST of what you said, my brother is neither lazy nor anti-Cowboy. He’s a fan from the Ice Bowl Days, just like we are. He just takes erroneous sensationalism to heart. There are millions of Cowboy fans that live outside the Dallas metro that watch the Nationals. Normal fans, not fanatics, but still as viable as anyone else, Captain Snobby!
Understood but the point is you don’t have to be a local anymore with access to the more pertinent information on the Cowboys .

It’s now a choice to limit your access to more in-depth Cowboys reporting, insight, analysis, etc. instead of these national pundits. And I mentioned lazy because you’ve responded in the past that watching the national crap as such.

It’s like anything in our world today if you can’t recognize or separate sensational programming presenting a narrative or click bait intentions instead of searching or choosing more reliable news sources . It has nothing to do with fandom.

Some fans just take more effort. Like fans here are at least searching out more info. There’s multiple Dallas Cowboys FB pages , they can follow our local newspaper sites, local radio and tv affiliates, etc. , all available online a click away.

I then either assume it’s ignorance or choosing to align with such unreliable sources . Maybe your brother agrees with or is influenced by Cowherd and why he watches. I’ve learned like with any issue, some people can’t be reached .

ESisback

Reaction score
maybe you guys should think about watching chess. Less publicity about the game and you guys won't get hurt by criticism? If it gets bad, some guy might tell you to find another chess player.
Of course, I’d laugh in that guy’s face—arrogant enough to think anyone would listen to his moronic blathering.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trading Cooper did turn into a pretty big deal last year, and losing Moore and Schultz could too. However, there are also potential reasons to be excited concerning those things. 1) We replaced Cooper this year with a player at least on his level in Cooks. 2) McCarthy will be calling plays and adding more of his offense (which helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl) and Moore's offense has floundered against San Fran in back-to-back playoffs. 3) Ferguson and Hendershot look like they could step up and be at least as good as Schultz (of course, they could also flub their shot at the top role).
Big deal to fans and media Not actual fans who knew copper 22mil no longer fit with this team. We were moving on, neded the cap money and guess what

we also lost,
Collins
Cwill
Jarwin
turner
Ced
cooper
had schultz with that group and lamb& gallup

big deal ?? huh? that we with and without many of them and never got past the 2nd round.
its want big loss

here was the TRUE problem at WR for 22...

The Cowboys FO beloved Gallup would be back 100% once he hit the field(dont say they should have known look at the season Goodwin had for the bucs once he got rolling, same injury, surgery around the same time), well up until then we had Lamb learning to be a 1 and BROWN a 2 as Washington got hurt as well.

its was never we missed cooper, how could it?? he didn't help us against the rams or 49er in the playoffs, you cant lose a game and say dang if we just had cooper. we had cooper from 18-21 he did NOT help us get over the top. we moved on without him made it just as far..

IMO it was Washington and Gallup who messed up the plan and Tolbert didn't develop,

hindsight says man if we just had cooper. NO it was not having a #2 for half or more of season.. so it was more they didnt have replacement for Gallups missing and Washington was supposed to take ceds productions.
Im sorry but i will dismiss coops release he was NOT the ANSWER accept the Practice, whats practice (that answer lol)..he may have been solid 1 for team , never elite, never special. 22mil says you need to be the clear #1 and being something special. he was simply a very good payer who made too much money for our needs moving to CD as our 1 22mil for 2 NOPE had Gallup for 4mil and got cooks for 6..Cooks is what we needed so with that knowledge its Ced Wilsons release that would have been the misstep in hindsight he could have bridged that gap. a ty Hilton for the year yes but Copp and his 22mil , no it wasn't missed given cap relief and the fact he was slipping to the 3rd option in 21 to Lamb and Schultz.

somehow this was mistake for us yet KC won sb trading away Hill and letting honey badger go and replacing them with JUJU and bunch of dudes ie bargain bin WRBC and Bargain RBBC and won sb against team made all the moves., we didn't lose the 9er game over coops loss. we lost it because the OL was banged up missing steele and brought no physicality to the game ie NO RUN GAME, poor pass protection, and made it easy for the 9er front 7 to control the LOS with 4-5 guys and play max coverage. happened 2 years in row with or without coop, they shut down our OL, run game, and controlled the pass rush with little help. .

this and in pollards injury and 16 run plays called by our dearly departed OC who thought not using Malik was the best thing even though we saw KC did it with 4 RBS..i mean come on, stop the nonsense Coop was the reason we didn't go further, it absurd because we didn't with him. they lost Hill , won a sb, we lose Coop and our fans think he was the missing piece LOL

Its ironic that fans feel we let go of Jerry rice lmao we didn't neither did the raiders or his 3rd team.