Manziel picked off four times as Ticats cruise past Alouettes

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:laugh:He needs to go back teaching aerobics.
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Just one game, though. He says he'll work at his craft this time around, and he's back w/ Sherm, so who knows.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a Manziel fan, but he just got there like a week ago. Why the heck would throw him in there? Talk about not setting someone up for success.

kskboys

Reaction score
the team has won one game, traded a bunch of assets for him, and is super desperate.
Yeah, that was the first CFL game I tried to watch in years(if ever, don't remember), and the Alouettes were horrific.

I never thought Manziel was an NFL QB, but for different reasons than most. Johnny is a pure jungleballer. He doesn't like playbooks and set plays. He just wants to run around and either find the open man or take off running. And isn't that what CFL QB's do? Not sure, I don't watch it, but the game I did watch that's what it looked like to me. It might be perfect for him. However, since he hasn't played since 2015, it's going to take some time to get his game legs under him. And the best way to get him acclimated is to just play him. Team sucks anyway, who cares if they lose more.

Plus, he's now w/ Sherm, his college coach, who knows how to use him. I personally think Johnny will turn out to be a decent CFL player. My opinion.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Just remember that is the CFL ... I'm pretty sure Alabama could win the Grey Cup!!!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the first CFL game I tried to watch in years(if ever, don't remember), and the Alouettes were horrific.

I never thought Manziel was an NFL QB, but for different reasons than most. Johnny is a pure jungleballer. He doesn't like playbooks and set plays. He just wants to run around and either find the open man or take off running. And isn't that what CFL QB's do? Not sure, I don't watch it, but the game I did watch that's what it looked like to me. It might be perfect for him. However, since he hasn't played since 2015, it's going to take some time to get his game legs under him. And the best way to get him acclimated is to just play him. Team sucks anyway, who cares if they lose more.

Plus, he's now w/ Sherm, his college coach, who knows how to use him. I personally think Johnny will turn out to be a decent CFL player. My opinion.
It would make sense that he would do well in the CFL if he can stay clean.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Sherman recruited Manziel to A&M and sat him for a redshirt season. Then Sumlin became the Aggies coach when Manziel actually played games, so I'm not sure how much Sherman really knows about using Manziel.