Twitter: Marcus Mosher on Tony Pollard

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like some pretty solid run blocking too. Then again, these are just the explosive plays.

starfan1

Reaction score
Agree 1000%.........for the life of me, I can't understand why we haven't seen more of him and Zeke in various packages on the field together. That's on MM and KM......

oh but just ask the die hards here well a few of them. He cant block (which isnt true). KM must start to utilize this threat more often because it seemed to work when they did. Then they can have the full back block (21) because he does that so well and all. Id love to keep Pollard but I dont think well be able to. In part because of our other expensive pieces. I say we draft one this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happens when Zeke has a great year, and Pollard leaves as a FA, and Zeke restructures his contract?
That should be entertaining on here.

Same as if Pollard has a great year, if used correctly, and Zeke has a so-so year. Should be some good off-season entertainment.
As either one of those above can happen.

Also both could have a great season, and then what?
Let Zeke go, save cap space, pay Pollard, if they feel he can be the featured RB, but many do not think he can.
Let Zeke go, Pollard leaves vis FA, and they draft a 3rd round RB like many say one can be as productive. Only for him not to be.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
The problem is when you have both running backs in, you either don't have a tight end or you don't have a 3rd receiver. Unless you can trick a team with formations, replacing a receiver with Pollard makes your team worse.

It would be nice to feature Pollard more but he needs to stay healthy. Last season he injured his foot against New Orleans and it limited him the rest of the season.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The problem is when you have both running backs in, you either don't have a tight end or you don't have a 3rd receiver. Unless you can trick a team with formations, replacing a receiver with Pollard makes your team worse.

It would be nice to feature Pollard more but he needs to stay healthy. Last season he injured his foot against New Orleans and it limited him the rest of the season.
Pollard can play the slot, have him run short and intermediate routes from the slot and a few Jet Sweep actions will keep the defense honest. He is everything Linehan and Garret was looking for in the Tavon Austin experiment, except Pollard is better running back and receiver. The big thing is he just needs a little bit of space.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Fisher said Pollard isn't the answer and Zeke will be in the same role. Dude just repeats everything Jerry and Stephen say about him. Again, it comes back to culture in the media in Dallas. They never do actual journalism and speak truth. I wonder if Fish actually believes his own Bs

Rayman70

Reaction score
The media never deviates from Jerry's plan. They are in lockstep. They all regurgitate the same failed crap. Zeke is a great short yardage back and pass blocker. Pollard is a quick hit the hole ,take it 70 yards to the house back. He is much better suited in the passing scheme than Zeke. Why not one team reporter,other than mosher,sees this. I commend mosher for at least addressing this. TP makes us a much more dynamic offense. He can do everything well. Why wouldn't we want to utilize him?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So has it hit anyone that maybe Pollard is as good as he is because of the limited touches he gets?

That doesnt even make any sense.

Now I wouldn't give Pollard 300 touches a year, but certainly 200 to 250 shouldnt be an issue in a RB by committee with one or two other guys.

Pollard needs a role carved out for him in the offense. Every game, every opponent. Using him to spell the slow and old Zeke makes little sense at all.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score

Not true... a fullback is rarely used in the NFL. You can have Pollard run the flank ,(old school formation)