Video: Marinelli Explains Hill

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2014, Dallas might have had the least-talented defensive roster in the league. Yet they were 14th in D and went 12-4.
Since 2014, with Marinelli as DC, the Cowboys have won 60% of their games (that's for the idiotic 0-16 crowd).
Yes, the D crapped the bed against the Rams. That's a more than fair criticism. But fairness cuts both ways. Give the man the credit he's earned.
(I realize that while saying all this, most of the resident complainers are more interested in being drama queens than using actual logic)
Are you kidding me??? When it mattered the most (2014, 2016 & 2018 playoffs), where in the hell was Marinelli's D??? :facepalm:

cern

Reaction score
What do Switzer's recruiting skills have to do w/ him being an NFL HC? I don't get your connection.
you got that right. during his heyday, no one understood the inner city kid more than did switzer. he was sincere and inner city kids and their families loved the guy. that's why guys like billy simms left the state of texas to play for Oklahoma.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You are.
In this case.
And thank you for the head's up.
I will evaluate your posts appropriately.
I was just trying to make a point. I know Jerry has his hands in everything NFL. But still nothing happens without a group of owners agreeing on it. Sometimes Jerry acts like its him, him, and all him. Like he is the totalitarian of everything.

That's why the commissioner suspended Zeke, (in my opion) to knock Jerry down a notch.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Actually, Jerry was the driving force behind implementing the salary cap.

The NFL has put in many rules to deter the Cowboys, but the cap is not one of them.

Erik Williams - Hands to the Face

Roy Williams - Horse Collar Tackle

Mike Irvin - How they call offensive PI.

Emmitt - Players taking off their helmet.

Jerry - How players are paid during an uncapped year due to the CBA lockout/strike.

Charles Haley - Head Slap

Jerry knew he wasn't going to make any money in the NFL if every owner started spending money on players like he did. Prices would begin to be too high. So Jerry and the owners all agreed to put a stop to people like Jerry.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The cap was put in in 1994. Snyder didn't by the skins until 1999. It had nothing to do with stopping Snyder from buying a super bowl.
I didnt realize that. Thanks for the info. I just remember one of the commentators saying that, so it just stuck in my head that way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with the defense. It was good last year, added some talent, and didn't lose anyone of significance.

I want to see an offense more in tune with 21st century football.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry knew he wasn't going to make any money in the NFL if every owner started spending money on players like he did. Prices would begin to be too high. So Jerry and the owners all agreed to put a stop to people like Jerry.

Yes, like I said, the Cap was Jerry"s idea. Most owners didn't think they needed it.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Are you kidding me??? When it mattered the most (2014, 2016 & 2018 playoffs), where in the hell was Marinelli's D??? :facepalm:
I just said last season it was fair to criticize the man for the Rams game. In 2014 and 2016 he had a serious talent deficiency. Dude, come in off the ledge.

kskboys

Reaction score
And I hope Hill is the next Donald. I'm just amazed the train of for the offensive side of the ball hasn't rolled over to the defensive side.
Jerry doesn't understand D. He thought he was addressing the D by acquiring CB's and LB's.

kskboys

Reaction score
you got that right. during his heyday, no one understood the inner city kid more than did switzer. he was sincere and inner city kids and their families loved the guy. that's why guys like billy simms left the state of texas to play for Oklahoma.
They especially loved the cash for play!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
I just said last season it was fair to criticize the man for the Rams game. In 2014 and 2016 he had a serious talent deficiency. Dude, come in off the ledge.

Marinelli's (and Richard's) defense was 5th in the NFL last year in rushing yards allowed with 94 per game.

In the Seattle playoff game they gave up 73 yards rushing.

In the Rams game, Woods was injured early in the game, played the whole game with it and had surgery afterward. Maliek Collins was injured that week in practice and played through it. The Rams averaged 139 yards rushing last season and gained 273 yards in that game against Dallas and its injured DL. 123 of that was from their backup CJ Anderson.

The bottom line is it wasn't the coaching or the whole season would have looked like the Rams game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Marinelli's (and Richard's) defense was 5th in the NFL last year in rushing yards allowed with 94 per game.

In the Rams game, Woods was injured early in the game, played the whole game with it and had surgery afterward. Maliek Collins was injured that week in practice and played through it. The Rams averaged 139 yards rushing last season and gained 273 yards in that game against Dallas and its injured DL. 123 of that was from their backup CJ Anderson.

The bottom line is it wasn't the coaching or the whole season would have looked like the Rams game.
Yeah, more like problems w/ the blueprint.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

The DL looked tired against the Rams. And challenged schmatically by a superior team.

Depth can help some things but not all of them.

kskboys

Reaction score
The DL looked tired against the Rams. And challenged schmatically by a superior team.

Depth can help some things but not all of them.
Yup. Like high effort can help some things until you get to the playoffs and face talented players who are also high effort players.