Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694739 said:
It's up for debate and rightfully so, whether JG had the authority or means to make good when it comes to disciplinary actions when players did not perform. There is no excuses now, he's the interim HC.
I'm all for debate. Stating fact where nothing has been proven yet? No so much.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
If MBII starts today, it will save me from all the hope I have for J.G. and the new attitude.

Same old crapl.:mad: The Inmates are running the asylum.:cool:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;3694740 said:
I look at it as a great opportunity. He can remove one of the least productive players that happens to be a 'leader' from the starting lineup and be undeniably justified. Some players will grumble but I cannot help but think that would just make sure they get the message that much clearer.

We're not going to the playoffs and I am more than content winnowing the chaff.

Give Choice some carries and he is justified in standing up and being a leader. He certainly is a more inspiring leader than Barber and I think he will be more
productive running the ball.

This is a coup opportunity that Garret can seize on that locker room.
It is an opportunity, but it must weighed against what he thinks will add or take away from his gameplan for today. Garrett's sole motivation is to win this game today. He will worry about the remaining seven games after the conclusion of this one.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Barber plays I'd be very disappointed. The Cowboys aren't going to win many games anyway. The rest of the season should be about evaluating the players. They need to get rid of all the players who don't want to follow the rules.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694745 said:
Who are you calling pretty??? :mad:

:laugh1:

How would I handle it? Pretty much how I described earlier. I'm only interested to see how Garrett actually does handle it and whether or not I will be surprised.

OK...I'm on board with that.

If I were Coach 5Stars, I would tell Barber that if he does not want to dress as I mandate, then he does not get to dress for the game, as I mandate. Gameplan to hell with it....

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694747 said:
I'm all for debate. Stating fact where nothing has been proven yet? No so much.
Right but saying that he did not discipline before isn't fact either, since we are not sure how much power he had as OC.

30yrheel

Reaction score
PA Cowboy Fan;3694752 said:
If Barber plays I'd be very disappointed. The Cowboys aren't going to win many games anyway. The rest of the season should be about evaluating the players. They need to get rid of all the players who don't want to follow the rules.

yep, we suck anyway so why not set some standards for next year?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694749 said:
It is an opportunity, but it must weighed against what he thinks will add or take away from his gameplan for today. Garrett's sole motivation is to win this game today. He will worry about the remaining seven games after the conclusion of this one.

Choice has been with this offense for three years. It sounds like he has been getting more reps. He certainly thought he was going to play last week.

And if Barber is still so heavily integrated into the gameplan STILL then Garrett needs to go anyway.

links18

Reaction score
This smells likes a ploy. A little wink between Garrett and Barber, perhaps? He might sit a few series as a message to the team? :confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;3694754 said:
OK...I'm on board with that.

If I were Coach 5Stars, I would tell Barber that if he does not want to dress as I mandate, then he does not get to dress for the game, as I mandate. Gameplan to hell with it....
"Gameplan to hell with it".

Exactly. :rolleyes: :)
tupperware;3694755 said:
Right but saying that he did not discipline before isn't fact either, since we are not sure how much power he had as OC.
Okay... but who has broached the subject of his effectiveness as a disciplinarian at the offensive coordinator level :confused:
FuzzyLumpkins;3694760 said:
Choice has been with this offense for three years. It sounds like he has been getting more reps. He certainly thought he was going to play last week.

And if Barber is still so heavily integrated into the gameplan STILL then Garrett needs to go anyway.
Okey dokey.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
links18;3694767 said:
This smells likes a ploy. A little wink between Garrett and Barber, perhaps? He might sit a few series as a message to the team? :confused:

Otherwise, he needs to be cut.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694768 said:
"Gameplan to hell with it".

Exactly. :rolleyes: :)

Why the ugly eyes? :confused:

Not playing Barber would be no different if he took the first snap and got injured for the rest of the game. If the other backs can't pick up the slack, then what good was the gameplan for....was it made JUST for Barber?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Everyone seems to assume that Garrett has total control over the discipline of MBIII.

Interesting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;3694773 said:
Why the ugly eyes? :confused:

Not playing Barber would be no different if he took the first snap and got injured for the rest of the game. If the other backs can't pick up the slack, then what good was the gameplan for....was it made JUST for Barber?

It should be obvious. I have little doubt Choice is not prepared. He is chomping at the bit.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
I would have told Barber this "Hey son you see that ticket counter over there, I suggest you move that direction, buy yourself a ticket to NY, see you at the stadium sunday morning for ball boy duties. If you cant get that done make sure you buy yourself another ticket home"

This however does not surprise me and I expect to see more of these gutless challenges to authority in the coming weeks. The guys who can read the tea leaves and know their time is short here will start displaying their true colors

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3694776 said:
Everyone seems to assume that Garrett has total control over the discipline of MBIII.

Interesting.
Well you know what, if JG can't do something as basic as bench a guy for just outright breaking a policy then there shouldn't be policies and/or JG should find a team without an invasive owner.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3694776 said:

Interesting.

I guess we will see how dysfunctional this organization is then.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
tupperware;3694781 said:
Well you know what, if JG can't do something as basic as bench a guy for just outright breaking a policy then there shouldn't be policies and/or JG should find a team without an invasive owner.

You bring up something...

I wonder if Garrett would tell Barber he sits out, but Jerry comes to Garrett and talks nice to him and sort of makes Garrett play Barber...just because.

:eek:

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
5Stars;3694785 said:
You bring up something...

I wonder if Garrett would tell Barber he sits out, but Jerry comes to Garrett and talks nice to him and sort of makes Garrett play Barber...just because.

:eek:
I can say this, if this season isn't enough evidence for JJ to realize that accountability, discipline and doing things the right way are some of the most important factors to winning then nothing will make him realize it and we've lost all hope as Cowboy fans.