Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;3694773 said:
Why the ugly eyes? :confused:

Not playing Barber would be no different if he took the first snap and got injured for the rest of the game. If the other backs can't pick up the slack, then what good was the gameplan for....was it made JUST for Barber?
Umm... you do know that Tom Coughlin is taking Barber into consideration, right?

A good head coach is going to anticipate what moves the other head coach will make to negate plays and players in order to counter them.

Football is chess. You don't sacrifice pieces on the board. If Garrett had wanted Barber completely off the board, he would have never allowed Barber to board the plane.

However, having a player in uniform does not dictate how many snaps (if any) a player will take (just ask Tashard Choice). It does give the other head coach something to consider though and that's an option you want to hold onto as a head coach--no matter how many actual minutes you GIVE that player.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694790 said:
Umm... you do know that Tom Coughlin is taking Barber into consideration, right?

A good head coach is going to anticipate what moves the other head coach will make to negate plays and players in order to counter them.

Football is chess. You don't sacrifice pieces on the board. If Garrett had wanted Barber completely off the board, he would have never allowed Barber to board the plane.

However, having a player in uniform does not dictate how many snaps (if any) a player will take (just ask Tashard Choice). It does give the other head coach something to consider though and that's an option you want to hold onto as a head coach--no matter how many actual minutes you GIVE that player.

You make some nice points in this post...

wileedog

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3694726 said:
There is a conversation in the front office about changings need to be made. Cutting Barber this offseason has been a hot topic all season. He is already on notice with the fans and likely the front office.

We have a new coach stressing discipline and he absolutely has to have this roster's attention. Thats not outrage. That is survival.

Yep, and if this was some sort of protest move by Barber, then he clearly doesn't realize what an ideal candidate he is to be a sacrificial lamb for Garrett to use to put the rest of the team on notice that he is serious.

He is overpaid, has lost a gear and has adequate replacements behind him. And then he shows up like he's indispensable?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
5Stars;3694797 said:
You make some nice points in this post...
Yeah I agree with the boarding the plane one. Let the guy dress out, I just don't want someone not following the rules on the field.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Well Marion Barber's best friend was saying that Jason Garrett would not be helping the Cowboys this season so this is no surprise.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
IMO, that may very well be a blatant disregard for JG's instruction. In that case sitting him for the entire first half would be the bare minimum that I would do. It's not like he is Emmitt incarnate or something.

If he forgot, that's one thing....but I hardly think that he "forgot"....but I'm sure that is the excuse that he gave JG.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Marion Barber violating Jason Garrett's dress code today - Ditka says send him on home.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Jimz31;3694811 said:
IMO, that may very well be a blatant disregard for JG's instruction. In that case sitting him for the entire first half would be the bare minimum that I would do. It's not like he is Emmitt incarnate or something.

If he forgot, that's one thing....but I hardly think that he "forgot"....but I'm sure that is the excuse that he gave JG.
And if I'm JG I won't give him a single snap and tell him I forgot after the game is over.

wileedog

Reaction score
Jimz31;3694811 said:

Even if he 'forgot', that's exactly the kind of mental brain fart JG is trying to get rid of.

I'll be disappointed if he plays at all in at least the first half.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Marion Barber did not follow new dress code

Posted at 1:34 PM on Sun., Nov. 14, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips
Jason Garrett made it clear that players were required to wear sport coats, ties, slacks and dress shoes for road trips. After all, today's game against the New York Giants is a business trip.

Hanging around the Jersey City Westin on Saturday night when the team arrived, I noticed Marion Barber was in a sport coat and jeans without a tie. Everybody else I saw - and it was not everybody - met Garrett's requirement.

Is it a big deal? Not really but there is a level of disrespect being shown by not following the dress code in the first week. And it gives Garrett the chance to send a message, whether he does it publicly or not. Players will know what happens.

Read more: http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/ar...d=9464457&team=nfl-dallas_cowboys&tid=twitter

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
tupperware;3694817 said:
And if I'm JG I won't give him a single snap and tell him I forgot after the game is over.

LOL...that's good!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694817 said:
That would be funny. :laugh2:

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
Cover 2;3694819 said:
I'd cut him. He is perfect for making a statement.

Agree. Much bigger than Curvin Richards. Probably against the CBA though.

If Marty B remembered, then the other MB should have.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
A player for the Cowboys disrespecting the HC.....somethings never change:mad:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Deos anybody here really think that Garrett has the authority to cut MBIII?