Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
jimmy40;3694696 said:
you know your team sucks when the two biggest threads in the last few days are about wearing a tie on the plane.
Not really, because the core issue is discipline and effort as being some of the main components of this teams lackluster play.

Jimmy said it best on Fox pre game show when they were talking about JG changes to the tempo in practice, pads, etc.

Wooooooooow.

And they're moving quicker in practice, Wooooooow.

Exactly, what on earth were they doing all along?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;3694696 said:
you know your team sucks when the two biggest threads in the last few days are about wearing a tie on the plane.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong though. I'm pissed that Barber has revolted, but it's surprising just how much of a team revolution Barber has seemingly created with TieGate already with fans. Not saying that fans are wrong, but gosh, can't Garrett have a shot at squashing the great tie menace aftereffect his way first?

Givincer

Reaction score
Not like the team really loses anything with him not being in the game anyway.

I would not even dress him for the game.

Choice would do absolutely fine, if not wholly better, in his role.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694711 said:
Agreed. Don't get me wrong though. I'm pissed that Barber has revolted, but it's surprising just how much of a team revolution Barber has seemingly created with TieGate already with fans. Not saying that fans are wrong, but gosh, can't Garrett have a shot at squashing the great tie menace aftereffect his way first?
Yeah but it's just discussion. We need something to talk about, that's what fans do. Some are extremists and some are just overly passive in their approach to being a fan.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694715 said:
Yeah but it's just discussion. We need something to talk about, that's what fans do. Some are extremists and some are just overly passive in their approach to being a fan.
Some of the discussion practically states that Garrett's already in a no-win situation. Really? Is that really just discussion or plain old black-and-white proclamation?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Givincer;3694714 said:
Not like the team really loses anything with him not being in the game anyway.

I would not even dress him for the game.

Choice would do absolutely fine, if not wholly better, in his role.

THIS.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694721 said:
Some of the discussion practically states that Garrett's already in a no-win situation. Really? Is that really just discussion or plain old black-and-white proclamation?
Well it's true, if nothing is done after Barber flat out disregards a new policy I will be disappointed in JG. That's just my honest take and feelings on the matter. I'm not saying I'm gonna go all chicken little and say he's a failure but I want to see his new approach as a Cowboys HC backed up fully with actions.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasEast;3694721 said:
wouldn't it be great if Garrett knew Barber wasn't going to make it with the coat and tie for whatever reason and had excused him from it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694457 said:
Oh I get it.. and yeah, he should be disciplined. But the outrage displayed is humorous to me.

Pitchfork and knives crowd..

You know that I am certainly the last person to bust out the kindling. An example needs to be set. Discipline is the biggest issue on this team and he is basically thumbing his nose at it.

There is a conversation in the front office about changings need to be made. Cutting Barber this offseason has been a hot topic all season. He is already on notice with the fans and likely the front office.

We have a new coach stressing discipline and he absolutely has to have this roster's attention. Thats not outrage. That is survival.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
jimmy40;3694725 said:
wouldn't it be great if Garrett knew Barber wasn't going to make it with the coat and tie for whatever reason and had excused him from it.
Then it will no longer be an issue worth discussing. But for right now I think the assumption is, and I feel it's probably accurate, that Barber has disregarded the policy.

We're not on the Cowboys payroll, no one here has to apologize or feel bad about voicing their opinions or feeling a certain way. If it turns out it's nothing, then it's nothing, but I will still feel this way every day of the week if something like this were to actually happen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694724 said:
Well it's true, if nothing is done after Barber flat out disregards a new policy I will be disappointed in JG. That's just my honest take and feelings on the matter. I'm not saying I'm gonna go all chicken little and say he's a failure but I want to see his new approach as a Cowboys HC backed up fully with actions.
You want to see how he carries himself as an effective disciplinarian? So, he hasn't been convicted of being a poor disciplinarian before anyone knows how Barber's not wearing a tie as been addressed by him?
jimmy40;3694725 said:
oh snap. Doesn't make sense to me right now, but...

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I got upset by this and posted a while ago. But do we know this is actually true? I haven't seen any other mention of this except on this thread so far.

If he did it, I stand by my earlier statement. If this didn't actually happen I think we never listen to this source again. I just hope we aren't ticked at Barber for no reason.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694721 said:

Tell us exactrly what you would do if you were in Garret's position?

Would you let Barber slap you upside that pretty face of yours?

Really...how would you handle this, Coach DallasEast?

;)

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694736 said:
You want to see how he carries himself as an effective disciplinarian? So, he hasn't been convicted of being a poor disciplinarian before anyone knows how Barber's not wearing a tie as been addressed by him?

oh snap. Doesn't make sense to me right now, but...
It's up for debate and rightfully so, whether JG had the authority or means to make good when it comes to disciplinary actions when players did not perform. There is no excuses now, he's the interim HC.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694721 said:

I look at it as a great opportunity. He can remove one of the least productive players that happens to be a 'leader' from the starting lineup and be undeniably justified. Some players will grumble but I cannot help but think that would just make sure they get the message that much clearer.

We're not going to the playoffs and I am more than content winnowing the chaff.

Give Choice some carries and he is justified in standing up and being a leader. He certainly is a more inspiring leader than Barber and I think he will be more
productive running the ball.

This is a coup opportunity that Garret can seize on that locker room.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I think pitch forks, knives, flamethrowers, bazookas, grenades...should be thrown at Marion. Reason why i think for Garrett to be successful he needs the power to weed out the guys that do not buy into his program.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3694740 said:
I look at it as a great opportunity. He can remove one of the least productive players that happens to be a 'leader' from the starting lineup and be undeniably justified. Some players will grumble but I cannot help but think that would just make sure they get the message that much clearer.

We're not going to the playoffs and I am more than content winnowing the chaff.

Give Choice some carries and he is justified in standing up and being a leader. He certainly is a more inspiring leader than Barber and I think he will be more
productive running the ball.

This is a coup opportunity that Garret can seize on that locker room.

:hammer:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;3694738 said:
Tell us exactrly what you would do if you were in Garret's position?

Would you let Barber slap you upside that pretty face of yours?

Really...how would you handle this, Coach DallasEast?

;)
Who are you calling pretty??? :mad:

:laugh1:

How would I handle it? Pretty much how I described earlier. I'm only interested to see how Garrett actually does handle it and whether or not I will be surprised.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer
...Should be interesting to see how Garrett/Cowboys handle this. Barber's a captain.
7 minutes ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply/QUOTE]

@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer
Marion Barber broke Garrett's dress code on team flight ... Supposed to wear dress clothes, tie. Wore jeans, untucked shirt.
11 minutes ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply/QUOTE]