Marion Barber III NEVER talks to the media?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guys on The Lunch Break were really letting Barber have it today. They questioned how a guy who won't ever talk can be considered a leader. They don't seem to like him very much because they can't do their jobs as well if players don't cooperate. They mentioned asking him an Obama question, but he pretended to be on his cell phone (or something like that).

My take is that he is a really shy guy when it comes to the media. Nothing personal, just a personality trait. He talks to his teammates and he is open to fans. He signed a ton of autographs after a game last year. He had a video up on Youtube showing his camp for kids in Minnesota. He had a microphone interviewing several NFL players who participated in the camp. So I guess he does open up when he feels comfortable.

I don't think the media types should question his leadership abilities because he is a quiet man. His teammates voted for him as one of the leaders, so obviously they look up to him. Nick Eatman and Derek Eagleton were saying that he is setting himself up for negative press from the media (when he has an off game) by not talking to them. I don't think his personality should be used against him. What do you guys think?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Who needs barber to talk?

With TO, Tank, Bradie, Crayton and others, wheres room for anyone else?

Section446

Reaction score
Who really cares? The guy performs on the football field and that's all that matters.

LSUCowboy

Reaction score
Who says every member of the offense has to be a vocal leader? There's something to be said about a guy who goes in, gets his job done, and keeps his mouth shut. A well balanced team will have both vocal leaders and work horses. Marion is a work horse.

Nav22

Reaction score
I think that if Barber were to ever "lose a game" for us... late fumble at the goalline, something like that... he would man up and tell the press to put the L on him.

Until that happens, he doesn't need to say a damn thing to those vultures.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2406133 said:
The guys on The Lunch Break were really letting Barber have it today. They questioned how a guy who won't ever talk can be considered a leader. They don't seem to like him very much because they can't do their jobs as well if players don't cooperate. They mentioned asking him an Obama question, but he pretended to be on his cell phone (or something like that).

My take is that he is a really shy guy when it comes to the media. Nothing personal, just a personality trait. He talks to his teammates and he is open to fans. He signed a ton of autographs after a game last year. He had a video up on Youtube showing his camp for kids in Minnesota. He had a microphone interviewing several NFL players who participated in the camp. So I guess he does open up when he feels comfortable.

I don't think the media types should question his leadership abilities because he is a quiet man. His teammates voted for him as one of the leaders, so obviously they look up to him. Nick Eatman and Derek Eagleton were saying that he is setting himself up for negative press from the media (when he has an off game) by not talking to them. I don't think his personality should be used against him. What do you guys think?

You're right, his personality should not be used against him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Barber has ever been referred to as a leader of the team. He's a lead by example type.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2406133 said:

He leads by example. You get 1000% from the Barbarian on ever snap. The media needs to chill and just wait for his HOF speech.;)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PaulH1083;2406143 said:
Who really cares? The guy performs on the football field and that's all that matters.

Eatman was saying that's what the fans always say. Well if the fans don't care and his teammates don't care, then what's the problem? MB3 produces when the O-line blocks and sometimes when they don't. I don't have a problem with him not talking to the media either.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2406166 said:
I don't think Barber has ever been referred to as a leader of the team. He's a lead by example type.
He was voted as one of the captains, but like you say some lead by example, not with their mouths.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
i wouldn't talk to the media either, ESPN takes everything out of context anyway

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea you don't always need a leader to be vocal. Its good to have some in the locker room but he's a guy who leads by example. Its possible to lead without being vocal and yelling at teammates.

Section446

Reaction score
koolaid;2406196 said:
i wouldn't talk to the media either, ESPN takes everything out of context anyway
Very true, every time T.O. opens his mouth they make it sound like he's the worst person on the planet.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I give him alot of credit ,The way the Media has treated The Cowboys in the past and recently ,they would probably take something out of context and stick it to us again.
Atta Boy MB,

sbark

Reaction score
I'd say he is heeding some good advice given to him by his Former NFL pro father.........

sacase

Reaction score
I bet many of you who are saying it is ok that Barber doesn't talk to the media were ther first ones to complain when RW refused to talk to the media.

Section446

Reaction score
sacase;2406260 said:
I bet many of you who are saying it is ok that Barber doesn't talk to the media were ther first ones to complain when RW refused to talk to the media.
RW = #38 or #11?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PaulH1083;2406262 said:
RW = #38 or #11?
11 hasn't been here long enough for that to even be an issue.

So sacase point is valid, IMO. It's ok for some, but not for others.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sacase;2406260 said:

Yea which one are you talking about? I've seen both Roy's talk to the media. Barber doesn't say a peep. No difference between him whether he has a good or bad game. Some guys like to only answer questions after a good game. Frankly, I could careless. I hate the media probably more than the players do.