Marlon Humphrey explains whybhe lives in a camper even with a 97 million dollar contract

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But he recently explained how his offseason home shapes up, and why he lives in a camper. Humphrey said since he moved to the rural setting, he’s become more into nature. His acreage even includes a vegetable garden. Then the idea of a camper came up, and he dove in.

“This has been my offseason crib,” he said. “Pretty nice camper, I think it’s state of the art. … My coach is like, ‘Why are you living in a camper?’ It’s been funny to tell people I’m living in a camper, but it’s been funnier when they come and visit me and I’m like, ‘This is where I’m living.’ I consider myself a humble guy.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...-in-a-camper-even-with-a-97-million-contract/

Here is a look at the property he is developing

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Love humble guys like that. That camper is nice. I agree with him about having land too. My father in law lives in Goldsboro, south of Abilene and has his ranch and house there. Just land, goats etc. We 4 wheel, fish, play with the goats and just enjoy tooling around out there. I want some thing like that

Turk

Reaction score
That’s awesome! Love humble guys like that. That camper is nice. I agree with him about having land too. My father in law lives in Goldsboro, south of Abilene and has his ranch and house there. Just land, goats etc. We 4 wheel, fish, play with the goats and just enjoy tooling around out there. I want some thing like that
Been living in a RV for several years. It is the freest type of living there is; if you feel like it you just hook up and go. People around you are a bother; you just go. Feel bored; just go.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Yeah, the house looked like it would be big but not $97M contract big. Seems like a pretty normal guy. Most players his age would be renting some massive 4,000 square foot castle in the meantime. He's just camping it up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably bought the land and is living in the camper while he figures out where on the land to build the home and required infrastructure. It is not quick process. Its kinda dumb b/c now the whole world knows he out there in the middle of nowhere and probably has a load of cash in that camper.

erod

Reaction score
"I'm a humble guy."

That's a contradictory sentence. LOL

Pretty cool though. Just save that money, young man.

Turk

Reaction score
He probably bought the land and is living in the camper while he figures out where on the land to build the home and required infrastructure. It is not quick process. Its kinda dumb b/c now the whole world knows he out there in the middle of nowhere and probably has a load of cash in that camper.
why would he have a load of cash?

Or is that the only excuse you can come up with to call him dumb?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*Ha, that cat most definitely got a bigger load of #2 ought buck scatter shot waiting for those hop headed fools*o_O

John813

Reaction score

Yea, have a feeling the land may be built on for his forever home/mansion. We'll see I guess. Still a refreshing story

Melonfeud

Reaction score
* I'm better than half way thru the O.P.'s accompanying video( that boy needs some serious overseer type of 'operations' help, in getting it going on, foundationally* ( that dried out& dying "sod" he'd helped w/ his own hands to lay( all the while ,with damner' 1/2 the muddy Mississippi River in spittin' distance on it's 6, is an out right travesty to visually witness* ( hell, I'd loan the guy a 2" trash pump& invoke the power of prayer blessings upon him, if I thought it would help*o_O:starspin:o_O

Hoofbite

Reaction score

He's already figured out where to put the home, and I doubt he keeps a load of cash in the camper. Why would he?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
* I'm better than half way thru the O.P.'s accompanying video( that boy needs some serious overseer type of 'operations' help, in getting it going on, foundationally* ( that dried out& dying "sod" he'd helped w/ his own hands to lay( all the while ,with damner' 1/2 the muddy Mississippi River in spittin' distance on it's 6, is an out right travesty to visually witness* ( hell, I'd loan the guy a 2" trash pump& invoke the power of prayer blessings upon him, if I thought it would help*o_O:starspin:o_O

why in the hell do you put random asterisks in all your posts?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
why in the hell do you put random asterisks in all your posts?
*I was 97% complete with my ( obviously) never to be rifled responding salvo of discourse ,,,(?) The demonic Google God's in their ,much needed,b.t.w. collective powers, flat out ATE MY POST of crippling brilliance to those of the questioning masses, BROUGHAM'S,,,er,,,it's not my fault, damner'ito_O