Martha Stewart to Serve Time in West Virginia

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040929/ap_on_bi_ge/martha_stewart_8

NEW YORK - Martha Stewart (news - web sites) has been ordered to serve her sentence for lying about a stock sale at the federal prison in Alderson, W.Va., a source close to the case told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Stewart had asked to serve her five-month sentence at the federal prison in Danbury, Conn., close to her home in Westport, or as a second choice at the federal prison in Coleman, Fla.

But the source, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity, said the federal Bureau of Prisons had instead chosen Alderson, a minimum-security women's prison that houses about 1,000 inmates.

A federal judge has ordered Stewart to report to prison by Oct. 8.

A spokeswoman for Stewart did not immediately return a call for comment, and Dan Dunne, a spokesman for the federal Bureau of Prisons, had no comment.

Stewart, 63, and former stockbroker Peter Bacanovic were convicted in March of lying to federal investigators about why Stewart sold 3,928 shares of ImClone Systems Inc. stock in December 2001.

They received the same sentence — five months in prison, plus five months of house arrest.

Both were allowed to remain free while they appealed, but Stewart announced plans earlier this month to begin serving her time anyway in order to "reclaim my good life." Her appeal remains alive.

The West Virginia prison, nicknamed Camp Cupcake, opened in 1927 as the first federal prison for women. It was the vision of Eleanor Roosevelt and Mabel Walker Willebrandt, the first woman appointed to run federal prisons.

The facility is set on a hill in a rural area. There are no metal fences surrounding the camp. Inmates have fixed schedules and must work, but free time can be spent playing volleyball, softball or tennis, or doing aerobics.

Billie Holiday, Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, a member of the Manson family who tried to shoot President Ford, and Sara Jane Moore, who also tried to kill Ford, are among the facility's alumnae.

Shares in Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., Stewart's multimedia empire, were down 25 cents at $15.51 in morning trading Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange .

==========================

Some of my fellow West Virginians would like for Martha to have this so she can print it out and hang it on her cell wall...

BEATTY.JPG

:p

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeel! :D

Poor Ned. I can't look at him in other movies without laughing.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Well... luckily for her... she goes IN to prison as a BlTCH... :D

Eddie

Reaction score
Hell man, she's going to a country club for 5 months. I wouldn't mind being "put away" for 5 months to work and play tennis, volleyball, and aerobics ...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Well... luckily for her... she goes IN to prison as a BlTCH...

ROFL! That's just wrong. :D

I'm sure she can help the inmates with some nice Colgate essence shanks that compliment the murky gray colors of the interior. ;)