Marvel's Agents of Shield: Season 7

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought AoS was cancelled, but my DVR recorded episode one last night, so yay!!

Oops, forgot it was an acronym...S.H.I.E.L.D.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I enjoyed the first episode of the final season, the current setting is reminiscent of the Agent Carter series. However, I still believe the ending of the fifth season should've been the end to the series. :popcorn:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Episode two felt drawn out with exposition, less action. The new 'time-period-of-the-week' format has potential, looking forward to the Agent Sousa crossover from the Agent Carter show next week.:popcorn:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Episode three was entertaining, a nice mix of action and comedy. I especially enjoyed the Blade Runner (1982) reference when Coulson asked a Voight-Kampff test question to an old lady on the bus:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Episode four featured an entertaining film noir style and concluded in an interesting twist for Agent Sousa. I'm enthusiastically waiting for the next episode after seeing the promo at the end of the episode:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Episode four featured an entertaining film noir style and concluded in an interesting twist for Agent Sousa. I'm enthusiastically waiting for the next episode after seeing the promo at the end of the episode:

I think this is one of the better seasons.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I think this is one of the better seasons.
I couldn't agree more. Maybe it's because they know it's the final season, they don't have the pressure of renewal to worry about, so they're having fun with the material and enjoying the last hurrah? :huh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I couldn't agree more. Maybe it's because they know it's the final season, they don't have the pressure of renewal to worry about, so they're having fun with the material and enjoying the last hurrah? :huh:
They're making it more about the story than the powers, which I think inherently makes the story more natural.....Plus, Daisy is hotter than ever.
:thumbup:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
They're making it more about the story than the powers, which I think inherently makes the story more natural.....Plus, Daisy is hotter than ever.
:thumbup:
Episode five I especially enjoyed in the 70's style intro and the Terminator 2 (1991) reference by Enoch. In addition to your point, it helps that Daisy is played by the attractive Chloe Bennet. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Episode five I especially enjoyed in the 70's style intro and the Terminator 2 (1991) reference by Enoch. In addition to your point, it helps that Daisy is played by the attractive Chloe Bennet. :thumbup:
The quick nod to Saturday Night Fever, with the walk was pretty good too.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Episode six featured an allusion to Alien (1979), the room with the Chronicom Hunter pods. The preview to the next episode seems packed with 80's references, Max Headroom & Chopping Mall (1986):

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Episode six featured an allusion to Alien (1979), the room with the Chronicom Hunter pods. The preview to the next episode seems packed with 80's references, Max Headroom & Chopping Mall (1986):

I love how every week is a completely different setting and style.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I love how every week is a completely different setting and style.
I couldn't agree more. Episode seven had Mack go full Thor from Avengers: Endgame (2019), complete with the long beard, beer gut, and man boobs. Next week Dichen Lachman is back as Jiaying:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I couldn't agree more. Episode seven had Mack go full Thor from Avengers: Endgame (2019), complete with the long beard, beer gut, and man boobs. Next week Dichen Lachman is back as Jiaying:

Stop telling me what I haven't seen yet!!! Lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Mack is, and has been, such an emotional baby. He's that absolute worst person to be in charge of something like S.H.I.E.L.D.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mack is, and has been, such an emotional baby. He's that absolute worst person to be in charge of something like S.H.I.E.L.D.
I never really considered that, but you're right, he wears his emotions on his sleeve. If I was in charge, Daisy wouldn't be allowed to wear clothes on the ship.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Didn't care for this episode, to be honest. It was kind of hokey.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Stop telling me what I haven't seen yet!!! Lol
My mistake, I didn't know spoilers weren't allowed in your thread. Episode eight felt a lot like episode seven, but with the episode centering a different couple of characters. Next week looks interesting: