Mask mandate in planes in US lifted

Discussion in 'COVID Zone' started by RustyBourneHorse, Apr 19, 2022.

1. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

25,261 Messages
    27,492 Likes Received
    https://www.swamedia.com/releases/r...ia-statement-federal-face-mask-mandate-lifted

Excerpt:

Apr 18, 2022
    On Monday, a federal judge issued a decision stating the federal mask mandate for public transportation, including on airlines and at airports, is no longer in effect. Thereafter, the White House announced the masking order is not in effect, and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will not enforce the federal mask mandate at this time.

Jake likes this.
  2. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    48,951 Messages
    37,195 Likes Received
    Thread reminder

Site Rule #7 - You will not post political discussions, comments or content.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  3. Robbieac

Robbieac Well-Known Member

3,329 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
  4. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

32,319 Messages
    34,998 Likes Received
    It was past time.

5. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,787 Messages
    60,177 Likes Received
    There are some folks on Twitter who are not taking this news well. :muttley:

RJ_MacReady, Jammer, kskboys and 2 others like this.
  6. RustyBourneHorse

25,261 Messages
    27,492 Likes Received
    It'll be nice not to wear a mask on planes anymore

Robbieac likes this.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

7,284 Messages
    5,808 Likes Received
    they'll be back...give it a couple of months

8. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,302 Messages
    3,237 Likes Received
    I'm flying Monday. I'm carrying a mask just in case. I always thought it was stupid anyway. Planes have some of the best filtration systems in the world and when you're eating or drinking you could pull you mask down. It wasn't like the virus knew it couldn't leave your body while you were eating/drinking.

9. RustyBourneHorse

25,261 Messages
    27,492 Likes Received
    Probably right, but may as well enjoy it while it lasts.

10. VaqueroTD

VaqueroTD Well-Known Member

2,277 Messages
    5,063 Likes Received
    Flew out last Monday and it was one of those bumpy trips where they didn’t feel safe bringing out drinks, and it was a particularly irritating day for me with the mask, so had to grin and bear it for a few hours. So it was good to hear the news and know I could fly back Friday with nothing on. Not sure what the reason was we had to hold out so long for with most modes of transportation. Even Uber and Lyft wouldn’t budge. Judge was right. Regardless of the virus risks, just didn’t make any more practical sense if everything else could care less about masks. What are we preventing? Learn to live with it and accept the risks as Mother Nature does her job strengthening the contact base and weakening the virus as time goes on.

11. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,302 Messages
    3,237 Likes Received
    I flew Monday and yesterday. I did not wear a mask in the airport or during my flights. Something so small felt liberating. There were a few people who wore masks, but I would have to guess it was much less than 10%. Some of the flight crew wore masks. Luckily they removed their masks when they made announcements. Covid scare tactics seem to be over.

12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,156 Messages
    17,398 Likes Received
    It's not like surgical or cloth masks could stop the virus of it's size either. As mentioned, the filtration system on planes is the only protection that is scientifically proven to protect you against that virus.

13. RustyBourneHorse

25,261 Messages
    27,492 Likes Received
    Just got home from a short trip to Denver. No masks is more fun.

Jammer likes this.
  14. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

3,039 Messages
    4,367 Likes Received
    I just got back from St. Kitts. No mask mandate until you touch down in St. Kitts and then you had to put one on exiting the plane and going through customs and immigration. If you're traveling internationally keep a mask in your pocket in case. We had to wear one on the shuttle to our hotel as well. The hotel and all the restaurants said "No mask no entry" everywhere we went but nobody was wearing them lol. I was stuck in Miami Int. for 4 freaking hours and being maskless for that was great!

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  15. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,423 Messages
    17,064 Likes Received
    I know Steve-O is pleased.

[​IMG]