Twitter: Maurice Hurst Cleared By Cardiologists, Full Workout Friday

cowboyec

Reaction score
Please just say no! There’s already 3 or 4 3T on this team. I’d be happy to see a 1T at 19 but don’t want Hurst no matter how good he is. Taking him waves the white flag on run defense.
no way.
he is anything but a white flag.
he is the best interior DL in the group.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I called this one early (along with James Washington running a pedestrian 40 time), Hurst isn't nearly the athlete Donald is. He actually performed much worse than I expected. Again, folks are watching highlight videos instead of the game clips. Hurst gets pushed around and manhandled alot.

cnuball21

Reaction score
higher needs IMO. Collins is good.

Collins is vastly overrated, Hurst is twice the prospect Collins was coming out.

If we have a chance to upgrade the pedestrian DT play we've been getting from Collins, I'm all for it.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the player but we do NOT need another 3t

I truly hope for the big 1t. Why should marinelli have any input. Hell he's outta here soon one way or the other. Draft the better player and let him do his thing. Payne / Vea will help the MIKE. We don't need another gap shooting 3t taking himself out if running plays. Get the guy who commands a TRUE double tram inside

waving monkey

Reaction score
Collins is vastly overrated, Hurst is twice the prospect Collins was coming out.

If we have a chance to upgrade the pedestrian DT play we've been getting from Collins, I'm all for it.

\Collins would be fine with a big strong space eater. Hurst is a better player then Collins but that pick can fill another hole
that badly needs help. Hurst probably is still a 1st rounder IMO I go LVE or Will Hernandez. thats just me

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
\Collins would be fine with a big strong space eater. Hurst is a better player then Collins but that pick can fill another hole
that badly needs help. Hurst probably is still a 1st rounder IMO I go LVE or Will Hernandez. thats just me

Exactly. Collins has been miscast as a 1-tech. If you watched him at Nebraska you’d see him get washed out and moved at will. His physique betrays him as he looks like a run plugging 1-tech but his strong suit is penetration up the middle and stunts.

Honestly, that move by the coaching staff more than anything put them in question in my mind.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That was a move of desperation They didn't cover their D1 spot adequately.
I like the looks of Price and they do to it appears but we need a bad man at the D1

cowboyec

Reaction score
if cleared by our Dr's,I have 0 problem taking the best interior DT in the class.
•strong v the run.
•generates pass rush.
•relentless in pursuit.

watch his tape v ohio st last yr....faced multiple triple teams and still kept coming.
baring injury,he...Nathan Shepherd and Deadrin Senat will be the 3 best from this group.

DiResta

Reaction score
does clearing him usually satisfy teams or is he likely to fall?
of course this is generalizing but there always seems to be that guy sitting back there who slides

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I have been coveting Payne since last year for our 1-tech. Unfortunatly I can't see it happening. So I have started looking at the next tier players, I like the look of Shepherd a lot.
For all the reasons other people have stated, Hurst would be a great pick up if we were already stout at the 1-tech. We are not.
As much as I love Marinelli the crusty old line coach - I hate his guiding phillosophy on what a 1-tech should be and the value for them. Collins has been done a disservice by being moved over for need.
If I cant have Payne, I sure as hell dont want Hurst.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Collins biggest weakness coming out was ability to anchor and lack of power against the run.

It has been evident ever since he's been in the league. A great 1T would be nice to help him, but it doesn't change his weakness.

I see both DT spots as big needs, including 3T.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Collins biggest weakness coming out was ability to anchor and lack of power against the run.

It has been evident ever since he's been in the league. A great 1T would be nice to help him, but it doesn't change his weakness.

I see both DT spots as big needs, including 3T.
The great thing about message boards is everybody gets to post their opinion