Maximize this Trade by signing Dez for the remainder of the year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Signing Dez for the remainder of the year. throw Dez, Amari, Beasley, Gallup and Austin when he gets back, teams wont be able to stack the line against Zeke....If this FO is really serious about turning this year around.
you still have Dak....so until that changes. not much changes.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
That’s gone now buts it’s the move we should’ve made.

Dez is better then Cooper and he costs nothing.

The front office are football morons.

Wait, what? Seriously? Cooper is 7 years younger. He is faster, plays more positions and runs better routes.

I like Dez. But at this stage of his career he is no better than a red zone jump ball threat. And next year he’ll be even worse. There is a reason he remains unsigned.

Edit: before you mention drops, remember that Dez was 4th in the league in that department.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Signing Dez for the remainder of the year. throw Dez, Amari, Beasley, Gallup and Austin when he gets back, teams wont be able to stack the line against Zeke....If this FO is really serious about turning this year around.
That would be my plan. But Dak has to get the ball out. We could easily turn from having the worst WR corps to one of the best over the bye week. But Dak has to get the ball out and accurate to them to get them out of the stacked box. Once that happens. Lol. This Offense would be unreal. Elliot with about 150 yards a game. WR that will get enough yak to have Dak looking like a 300 yard a game passer.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I don’t believe Dez is better than Cooper at this point but I think the point of the OP is that we can have Dez for dirt cheap right now.

Having a guy like Cooper along with Gallup, Beasley, and possibly Dez? That’s a wideout group that will keep opposing D’s on their toes. Then add Zeke to the mix, that’s a pretty stout offense IMO.

This isn’t a Cooper vs. Dez debate.

No... its a Dez vs team chemistry debate..... and that debate is over.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Dez is a joke. Anyone that wants to bring that guy back even he he plays for free should have their account deleted. NO team wants Dez just like no team would sign Garrett if/when he is fired.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cooper, Beasley and Gallup are all better than the 2017 and later version of Dez.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

False. Cooper is better. Not the better career, but he's the better player right now. Let's use just last year for comparison:

2017 Dez: 69 catches, 838 yards, 6 TDs, 12.1ypc, Eight 20+ yard catches, Two 40+ yard catches - 16 games played

2017 Cooper: 48 catches, 680 yards, 7 TDs, 14.2ypc, Nine 20+ yard catches, Three 40+ yard catches - 14 games played

Give me the receiver who is almost 6 years younger, more explosive, way faster (4.4 speed), runs better routes, and has the better catch radius. Sorry, but 2014 Dez is long gone. And Cooper has his prime years in front of him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
False. Cooper is better. Not the better career, but he's the better player right now. Let's use just last year for comparison:

2017 Dez: 69 catches, 838 yards, 6 TDs, 12.1ypc, Eight 20+ yard catches, Two 40+ yard catches - 16 games played

2017 Cooper: 48 catches, 680 yards, 7 TDs, 14.2ypc, Nine 20+ yard catches, Three 40+ yard catches - 14 games played

Give me the receiver who is almost 6 years younger, more explosive, way faster (4.4 speed), runs better routes, and has the better catch radius. Sorry, but 2014 Dez is long gone. And Cooper has his prime years in front of him.

Lol thanks for those stats and showing that Dez was better in the worst year of his career with Dak Prescott and not Carr throwing him the ball.

Throw in the fact we gave up a first rounder and this is a no brainer.

Dez > Cooper all day.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You bring Dez back and there will be zero excuses for the coaching staff and Dak.

They cant win with that then get rid of all of them.

Put all their crap in a 30 gallon trash bag ( Kroger brand) not even the good quality stuff. And tell them they have 5 minutes to leave the property before they call security.

conner01

Reaction score
The real question is do we have the QB to maximize this trade?
Do we have the OC to create a way to use amari at what he does best?
Amari has the talent to help this team though I hated the trade because of the cost
My concern is being able to get the hall to him

aaev84

Reaction score
Lol thanks for those stats and showing that Dez was better in the worst year of his career with Dak Prescott and not Carr throwing him the ball.

Throw in the fact we gave up a first rounder and this is a no brainer.

Dez > Cooper all day.
It will be obvious by year end. I say year end because excuses will be made about developing "chemistry". Something Dak has been unable to do with pretty much every receiver save for the almighty Brice Butler. I suppose that excuse of "chemistry" might be made into next year to a smaller degree. Dez is past his prime... But people give Dak too much benefit of the doubt and try to attribute Dez being way past his prime. Its not about Dez. Its about the Cowboys organization putting far too much faith into one player.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

There are reasons Dez is unemployed, and most of them have nothing to do with an ability to play football. Some of you guys will just never get it.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I think the FO thinks they are a few plays away from winning more games so wanted to add a playmaker. They weren’t going to be outdone by the eagles or skins trading for him.