Maximize this Trade by signing Dez for the remainder of the year

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Dez is gone and not coming back.... his career is over! Thirty two teams have decided that he is not worthy of being signed. He is not better than Cooper, and hasn't been in 5 years. Get over it.....
bet he goes to play for the AAF or the XFL2

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
False. Cooper is better. Not the better career, but he's the better player right now. Let's use just last year for comparison:

2017 Dez: 69 catches, 838 yards, 6 TDs, 12.1ypc, Eight 20+ yard catches, Two 40+ yard catches - 16 games played

2017 Cooper: 48 catches, 680 yards, 7 TDs, 14.2ypc, Nine 20+ yard catches, Three 40+ yard catches - 14 games played

Give me the receiver who is almost 6 years younger, more explosive, way faster (4.4 speed), runs better routes, and has the better catch radius. Sorry, but 2014 Dez is long gone. And Cooper has his prime years in front of him.

Hes better with carr. Dak though.

Asklesko

Reaction score
If we had any intention of signing Dez he would already be on the team

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our O line won't give Dak the time to let these recievers get open. And our brilliant OC doesn't think having quick short passes as a part of the gameplan is a good idea.
He gets plenty if time. He just holds it too long be ause he cannot read a defense or anticipate the routes and throw hisc receivers open

dckid

Reaction score
Signing Dez for the remainder of the year. throw Dez, Amari, Beasley, Gallup and Austin when he gets back, teams wont be able to stack the line against Zeke....If this FO is really serious about turning this year around.

Firstly, I would highly recommend the Ringer NFL Podcast...I heard this from Mike Lombardi... He says If I was advising Jerry I would go out and get a viable backup QB because you dont want to get Dak injured and drafting in the top 5. That would be a disaster. The goal now is to really try to get to 9 wins and not be drafting that high.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't disagree. If we truly think the one thing holding us back is a lack of talent at WR, then why not bring back Dez to become one of the best #2 WRs in the league? Our WR corps would instantly go from one of the worst to one of the best. Now, I don't know if I agree that WR was the problem. But we've already gone all in on WR so we must think it was the problem. So why not turn a weakness into a strength?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing Dez for the remainder of the year. throw Dez, Amari, Beasley, Gallup and Austin when he gets back, teams wont be able to stack the line against Zeke....If this FO is really serious about turning this year around.

That's way too much talent, bro. The league would step in, I would think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't disagree. If we truly think the one thing holding us back is a lack of talent at WR, then why not bring back Dez to become one of the best #2 WRs in the league? Our WR corps would instantly go from one of the worst to one of the best. Now, I don't know if I agree that WR was the problem. But we've already gone all in on WR so we must think it was the problem. So why not turn a weakness into a strength?
because Dez cannot get separation. Everything is 50/50 balls. That's no good

texbumthelife

Reaction score
..... By backing up a dump truck full of money to Lincoln Riley's house this spring.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak needs to get rid of the ball. #4 can't see the field that's why he's getting sacked, for holding on to the ball cause he lacks anticipation...a prerequisite for being a successful pro QB.
It's amazing how people want to draw a direct correlation from sacks to bad OL play. The Cowboys OL has been mostly mediocre, but plays like the strip sack for a TD last Sunday are all on the QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s gone now buts it’s the move we should’ve made.

Dez is better then Cooper and he costs nothing.

The front office are football morons.

Out of curiosity, do you believe there were multiple 2nd round picks offered for Cooper as has been reported? And, if so, why do you think those teams didn't just sign Dez? Especially if one was PHI (and another was reportedly WAS) and we know Dez wanted to go to the NFCE if he possibly could.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you believe there were multiple 2nd round picks offered for Cooper as has been reported? And, if so, why do you think those teams didn't just sign Dez? Especially if one was PHI (and another was reportedly WAS) and we know Dez wanted to go to the NFCE if he possibly could.

There is something going on with Dez Bryant that’s not being reported. Clearly.

Either he is not interested in playing or he did something horrible and nobody knows about it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is something going on with Dez Bryant that’s not being reported. Clearly.

Either he is not interested in playing or he did something horrible and nobody knows about it.

I think you're right about that. Not sure what it is. One of the Talking Cowboys guys (think it was Mickey) suggesting he can't play any more. Dez himself alluded a couple times to 'getting something right' personally. Not sure what it is, but it sounds like it's something.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Too logical.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
He gets plenty if time. He just holds it too long be ause he cannot read a defense or anticipate the routes and throw hisc receivers open
No, he can't throw receivers open, very few qbs can. Even romo wasn't in year 3, heck he hadn't thrown a ball. But to say he can't read a defence is stupid. Someone who can't read a D doesn't throw picks as rarely as Dak. Every pick this year has been off the hands of our receivers

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, he can't throw receivers open, very few qbs can. Even romo wasn't in year 3, heck he hadn't thrown a ball. But to say he can't read a defence is stupid. Someone who can't read a D doesn't throw picks as rarely as Dak. Every pick this year has been off the hands of our receivers
Not really stupid at all. He CANNOT read a D
He fails to notice blitzes and cannot correctly change a play at the LOS . It's a huge issue in his development. He doesn't throw pucks because he us scared to let it loose.