May be time to let Marinelli go

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
meaningless yards....like I said, it felt like we played prevent defense...we essentially gave up 10 points, not withstanding that last 7 points when we had most of the subs in.

Oh, lie to yourself. You don't get to lie to me. The 'Rushmen' did nothing but get run over, around, and through all day. Just be thankful that the Giants playcaller took Barkley and his over 10 yards a carry off the field for you. And the offensive scoring took the Giants out of their gameplan.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Are we really looking for things to complain about on a day where we beat a Division rival by 18 points?

The title is overly dramatic but the underlying criticism is valid. When we look at why the team hasn’t advanced further in the playoffs and why they’ve struggled to find consistency from season to season, the culprit tends to be the pass defense.

Great win, but you’re always looking for areas of improvement.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, you keep holding out that hope for your boy Crawford. I'm not fooled. Certainly not the way he is.

Crawford isn't my guy. I've been hoping for them to move on from him for years.

You're just blinded here. Blinded about me. Blinded about Crawford.

Crawford got doubled by the TE and T. They even drew the double team on the screen at 0:22. Most guys are gonna lose that one.

LVE is the guy who blew it. He was uncovered, picked the wrong gap, and disappeared.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford isn't my guy. I've been hoping for them to move on from him for years.

You're just blinded here. Blinded about me. Blinded about Crawford.

Crawford got doubled by the TE and T. They even drew the double team on the screen at 0:22. Most guys are gonna lose that one.

LVE is the guy who blew it. He was uncovered, picked the wrong gap, and disappeared.

That's a flat out lie. The tackle never did a thing to Crawford, and never had to. Evan Engram took care of that goof all by himself. Crawford had no idea where the play was even going. He charged at the tackle himself and did their job for them. He was washed out by a TE who can't block for the biggest run of the game. Deal with it and don't resort to fabrication. Don't talk about anyone else being "blinded" when you have to resort to making things up.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
The problem isn’t the calls as much. Richard is calling the plays and he has blitzed a lot more than Rod ever did.

The big problem is the DL play. The Rams uncovered tells in how the DL aligns that give away when a stunt / slant is coming. The offense then checks into a run play to punish the stunts, something like a trap or cutback where the DL is out of position to make a play. Giants clearly watched the Rams tape.

They need to change up the alignments in some manner. I’m surprised no one on the staff too the time to figure out how they got creamed by LA?

nobody

Reaction score
It really wasn't as bad as people think. Look at how many yards the Giants got: 470 Now look at their final score: 17 The bend but don't brake did exactly that. Richard called the game and Linehan was there basically as support.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And with a defense with so much talent that it didn’t matter who the coach was to be honest.
It would be nice to have Simeon Rice,Sapp,Booger McFarland, and Greg Spires on your DL to play with. Yet people don't realize those were Lovie and Dungies guys.

bodi

Reaction score
yea but still time to hang them up - i thought he do this past year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The tackle never did a thing to Crawford, and never had to. ... He charged at the tackle himself and did their job for them.
Don't talk about anyone else being "blinded" when you have to resort to making things up.

You're blind to your own contradictions from sentence to sentence.

Crawford engaged the T while the TE sealed him off. Double team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not overlooking issues, despite the win. Just like fans want to pull out the "positives" from a loss, I'm discussing the issues following a win. Same standards. I'm concerned that they gave up over 500 yards of offense to the Giants today.

It was 470 yards but who's counting. The Giants had one drive of more than 31 yards in the first half, which was all on Barkley breaking a long run. Then the Giants were down by 14 and passing to try to catch up..... which they didn't.

I agree this is something to watch but I can't cross the line to call it an issue. The Cowboys had one defensive starter out with two others (Pro Bowlers) getting their first game action after injuries. This is also a team that doesn't play its starters in the preseason to avoid injuries, so you can expect some rust in their opening game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're blind to your own contradictions from sentence to sentence.

Crawford engaged the T while the TE sealed him off. Double team.

It's not a "double team" when he runs to the tackle. There's no contradiction other than you trying to spread the false narrative that it took two guys to move Crawford. He ran to Nate Solder and took himself out of the play. And Engram had to do nothing other than help the dummy go where he was already headed, taking himself out of the play. But yeah, you go ahead and try to blame it on LVE...

:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was 470 yards but who's counting. The Giants had one drive of more than 31 yards in the first half, which was all on Barkley breaking a long run. Then the Giants were down by 14 and passing to try to catch up..... which they didn't.

Doesn't erase the fact that they went up and down the field all day. And thank their offensive coordinator for taking Barkley out of the game for us.

I agree this is something to watch but I can't cross the line to call it an issue.

I don't see how you have to cross any line to admit the obvious. Giving up 500 yards of offense is an issue.

The Cowboys had one defensive starter out with two others (Pro Bowlers) getting their first game action after injuries. This is also a team that doesn't play its starters in the preseason to avoid injuries, so you can expect some rust in their opening game.

And the Giants were missing their #2 receiver. Everyone can find excuses if they look hard enough.

I can enjoy a win and the performance from Dak and the passing game while still acknowledging the fact that the defensive line played poorly.