CFZ Maybe the Cowboys should follow Green Bay's lead?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
This is when I shake my head about having the same guy who is concerned about selling tickets, merchandise, and TV ratings also being the guy who makes final roster and player personnel decisions. It’s a really bad premise and we have two and half decades of evidence of its shortcomings.

I like some of the “kids” we have at WR this year and they are a fun story. But when they are facing NFL quality talent on a 3rd and 7 on a must have it drive and can’t adjust their route properly because they haven’t seen that kind of opposition we are all going to remember it didn’t have to be this way. I think Lamb is very good but he’s never been the Alpha WR at this level and without much of a supporting cast early, it’s dicey.

Maybe we get lucky with the youngsters filling in at WR early this year. But rolling the dice on situations like this is only done by football people who have zero accountability for their jobs or their failures.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is when I shake my head about having the same guy who is concerned about selling tickets, merchandise, and TV ratings also being the guy who makes final roster and player personnel decisions. It’s a really bad premise and we have two and half decades of evidence of its shortcomings.

I like some of the “kids” we have at WR this year and they are a fun story. But when they are facing NFL quality talent on a 3rd and 7 on a must have it drive and can’t adjust their route properly because they haven’t seen that kind of opposition we are all going to remember it didn’t have to be this way.

Maybe we get lucky with the youngsters filling in at WR early this year. But rolling the dice on situations is only done by football people who have zero accountability for their jobs or their failures.
Bullet, this owner cares as much about how it looks as the results. I've heard no other owner calling out moral victories.

He's already been called out by some heads and we know he is more than aware of that. One of his goals is to prove the Cooper trade was the right move.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bullet, this owner cares as much about how it looks as the results. I've heard no other owner calling out moral victories.

He's already been called out by some heads and we know he is more than aware of that. One of his goals is to prove the Cooper trade was the right move.
Even that kind of need to prove himself worthy of being seen as “a football guy” is pitiful. Just doing whatever it takes to win is never the apparent primary goal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think they are planning more targets for Pollard. He's been attending WR meetings according to Archer. One thing is for sure, Dak will only trust receivers who are where they suppose to be on any given route. Something he said he liked about Houston.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they are planning more targets for Pollard. He's been attending WR meetings according to Archer. One thing is for sure, Dak will only trust receivers who are where they suppose to be on any given route. Something he said he liked about Houston.
All QB's are that way. Rodgers is calling his guys out for not being where they're supposed to be and drops when he hits them. And Rodgers throws a sweet ball, very little wobble.

Under the leadership duties of the QB is holding players accountable and while I don't like him, Rodgers does that very well.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Jerry just this year was quoted to saying "I just want us in contention for the playoffs, late in the year".
His true interest is simply relevance, nothing more.
Does he want to win? *Sure! We all do!
But it's not his ultimate goal by any means.
His ultimate goal is keeping the Cowboys name in everybody's mouths as much as possible.

*Remember those Sally Struthers commercials?

Aven8

Reaction score
AJ Dillion is a bruising RB. I can’t see him having 50 catches. Both of those backs are studs though. Moore will do what he always does and spread the wealth. This system works but it doesn’t allow anyone to take over games which is sometimes needed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry just this year was quoted to saying "I just want us in contention for the playoffs, late in the year".
His true interest is simply relevance, nothing more.
Does he want to win? *Sure! We all do!
But it's not his ultimate goal by any means.
His ultimate goal is keeping the Cowboys name in everybody's mouths as much as possible.

*Remember those Sally Struthers commercials?
It is his conduit to celebrity status. And he knows if the Cowboys are in the mix, the talking heads are required to make them story 1.

Most owners would be a little troubled that they're talking about his QB being in a slump, but not Booger. He was happy his guy was getting more coverage than the two HOFers fighting it out for MVP.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It is his conduit to celebrity status. And he knows if the Cowboys are in the mix, the talking heads are required to make them story 1.

Most owners would be a little troubled that they're talking about his QB being in a slump, but not Booger. He was happy his guy was getting more coverage than the two HOFers fighting it out for MVP.
Very true. He is the team's worst enemy and best friend at the same time.
Such a conundrum is nothing, but trouble, but we blame everyone else all the time when the curtain goes up.

JBS

Reaction score
This thread is dumb to say the least. Lamb is a WR1. Why would Dallas not use him accordingly? Gb has crap at WR. Lamb isn’t crap. This thread makes absolutely zero sense.

ghst187

Reaction score
We should follow Green Bay's lead and?

Fire Mike McCarthy?
Take ownership out of the hands of a narcissist and make it a publicly held team?

mane teach our OL to get away with holding on every play?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread is dumb to say the least. Lamb is a WR1. Why would Dallas not use him accordingly? Gb has crap at WR. Lamb isn’t crap. This thread makes absolutely zero sense.
It's not a dumb thread. While I like Lamb enough to have bought his jersey, he has yet to show that he can produce while being the main focus of the other team's secondary.