McCarthy and that 4th and 4

J12B

Reaction score

Gutsy call.

I was surprised he went for it there.

Nice job coach.

Oh and I thought Lamb may have not gotten full control until he was backed up a bit and the spot would've been close....anyone else think that?

Jenky

Reaction score
Do you think Dak would dare attempt that throw?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the call had failed, there'd be a lot more saying how he's the worst coach in the league. But that's the life of an NFL head coach.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Lamb's neck permanently grew at least 3 inches on that play

drew-brees-neck.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Gutsy call.

Nice job coach.

Oh and I thought Lamb may have not gotten full control until he was backed up a bit and the spot would've been close....anyone else think that?

It was a dumb call

Playmaker3128

Reaction score

Gutsy call.

Nice job coach.

Def thought he caught it, wouldn't have been overturned. But hell of a job not only by rush to run a play but to pick up a nice gain after.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Coaches should go for it far more often. There are very few scenarios where it’s statistically the right choice to punt on 4th and less than 5 on the plus side of midfield.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like that McCarthy is willing to risk it for the sake of a win. Those risks might not always pay off, but I respect it nonetheless

Techsass

Reaction score
Mike seems to take more risky chances when he thinks the other team might beat us.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That play was clutch. He got nailed and held onto the ball. You just can't throw CeeDee an easy ball. The harder the catch, the more likely it is he'll catch it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Gutsy call.

Nice job coach.

If they said that wasn't a first down I wouldn't even be upset. I actually am not sure if it was. Really close.

Nav22

Reaction score
Do you think Dak would dare attempt that throw?
If Lamb dropped that because he got blasted RIGHT as the ball arrived, it probably wouldn’t have even been considered a good throw/decision by Rush. Glad it worked out.
:laugh: