Twitter: McCarthy: Dak is not in a slump

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCarthy is just defending his quarterback's play and underneath it all knows he's in a slump.

This is 100 percent coach-speak. I can't believe that's lost on so many.

100%

The worst thing McCarthy could do is acknowledge what he see’s to the media.

Dak set the standard so high early in the year and now we have gone back to having a mediocre QB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine judging Dak the same way you judge guys like Mahomes and Herbert.

I’d love to see your opinion of Dak if he had on a Bears helmet.
You’re just haven’t been paying attention then. I have no issue critiquing. I have an issue outright Wishing he was never the Cowboys quarterback.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A Dak-Stan saying Mahomes is over-rates and basically a “Hail Mary” QB, while throwing 50 TDs in his first year as a true starter.

You have zero credibility on QB play…
And you’re consistent Dislike , Disapproval of Prescott shows your lack of football knowledge also. So

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Darn that "COVID Brain"... it's a real thing and it's affecting Big Mike's ability to process what he's seeing. LOL

I'm a HUGE Dak fan, but something is up. I'm betting it's an injury.

I have to agree with you. Remember the calf strain occurred because he didn't want to put full pressure on his surgically repaired ankle. It's possible Dak is trying to re-invent his throwing mechanics on the fly. He needs to stop overthinking and just play football.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine judging Dak the same way you judge guys like Mahomes and Herbert.

I’d love to see your opinion of Dak if he had on a Bears helmet.
I asked a question 15 times but nobody wants to answer it. How come Martin can’t get down field to a second level block. Is it because he’s helping the center. Is it because the center is helping the left guard. How come there’s no running game to support the passing game. How come there’s no passing game to support the running game Siri what happened to the great Ezekiel Elliott. Yeah it’s all Prescott, I’m freaking believable

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
100%

The worst thing McCarthy could do is acknowledge what he see’s to the media.

Dak set the standard so high early in the year and now we have gone back to having a mediocre QB.

The fact Dak was playing at an elite level prior to the calf strain worries me the most. He's either still injured or he simply can't get something out of his head.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Old man knows this mistake is massive for him.
We can all see the cat and ya it's coming out of the bag.
Whatever options they have need to be utilized as we are going nowhere in the playoffs with Rayne's world of inept QB play....
What about your boy Elliot. Who would you trade him for

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Dak 2019, when they went on the skid:

Complete garbage mechanics that led to throwing behind Amari Cooper. All day to throw in the pocket, an easy read and he does this trash, not even setting guess feet. This is Dak all over again.

But it’s Moore’s fault…

The footwork???
OMG.....OMG....he can't even get that correct and he wants an accurately thrown ball???

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The fact Dak was playing at an elite level prior to the calf strain worries me the most. He's either still injured or he simply can't get something out of his head.

Im more worried about his decision making and lack of ability to read a defense.

Those have nothing to do with his calf.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

But why play him when he's still injured? Does this mean our trainers act negligently? Couldn't be worse with Cooper Rush atm, and our D can win the game vs the Giants. Sit Dak if he's injured. Play him if he's healthy. Pretty simple.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Im more worried about his decision making and lack of ability to read a defense.

Those have nothing to do with his calf.

You're not wrong, but I've seen the ball sailing too. That comes from mechanics. It's possible he's not trusting the calf/ankle to hold up and isn't getting everything on his passes.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak is a great QB when he plays like DAK PRESCOTT. When he tries to play like Peyton Manning to many things have to be perfect for this to work out . Basicly all the starters have to be healthy and it runs like a watch. Like early in the season

At this point in the Season with everyone banged up standing back there like a statue FLAT OUT AINT GETTIN IT !!! We Dont need tentative, holding the ball too long, Im afraid to run and get hurt Dak . We need the old before I got injured and Paid DAK back .

The one that tucked the ball away put the team on his back scored TDs and moved the chains with his legs Dak . Sheesh this isnt rocket science does anyone actually watch the games and see what has changed in his GAME!!

For people who like Stats and everyone else who is just looking for some perspective. Tom Brady The Ultimate Pocket Passer at 50 yrs old has 10 more rushing 1st downs than DAK and the same amount of rushing TDs this year .

Dak needs to recalculate his Risk vs Reward and start taking some calculated risks TO MOVE THE FREAKIN CHAINS and score TDs rather than FGs . This really is not that hard . We need the old Dak Back

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one is my "Boy" except my sons.
Dak rode Zeke till Zeke died.
Who the next Dak victim will be we shall find out soonest.....
You don’t think Zeke Rode dack. at all . I happen to think they need one another

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're not wrong, but I've seen the ball sailing too. That comes from mechanics. It's possible he's not trusting the calf/ankle to hold up and isn't getting everything on his passes.
Is decision making comes off of mobility. He’s even slide right to see if there was a defender there. That’s not Prescott

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is a great QB when he plays like DAK PRESCOTT. When he tries to play like Peyton Manning to many things have to be perfect for this to work out . Basicly all the starters have to be healthy and it runs like a watch. Like early in the season

At this point in the Season with everyone banged up standing back there like a statue FLAT OUT AINT GETTIN IT !!! We Dont need tentative, holding the ball too long, Im afraid to run and get hurt Dak . We need the old before I got injured and Paid DAK back .

The one that tucked the ball away put the team on his back scored TDs and moved the chains with his legs Dak . Sheesh this isnt rocket science does anyone actually watch the games and see what has changed in his GAME!!

For people who like Stats and everyone else who is just looking for some perspective. Tom Brady The Ultimate Pocket Passer at 50 yrs old has 10 more rushing 1st downs than DAK and the same amount of rushing TDs this year .

Dak needs to recalculate his Risk vs Reward and start taking some calculated risks TO MOVE THE FREAKIN CHAINS and score TDs rather than FGs . This really is not that hard . We need the old Dak Back
We need a running game. I think they can’t have consistency without both. But it truly starts with the line. They’re not blocking

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I asked a question 15 times but nobody wants to answer it. How come Martin can’t get down field to a second level block. Is it because he’s helping the center. Is it because the center is helping the left guard. How come there’s no running game to support the passing game. How come there’s no passing game to support the running game Siri what happened to the great Ezekiel Elliott. Yeah it’s all Prescott, I’m freaking believable

I don’t deny that Prescott needs others to carry him. He’s a system QB.

He’s a 40 million dollar player now. You don’t get to point the fingers and take all the cap money.

He’s paid to carry the team. Not ask why others aren’t doing it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
McCarthy knows Dak is in a slump.

the most important thing is. Can he help Dak pull out of it?

if Dak gets out of the slump. And our defense keeps playing like this. The cowboys can beat anyone.