Twitter: McCarthy: Dak is not in a slump

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t deny that Prescott needs others to carry him. He’s a system QB.

He’s a 40 million dollar player now. You don’t get to point the fingers and take all the cap money.

He’s paid to carry the team. Not ask why others aren’t doing it.
I don’t have an issue that he needs to be carried. There aren’t many quarterbacks that don’t. No he’s not paid to carry the team. He’s paid to do his job. Just like everybody else

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McCarthy knows Dak is in a slump.

the most important thing is. Can he help Dak pull out of it?

if Dak gets out of the slump. And our defense keeps playing like this. The cowboys can beat anyone.
That’s all I’m hoping for. About time we have a defense that can actually maybe do it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's not in a slump, he is what he's always been... a guy who can ONLY succeed when EVERYTHING around him is absolutely perfect.

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. You don’t like him we get it! While he was in the lineup last season he was playing behind a makeshift OL and was having an MVP year. He was on pace to throw for over 6000 yards. He was carrying our offense. Do you call the situation he was in last season perfect? We all saw what the team was like without him. What we’re seeing from him now we haven’t seen. He’s never had a stretch of games like this. Stop hating and open your eyes!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. You don’t like him we get it! While he was in the lineup last season he was playing behind a makeshift OL and was having an MVP year. He was on pace to throw for over 6000 yards. He was carrying our offense. We all saw what the team was like without him. What we’re seeing from him now we haven’t seen. He’s never had a stretch of games like this. Stop hating and open your eyes!
If I was to critique every aspect of this affects. The receivers are not breaking away from man
coverage. Zack Martin isn’t getting downfield he’s helping the center. The center is helping the left guard. Tight ends nonexistent in blocking. I don’t blame Zeke for not getting yards if there’s no holes. Prescott had a horrible game yesterday. It started two weeks ago. They need to sit him for two games. This offensive line in my opinion is where it starts the pits and it’s just not strong enough. That’s what I’m saying they’re getting pushed around.

khiladi

Reaction score
Im more worried about his decision making and lack of ability to read a defense.

Those have nothing to do with his calf.

This is what they were asking in 2019:

This idea that Dak never had this stretch of garbage play is completely bogus. But Garrett was his excuse then, even though he never called plays. Now the Dak-apologists are targeting Moore.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue that he needs to be carried. There aren’t many quarterbacks that don’t. No he’s not paid to carry the team. He’s paid to do his job. Just like everybody else

You couldn’t be more wrong.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You couldn’t be more wrong.
Well that’s a matter of opinion. They paid him for what he did. And what they expect him to do. They paid Elliot for what they expected him to do what he did. Because he held out. How do you not blame Elliot for what Prescott you’re blaming for

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is what they were asking in 2019:

This idea that Dak never had this stretch of garbage play is completely bogus. But Garrett was his excuse then, even though he never called plays. Now the Dak-apologists are targeting Moore.

I can’t believe you actually said that. And you talk about my integrity of quarterback critiquing. Lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know the comical thing. This idea something us not right with Dak, is completely belied by the fact Dallas moves the ball in hurry-up and your more bouncy on your feet.

To end the first half, the Cowboys started at the 10 and ended up at the Washington 19. Dak attempted 10 passes, one of them a sack. He had 1 scramble for 11 yards. Zeke only ran it 1 time. That’s an attempted 11-1 pass-run ratio, with one of them a scramble.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defenses have figured out how to stop Dak in this offense. Either they adapt or he will remain a below average QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well that’s a matter of opinion. They paid him for what he did. And what they expect him to do. They paid Elliot for what they expected him to do what he did. Because he held out. How do you not blame Elliot for what Prescott you’re blaming for

Have you not seen my Elliot opinions?

Ive been saying for over a year that I would play Pollard more.

Zeke’s contract is a huge problem but we can’t do anything about it and he’s injured.

Zeke looked good before the knee injury but now he’s a 1 legged RB.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We need a running game. I think they can’t have consistency without both. But it truly starts with the line. They’re not blocking

I agree with you brother and we have allotted much resources and money to having a top Oline but there are a couple problems at this point in the season . They are banged up and some may have been stupid enough to get suspended .

Unfortunately, the health of and talent of our Oline was probably as good as it was going to get at the start of that game . Dak needs to go through his reads fast and get the ball out quick or tuck it and run . Indecision on Daks part with Tyron out leads to a penalty fest of disaster that we have all had the horror of watching .

Dak has to assess the situation and put on the Cape like the old Dak and move the chains . just dont believe this Oline is going to get or look better especially as we face full strength quality defenses in the playoffs . We miss FredBeard badly in situations like this

Shane612

Reaction score
Well, his contract/salary suggest he's more than just and average QB.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you not seen my Elliot opinions?

Ive been saying for over a year that I would play Pollard more.

Zeke’s contract is a huge problem but we can’t do anything about it.
Just for the record. I don’t agree with you all the time. But at least you discuss football and have a real opinion. That’s respect. I don’t mind battling I appreciate. That we keep it to football. I can’t stand these clowns that your integrity is in jeopardy. Lol Even though I don’t agree with them there’s no respect for that reason

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Im more worried about his decision making and lack of ability to read a defense.

Those have nothing to do with his calf.
He was fine in that respect before the injury so I wouldn’t be so sure. Before the calf injury he was playing as well as any QB in the league. He butchered the vaunted New England defense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it doesn't matter if he is in a slump or not because nothing changes either way. There is only one way a batter gets out of a slump, keep swinging.

And from the play calling, the coaches are not treating him as if he's in a slump.

If he is in one, the good news it is now with a 3 game lead and 4 to play so he's got time to work his way out of this and regain his confidence, if it has been dampened.

Dak Prescott has been doing this long enough to know the magic words "Hey, I've done this before, I can do this again".