Twitter: McCarthy: Dak is not in a slump

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He sucked against San Diego and he had incredibly garbage half’s in multiple games. And like I said, you’ve got a track record that goes back multiple years.
Nobody wants to explain how come Zack Martin can’t get 10 yards downfield for a second level block. They don’t want to explain why has to help the center. Or why the center Hass to help the left guard. Just want to talk about how much Prescott sucks. It makes them happy

khiladi

Reaction score
Case in point, 2019:

https://insidethestar.com/slow-starts-and-sloppy-play-characterize-2019-dallas-cowboys/

In their loss to the New York Jets on Sunday the Dallas Cowboys fell to 3-3 and are in the midst of the worst three-game stretch since the woeful 2017 season when they were without Tyron Smith and Ezekiel Elliott. The game yesterday was another frustrating loss that while the score was close, the Cowboys realistically were out of that game at half-time. Another slow start in the 2019 season and several penalties got the Cowboys off on the wrong foot yet again.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/cowboys-offense-kellen-moore-jason-garrett-play-action

The last three weeks haven’t been so fun. Dallas has lost three in a row, including an embarrassing loss to a Jets team quarterbacked by a dude just coming back from a bout with mono. And that offense? It has devolved back into the anachronistic scheme that had Cowboys fans calling for Jason Garrett and former offensive coordinator Scott Linehan’s heads throughout the 2018 season.

Naturally, with Linehan gone and Moore having already been anointed as the next offensive genius, the blame has now been placed squarely on Garrett. The conspiracy theorists out there on Cowboys Twitter had it all figured out: Garrett had taken back control over the offense from Moore. That’s why the team was running the ball more and calling fewer play-action passes during the losing streak.

Now that Garrett is gone, Dak apologists are blaming Moore.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard yesterday that Cowboys receivers are something like 26th in the league in gaining separation.

Does not excuse Dak's play, but his receivers are not giving him open targets either
:muttley:
Put Hebert under center and see how our WR shine.......We are lucky one hasn't been injured due to Raynes off-target passes!
Jerry Jones is this you????

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Of course Dak is in a slump. Even Dak has expressed that. The guy is an honest, open book. Big Mike should dance around such stupid media questions or respond that everyone on offense needs to play better, including the QB, but it’s foolish to say he’s not in a slump. Even HOF QBs have had slumps….admit it and work on it.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what’s comical with the Dak-apologists. During our skid in 2019, the following happened:

While Dallas’ use of 11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs) dropped down by 10% over the last three games, its use of 12 personnel (1 RB, 2 TEs, 2 WRs) has jumped by 12%. As a result, 64% of the Cowboys’ runs from Week 4 on have come against defenses with seven or more men in the box, compared to 54% over the first three weeks.

Guess what though? The use of 12 personnel increased this whole season, meaning both Zeke abd Pollard were killing it from the 12 formation this year.

So how many excuses you going to keep making gif Dak just sucking?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since Dak returned from his calf injury his yards, completion percentage and passer ratings are down. His decision making hasn’t been good and I’m starting to wonder if he’s lost some confidence. He’s clearly not the same player he was the first 7 games of the season. It’s puzzling as to what’s gone wrong with him.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
"Look, Dak has to play better. He'll be the first one to tell you. I know what he can do and what he's capable of and we're going get back there really soon."

Easy.

And that would make you feel better? Why? What would that change?

I don't need an honest coach on PCs. He owes us nothing. I need a f***in drill sergeant and sports psychologist in one person at the helm. If he figures that out and brings the offense back online I couldn't care less about his PCs I don't even watch anyway. If he can't figure it out, whatever has been said in public wouldn't make any difference either. Fire him, next.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t remember the last time there was a clean pocket for Prescott to step up into. No he’s moving left right forwards and backwards

Cause he's got panic dancing feet and poor pocket awareness just some in a long list of short-comings!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not blaming anyone but Prescott himself. But I’m not saying he suck either. Fusion underlined issue here. None of us know what it is So instead of being a negative Nancy try to discuss real football. I’ve been trying to get an answer but no one wants to answer it.

khiladi

Reaction score
He did not play well at all yesterday. I’ve always said his worst throw was over the linebacker before the safety touch pass. He’s worked on that and it’s been much better. Yesterday was horrible. He’s not setting his plant foot. It doesn’t suck though. I haven’t seen a quarterback in the league have a great game like he has. Patrick Maholm sucked even worse in the beginning of the season. It just happens. That doesn’t mean he’s. The worst quarterback in the world now.

Mahomes has a track record of multiple SB appearances and an AFC conference championship games. He’s entitled to a bad stretch of play, when he’s been elite. If dak had that, we wouldn’t care. On the other hand, Dak-stans pretend like he’s elite like Mahones, based on one stretch of play when everything around him was perfect, with multiple stretches of horrible play.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since Dak returned from his calf injury his yards, completion percentage and passer ratings are down. His decision making hasn’t been good and I’m starting to wonder if he’s lost some confidence. He’s clearly not the same player he was the first 7 games of the season. It’s puzzling as to what’s gone wrong with him. I’ve never seen him look this out of sync for this many games.
I’m trying to understand why Zack Martin can’t get to a second level block. I’ve seen him help the center. And then I’ve seen the center help the left guard. If we can’t have a running game, we can’t have a passing game. And vice versa. But everybody wants to blame Prescott the quarterback who else

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahomes has a track record of multiple SB appearances and an AFC conference championship games. He’s entitled to a bad stretch of play, when he’s been elite. If dak had that, we wouldn’t care. On the other hand, Dak-stans pretend like he’s elite like Mahones, based on one stretch of play when everything around him was perfect, with multiple stretches of horrible play.
He has a track record of being Mr. Hail Mary. Most overrated quarterback ever in life So you can suck but if you have a ring it’s OK. LMAO

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
And that would make you feel better? Why? What would that change?

I don't need an honest coach on PCs. He owes us nothing. I need a f***in drill sergeant and sports psychologist in one person at the helm. If he figures that out and brings the offense back online I couldn't care less about his PCs I don't even watch anyway. If he can't figure it out, whatever has been said in public wouldn't make any difference either.

It may, it may not. It's how I would play it, though hoping it would push Dak a little and be good for his psyche. I've seen Dak play when he has something to prove and it's beautiful. Also shows the rest of the team everyone is accountable.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You wouldn’t care if Prescott had a bad game or a few. As long as he had a ring some point in time. Even though he would never get back to another Super Bowl. No I don’t give you the one that pass

khiladi

Reaction score
Just a couple weeks back. We literally had Dak-stans on this forum trying to say he was better than Herbert.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m sitting Prescott for the next two weeks. I’m looking for a new offensive line coach. No I’m not changing now but I’m looking. I don’t care who has the play left guard but I’m changing it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just a couple weeks back. We literally had Dak-stans on this forum trying to say he was better than Herbert.
That’s the life of a quarterback I guess. I know his issues and I know his strengths. He’s not playing anywhere near where he can. Whatever the reason. Four games left I truly believe we get back on track

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Four weeks ago everybody had Hubert in the Hall of Fame. He’ll suck again to.