Twitter: McCarthy: Dak is not in a slump

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2CJD.gif

The first of many....

khiladi

Reaction score
He has a track record of being Mr. Hail Mary. Most overrated quarterback ever in life So you can suck but if you have a ring it’s OK. LMAO

A Dak-Stan saying Mahomes is over-rates and basically a “Hail Mary” QB, while throwing 50 TDs in his first year as a true starter.

You have zero credibility on QB play…

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m trying to understand why Zack Martin can’t get to a second level block. I’ve seen him help the center. And then I’ve seen the center help the left guard. If we can’t have a running game, we can’t have a passing game. And vice versa. But everybody wants to blame Prescott the quarterback who else

It hasn’t just been Dak but he’s a big part of the problem. He’s making some poor decisions and poor throws. He doesn’t appear to be seeing the field very well. The pick-six he threw late in the game was so uncharacteristic of him. He’s in a real funk right now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Four weeks ago everybody had Hubert in the Hall of Fame. He’ll suck again to.

Herbert is the very definition of ELITE and if anybody says otherwise, they are completely clueless to QB play. But then again, people calling Dak elite are clueless to QB play anyways…

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why, this for games left. You’ve never seen a professional get out of a slump before Why are some people so tunnel vision And you are usually pretty consistent. I didn’t expect us
Coach said it's no slump, so by his words this version of Dak is the standard. I'm going off what he said. I hope it's a slump.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A Dak-Stan saying Mahomes is over-rates and basically a “Hail Mary” QB, while throwing 50 TDs in his first year as a true starter.

You have zero credibility on QB play…
I just have an issue with Patrick Mahomes. Yes he’s a good quarterback. But I truly believe he’s overrated. I’m going with Terry Bradshaw. If he doesn’t throw that Hail Mary in San Francisco keeps running the ball they lose that game

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McC's boss already said it's route running. The receivers are not running where the DB's are because that's where the ball is going.:cool:

C'mon Mike, he is off and has been since he came back from the calf. He cannot move to the right and deliver the ball in a consistent fashion.

However, the offense is the one in a slump. RB1 has not been 100%, RB2 was out and the fact is they have been <average picking OL outside the 1st round. Biadasz, McGovern and Williams are JAG's at best and at times none of the 3 are that good.

The C got his lardbutt pushed back so fast and hard yesterday he stepped on his QB's foot and almost had a TO. He will eventually cause a TO because he struggles with the first requirement of the position, get the ball to the QB without him having to make a replay catch or climb the ladder. Why is this guy not out getting drilled on that one thing every waking moment at practice? Have they explained to him the real value of the shotgun snap? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

The Cowboys want to run the ball and they'd like to do that up the gut, unfortunately, the C, LG are the weak links and the LT is undependable. Teams do not even have to stack the box to stop the run, especially with the RB1 not even close to himself. And they can't take him out because they do not have any other RB's that can pick up rushers as well as he can and with this OL, that's damned important.

At one time, pre the ankle and the calf, the QB could get outside the pocket or take off but he is obviously not 100% and the brain trust is up to their usual of letting the fans and media assume it is a denigration of talent, as they did with Emmitt, instead of what it is, less than 100% healthy and it is affecting his play.

A less than 100% Prescott is better than an 100% Rush, especially when the run game is banged up and the OL completely inconsistent.

The fact is Prescott is in a slump along with the offense and we're going to have to live with this but at least there's that defense to help balance this out. I said early on and have said repeatedly, they only go as far as the offense can take them but that has shifted very recently.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Herbert is the very definition of ELITE and if anybody says otherwise, they are completely clueless to QB play. But then again, people calling Dak elite are clueless to QB play anyways…
If they say anything else about Prescott. It’s the same no integrity. And they shouldn’t even be responding I don’t even like using the word elite. But Prescott is not that. And Hubert is not a Hall of Fame quarterback

khiladi

Reaction score
I just have an issue with Patrick Mahomes. Yes he’s a good quarterback. But I truly believe he’s overrated. I’m going with Terry Bradshaw. If he doesn’t throw that Hail Mary in San Francisco keeps running the ball they lose that game

So what? If it weren’t for Mahomes doing what was never done before, leading his team back in each playoff game when down at the half, they don’t even get there. His team owed him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So what? If it weren’t for Mahomes doing what was never done before, leading his team back in each playoff game when down at the half, they don’t even get there. His team owed him.
Because the wide receiver hill got screwed. He should’ve been the MVP. Mahomes throws up a ball and he’ll have to run 30 yards sideways to go find it. In fact he ran backwards the wrong direction to catch up to it.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Must be tough in a Hater's world........you got one of those Hater monitors I bet?:muttley:

I have learned over time that when someone does not bring a lucid argument to the venue or a genuine response that Is not in line with theirs; they result to the (young man's/women's) thought process and call that person a hater/or haters.

It's very easy to reply to an argument. Just ensure you know the essential arguments you want to make. Examine the facts you need to convince to your opponent by keeping it clear and don't rush. Any choice words of Sarcasm, and you've lost the debate before it began. A fairly simple thing to do, if you ask me.

Just food for thought young blood!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
McCarthy is just defending his quarterback's play and underneath it all knows he's in a slump.

This is 100 percent coach-speak. I can't believe that's lost on so many.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There’s three quarterbacks I would take before him in this league maybe four.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Imagine judging Dak the same way you judge guys like Mahomes and Herbert.

I’d love to see your opinion of Dak if he had on a Bears helmet.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guarantee you, Jerry Jones would swap Herbert for Dak straight up. Even Tad Prescott would blame Jerry on Twitter if he didn’t do it.

The Old man knows this mistake is massive for him.
We can all see the cat and ya it's coming out of the bag.
Whatever options they have need to be utilized as we are going nowhere in the playoffs with Rayne's world of inept QB play....

khiladi

Reaction score
This is Dak 2019, when they went on the skid:

Complete garbage mechanics that led to throwing behind Amari Cooper. All day to throw in the pocket, an easy read and he does this trash, not even setting guess feet. This is Dak all over again.

But it’s Moore’s fault…

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine judging Dak the same way you judge guys like Mahomes and Herbert.

I’d love to see your opinion of Dak if he had on a Bears helmet.
I already said That about Prescott today. So. He can’t throw over the linebacker before the safety. He can’t touch pass. Lately. He doesn’t throw up Hail Mary he throws dimes. That’s his best throw deep ball. So don’t make a sound like I don’t give him a hard time