McCarthy has a new lease on the season

bewp7

Reaction score
I do not sense any changes with Dak gone and Dalton in.

The problems has not been offense.

It's defense.

How do you fix that with so many injuries?

We just lost Hill for who knows how long.

u have to out scheme and out smart. mike nolan cant do that he cant even get his players on the same page let alone out smarting the other guys. how many time did tony call the cowboys out for that yesterday!

Gaede

Reaction score
Has there ever been a head coach fired midseason who then went to coach for another team in the season?

I'd love to have Quinn in here and jettison Nolan, but that never happens right? He'll probably sit the season out, collect his paycheck, then go somewhere else in the offseason.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
u have to out scheme and out smart. mike nolan cant do that he cant even get his players on the same page let alone out smarting the other guys. how many time did tony call the cowboys out for that yesterday!
Yeah Romo was jabbering a lot.

But Romo is not the authority.

Neither is Aikman.

They just report.

I am not sure how much those guys really know about what the issues really are.

McCarthy has been repeatedly secretive about internal goings on with his team.

So while I hear the talk..not sure whether anybody really has an inside perspective.

We watch and we chat.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Has there ever been a head coach fired midseason who then went to coach for another team in the season?

I'd love to have Quinn in here and jettison Nolan, but that never happens right? He'll probably sit the season out, collect his paycheck, then go somewhere else in the offseason.
I think it comes down to money.

If you fired the guy..

you have to immediately write the check.

Most teams will not do that. It could amount to several millions you are forfeiting.

They will wait and get their money's worth.

And the image of doing it during a season has bad optics.

Who wants to coach for you if what you may have to contend with is some Crazy Ivan firing?

There is no cut and dried rule.

:cool: