McCarthy is better than people giving him credit for

D4KADON

Reaction score
The Stat saying he went to the playoffs in 9 of his 13 years there is not correct at all! 2 of those 13 Rodgers missed almost half the season

bottomline: When McCarthy has his qb upright, he made the playoffs 9 out of 11 times. That’s pretty darn good

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'm firmly in the camp that JG was a terrible coach. His insistence on simplicity and lack of gameplanning/adjustments was mind blowing. Sure, the execution is important but its just part of it.

If MM is just an average coach, it will be a big upgrade. A good coach would be nearly incomprehensible to the fans who are new to the Cowboys and have only seen JG.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm firmly in the camp that JG was a terrible coach. His insistence on simplicity and lack of gameplanning/adjustments was mind blowing. Sure, the execution is important but its just part of it.

If MM is just an average coach, it will be a big upgrade. A good coach would be nearly incomprehensible to the fans who are new to the Cowboys and have only seen JG.

Although we think alike, I'm not sure it's takes a rocket scientist to surmise that Garrett was an absolute under achieving horrible head coach. The only good quality that Garrett had was his kind personality. Even his intelligence was wasted because of his foolish pride. The whole time the guy was our head coach he was busy trying to prove he belonged and that he was the smartest guy in the room. He was the prime example of all talk no game.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The Stat saying he went to the playoffs in 9 of his 13 years there is not correct at all! 2 of those 13 Rodgers missed almost half the season

bottomline: When McCarthy has his qb upright, he made the playoffs 9 out of 11 times. That’s pretty darn good
I'm just thankful we have somebody that can make in game adjustments.....other than stop doing what is working.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

What he said :clap:

aria

Reaction score

Make that HOF QB, one of the best to ever play the game. Let’s see him work his magic with Dak and I’ll be much more impressed.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ok im tired of this, im not going to compare GB MM to DC MM. things are going to be different. the end.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I agree, I thought he hadn’t won more than 10 games in 8 years...

Turns out he won more than 10 games as little as 6 years ago. Totally turned me around.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM has been hearing and seeing this nonsense about him riding the coat tails of Rodgers and he's been dissed for over a year. The guy has pride in his ability to win and lead men. This guy means business and if you have any doubt in what I say, look at the lightning speed in which he has cleaned house in Dallas and brought in his own staff. THATS A MAN ON A MISSION AND A PLAN.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its a hard sell if someone wants to tell me lafleur is a better HC than MM. I just aint buying that. Lets see what each guy does in the coming years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although we think alike, I'm not sure it's takes a rocket scientist to surmise that Garrett was an absolute under achieving horrible head coach. The only good quality that Garrett had was his kind personality. Even his intelligence was wasted because of his foolish pride. The whole time the guy was our head coach he was busy trying to prove he belonged and that he was the smartest guy in the room. He was the prime example of all talk no game.

His genius was making slogans for t-shirts. :muttley:
Princeton the t-shirt 101 course is a must for all future graduates. :lmao:

Rayman70

Reaction score
if he wants to sell tshirts..have at it...just don't perform like a JAG and then try to tell us how great you are afterwards and expect us to buy your merch lol.. people are smarter than that. BTW QUICK EDIT...I am talkin about dlaw….carryon lol