Twitter: McCarthy is off to a damn good job assembling coaching staff

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
LOVE Tomsula. Aside from the fact that he was clowned over and over by LeBatard and Stugotz, hes a damn good DL coach. I like the looks of this entire McCarthy thing, it appears to be a good move as of now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't really have one.....in fact I knew nothing about Nolan either but DC was a dire need.

He’s been bounced around in recent years after getting fired as HC of Whiners. Most recently a LB’s coach. I’d of preferred Haslet as DC and Nolan as LB coach.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
You didn't say because of results. You said because people didn't like him. Thought that was odd.
No, I asked a question if that is why. Never claimed this is why. How would I know why he holds a job for 2 or 3 years at any time?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of coaching hires are paybacks.

The main plus is that McCarthy should know what he brings to the table and allow his offense to play off the defense.

In the past under Garrett, it always looked like each unit was doing its own thing without regards to that sort of syngergy.
It was a disparate collection of parts that never had a chance to be a functional successful team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I asked a question if that is why. Never claimed this is why. How would I know why he holds a job for 2 or 3 years at any time?

Yes, but you suggested it might be because people didn't like him.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Frankly I just have to cross my fingers on Mike Nolan. Its a wait and see with him and his crew.
and it's gonna be a replacement and adjustment period with this defense, imo. And jerry is gonna want quick results, not a down the road and rebuilding formula.

I had bigger expectations for Marvin Lewis than Nolan, because of his tendency with the 4-3 scheme and his past successful background as an outstanding DC in his Baltimore days.
Nolan had his share of success as a DC with Ravens too. but it was also somewhat mirky with ATL and I prefer the 4-3 scheme over the 3-4 scheme.
but McCarthy is gonna want to go with a guy he is more familiar with.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know there are still a number of positions to fill but... I haven't felt this enthused about a coaching staff since the Parcel's era.

:flagwave:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yes, you suggested it might be because people didn't like him.
I hope you are capable of reading a sentence with a ? after and realize it is a question? But if you interpret a question mark as a suggestion than that is on you. I can't help you further.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Nolan is my main concern...........I'm trying to figure out if he was the best option or merely a pay back hire.
Yeah, I’m not to excited about Nolan, but hopefully he will be a pleasant surprise.

He does like to bring the pressure and his defenses have been known for getting turnovers!! Hope his defense is creative and not predictable and able to make adjustments during the game. These would be huge improvements over the Marinelli/Richard defense.

Proof

Reaction score
PLEASE... there are always ouitliers. Billy Boy has what is considered the GREATEST QB of all time , no? Lets see how he does moving forward.

Saban?? nbahahahahhahahahahahahah. The guy has a talent advantage in 95% of the games he coaches in because he can RECRUIT. he has no cap issues. how did Saban do in the NFL?
If you replaced NFL level coaches with HS uys.... yeah, it would be huge. But changing NFL guys with other NFL guys doesnt mean much to me. i think all of those guys know their stuff.

Throw out Billy boy, and dont talk to me about college coaches... thats apples and oranges, then start talking to me about all the GREAT coaches in the NFL... they will all have something in common.

I mean it's kinda how Wade wasn't a particularly great hc, but went back to being DC and was back to being tremendous. McDaniels, flamed out as coach, went back to being a great OC. Countless examples. Sometimes it aligns, but performance as HC rarely indicates performance back at coordinator or assistant

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
On paper it looks good. Certainly better than what we had last year and beyond.
On Paper, on toilet paper, I don't care at this point, this is all a clean wipe at this point.. lol..
Jerry might have woke up finally, and Im not being non sensitive here, but maybe Jerry finally realizes that at his age, he needs to let some more intellectual football people finally start making some decisions that equate to winning in todays NFL, Jerry has entered his senior years, and now he is letting better qualified candidates take care of the decisions.
Damn, it took this long, but whatever, I really like this staff, its one of the best assembled when I look at our competition. and what they and the rest of the league is doing.
This Cowboys team is putting together a really good staff... dismiss the last decade...hard to do, but do it anyways,,, your all hard core Cowboys fans if your reading this thread,
and you already accepted ineptitude.. guess what my Cowboys brothers and sisters, Jerry finally gave up, and is giving a real coach the ability to have control.
This is a really good, great thing that we all are witnessing right now brothers and sisters and step children... This team will get dramatically better now.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly I just have to cross my fingers on Mike Nolan. Its a wait and see with him and his crew.
and it's gonna be a replacement and adjustment period with this defense, imo. And jerry is gonna want quick results, not a down the road and rebuilding formula.

I had bigger expectations for Marvin Lewis than Nolan, because of his tendency with the 4-3 scheme and his past successful background as an outstanding DC in his Baltimore days.
Nolan had his share of success as a DC with Ravens too. but it was also somewhat mirky with ATL and I prefer the 4-3 scheme over the 3-4 scheme.
but McCarthy is gonna want to go with a guy he is more familiar with.
Some talking heads are saying he runs a hybrid. I prefer 4-3. I saw the Cowboys run hybrid sets and struggle at times. Over run the zones, not fast in coverage, etc. Gotta have fast LBs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope you are capable of reading a sentence with a ? after and realize it is a question? But if you interpret a question mark as a suggestion than that is on you. I can't help you further.

The thought itself that you might even think its because of that is what is strange. If you don't understand lets just move on. You seem both sensitive and strange. LOL

garyo1954

Reaction score
Big Mc didn't come to play with the rodeo clowns in the front office!