Twitter: McCarthy is off to a damn good job assembling coaching staff

quickccc

Reaction score
I thought Rams defensive players gave up on Wade .. or didn't respond well to Wade.
En route to the lapse and fall out that led to his firing. And rams put way too much money and draft picks for him to have a failing defense.

Plus it doesn't speak well for wade I'd Marcus Peters was a disaster in his coverage scheme but rebound wonderfully in Baltimore upon trade.

johneric8

Reaction score
Heck yeah he is!! Stomping a mud hole in what Garrett was able to get done.

ms.jpg

Lutonio

Reaction score
Fassell is a quantum leap better than the turds they had. STs became an after thought in Dallas the last couple years.

I just want these coaches to discipline these players and make them accountable.

The ongoing condition of special teams in Dallas was enough of an argument for Garrett to he fired.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
in my best John McEnroe voice...... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS? He sent Favre packing.......bahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha. And the colts sent Manning packing...ONLY because they both had a HOF QB waiting to take over.
Neither team had a HOF QB waiting to take over. Rogers was an unproved QB when he took over. Luck (who won't be a HOF, btw) wasn't on Indy's roster when Manning was done.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
The Nolan and tomsulsa hires also have me intrigued.

Washington has been pretty stout in the middle and I hope we get someone like their bama boys.

The scheme change excites me.

The stale voices in the room, the nicknames, the body type specific characteristic's we look for. The loyalties to players you've coached for 10 years.

A lot to look forward to this season imo.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean it's kinda how Wade wasn't a particularly great hc, but went back to being DC and was back to being tremendous. McDaniels, flamed out as coach, went back to being a great OC. Countless examples. Sometimes it aligns, but performance as HC rarely indicates performance back at coordinator or assistant
How many OC has the Pats been through during Brady's tenure. Did any of them make any significant difference? Please dont talk to me about the one 18-0 season they happened to have the great Moss on their team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Neither team had a HOF QB waiting to take over. Rogers was an unproved QB when he took over. Luck (who won't be a HOF, btw) wasn't on Indy's roster when Manning was done.
lol.... you are kidding right? The packers had Rodgers in practice for at least 2 full seasons. They knew they were ready to move on. They didnt draft Rodgers in the first rd to let him sit forever.
Andrew Luck was one of the greatest QB prospects coming out of college in over 20 years. Manning was let go because the Colts had the number 1 pick and knew it was going to be Luck. Had Luck not retired hed be definitely going to the HOF. lets be real in our discussions.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Good job ........we are already a better team IMO

I mean, you can spin things anyway you want. McCarthy pass first could mean we don't establish Zeke, which would upset people. Up tempo means you hurry off the field. Nolan's defense get takeaways and Tomsula's get more sacks but what's the downside? You rarely get something for free. I'll give you Fassel.

The bottom line is this; fans subscribe to the idea that anything different must be better. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. But most of what is described is just a different philosophy. And for the most part, every philosophy has pluses and minuses. The real wildcard is the players. Better players make the difference.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mean, you can spin things anyway you want. McCarthy pass first could mean we don't establish Zeke, which would upset people. Up tempo means you hurry off the field. Nolan's defense get takeaways and Tomsula's get more sacks but what's the downside? You rarely get something for free. I'll give you Fassel.

The bottom line is this; fans subscribe to the idea that anything different must be better. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't. But most of what is described is just a different philosophy. And for the most part, every philosophy has pluses and minuses. The real wildcard is the players. Better players make the difference.

We're at the point where absolute failure is better then sustained mediocrity so anything is better.

At least if this thing completely implodes we can start drafting top 5 and get some elite prospects in here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Good job ........we are already a better team IMO

If this board had better search functionality, I could pull out numerous posts that were really excited about Monte Kiffin's hiring ... particularly when we landed Rod Marinelli to come with him.

Going back further, there was a large contingent of people who coined the term GROZ during Parcell's last 2-3 years. GROZ stood for Get Rid of Zimmer.

What does this history tell us?

Time the breaks on evaluating assistants.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
lol.... you are kidding right? The packers had Rodgers in practice for at least 2 full seasons. They knew they were ready to move on. They didnt draft Rodgers in the first rd to let him sit forever.
Andrew Luck was one of the greatest QB prospects coming out of college in over 20 years. Manning was let go because the Colts had the number 1 pick and knew it was going to be Luck. Had Luck not retired hed be definitely going to the HOF. lets be real in our discussions.

This is true.