McCarthy is on the tank wagon!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great so we will have a better shot to take those players then 27 other teams in every round. Simple math.
No you won't because you know what you are going to do? You are going to take the shiney new toy like Mo Claiborne because he fits a "need". And you are going to miss out on the Darius Leonard's and the TJ Watt's because you went for need as opposed to BPA......just look at how those teams are drafting in the top 5. They are reaching for needs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No you won't because you know what you are going to do? You are going to take the shiney new toy like Mo Claiborne because he fits a "need". And you are going to miss out on the Darius Leonard's and the TJ Watt's because you went for need as opposed to BPA......just look at how those teams are drafting in the top 5. They are reaching for needs.

Talk about a loser mentality? Lol

Waaaaaaa......I don’t want a top 5 pick because they will screw it up......waaaaa!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Talk about a loser mentality? Lol

Waaaaaaa......I don’t want a top 5 pick because they will screw it up......waaaaa!
If that's what your reading comprehension lead you to then so be it. That was not my point and I'd like to think you knew that and you're just playing silly right now. My point is, it doesn't matter where you pick you still need to pick the right player. Which is why the Cowboys have done relatively well in the 1st round these past 10 years as opposed to the top 10 picks they've taken in that same span.

lockster

Reaction score
Yeah, he doesnt even clap for those losers coming off the field. Clapper seems to have been better than yapper. Mike needs to go work for QVC. He could sell reading glasses to the blind!
Seriously. How could any reasonable employer keep employing someone who performs like this?

He doesn't call plays. He hired Nolan. What does he do here except make game-breaking decisions?

This guy is a billion times worse than Garrett. Just not even close.
Sent even have

Cmac

Reaction score
McCarthy calling the fake punt, the single worst call in history (regular season) a "good call" really says all you need to know.
That may be the defining moment he truly hung himself out to dry.....inexcusable. He and the ST coach should be gone at year's end. Fire all of them, including the OC, who is safe for some odd reason.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He has evaluated the roster and sees how much has to be improved. He is just following the logic.

chagus

Reaction score
He lost this game today, I don't need to explain why, you saw the game. He needs to fess up and take full blame for this loss or he will LOSE his players. If he hasn't already!!! Very disappointed! He shows zero trust in his players by going for it deep in his own territory, twice!!! We were in the game and he didn't have his teams back!
We lost our two starting tackles.... again. And that's the head coaches fault?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
leonard-mccoy-291054-normal.jpg

Hehe, I like your avatar! Well done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
McCarthy calling the fake punt, the single worst call in history (regular season) a "good call" really says all you need to know.

I think the Colts fake punt several years was much worse, but that turned out, according to Pat McAfee, to be partly from a miscommunication.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He lost this game today, I don't need to explain why, you saw the game. He needs to fess up and take full blame for this loss or he will LOSE his players. If he hasn't already!!! Very disappointed! He shows zero trust in his players by going for it deep in his own territory, twice!!! We were in the game and he didn't have his teams back!
This is the only wagon McCarthy should be on.....
tenor.gif

MMObserver

Reaction score
That may be the defining moment he truly hung himself out to dry.....inexcusable. He and the ST coach should be gone at year's end.

For Cowboy fans interested in Big Mac's history when it comes to Special Teams, below are a couple of articles describing how his STs fared up in Green Bay under coordinators Ron Zook ...

"The Packers struggled on special teams all season, from an ineffective return game to a bevy of penalties to inconsistent coverage units. Green Bay finished with the second-most special teams penalties in the league, forced just one fumble (while committing 10 themselves), allowed a host of long returns and got next to nothing out of their own return game."

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/foot...cle_0cb6df43-ade0-5d41-8708-9ce0c13c6220.html

and Shawn Slocum ...

"Two weeks after two of the most crushing special teams plays in Green Bay Packers postseason history (2014 NFC Championship game loss to Seattle), a change has been made. On Friday, special teams coordinator Shawn Slocum was fired by head coach Mike McCarthy.

While not a surprising move considering the Packers' collapse on special teams, Slocum had worked with McCarthy for several years. The two initially became friends as co-workers at the University of Pittsburgh in 1990. Slocum then was McCarthy's assistant special teams coach from 2006-'09, before taking over as the coordinator the next six years.

The 2014 season was, by far, Slocum's worst in Green Bay. His units ranked last in The Dallas Morning News' annual special teams rankings, as problems polluted all units. Green Bay had seven blocked kicks, including five over the final seven regular-season games
."

http://archive.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/290373671.html

For those paying attention Big Mac's coaching history, poor play by his STs in 2020 comes as no surprise - Rick Gosselin consistently had Big Mac's GB squads near the bottom of his annual rankings.

Perhaps the STs shortcomings are a bit more noticeable this season because Big Mac does not have a QB like Favre, or Rodgers, or Dak to overcome them?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Let me examine your competitive view. It's absolutely wrong for fans to pull for tanking but teams are actually tanking?

Cmac

Reaction score
For Cowboy fans interested in Big Mac's history when it comes to Special Teams, below are a couple of articles describing how his STs fared up in Green Bay under coordinators Ron Zook ...

"The Packers struggled on special teams all season, from an ineffective return game to a bevy of penalties to inconsistent coverage units. Green Bay finished with the second-most special teams penalties in the league, forced just one fumble (while committing 10 themselves), allowed a host of long returns and got next to nothing out of their own return game."

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/foot...cle_0cb6df43-ade0-5d41-8708-9ce0c13c6220.html

and Shawn Slocum ...

"Two weeks after two of the most crushing special teams plays in Green Bay Packers postseason history (2014 NFC Championship game loss to Seattle), a change has been made. On Friday, special teams coordinator Shawn Slocum was fired by head coach Mike McCarthy.

While not a surprising move considering the Packers' collapse on special teams, Slocum had worked with McCarthy for several years. The two initially became friends as co-workers at the University of Pittsburgh in 1990. Slocum then was McCarthy's assistant special teams coach from 2006-'09, before taking over as the coordinator the next six years.

The 2014 season was, by far, Slocum's worst in Green Bay. His units ranked last in The Dallas Morning News' annual special teams rankings, as problems polluted all units. Green Bay had seven blocked kicks, including five over the final seven regular-season games
."

http://archive.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/290373671.html

For those paying attention Big Mac's coaching history, poor play by his STs in 2020 comes as no surprise - Rick Gosselin consistently had Big Mac's GB squads near the bottom of his annual rankings.
Ok....I would surmise McCarthy better do something soon.....because he is getting all kinds of help to get him out of here.
Perhaps the STs shortcomings are a bit more noticeable this season because Big Mac does not have a QB like Favre, or Rodgers, or Dak to overcome them?

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
This wasn't the first game McCartney has made very poor decisions. The Rams game comes to mind as well...just dumb calls that take us out of competitive ball games.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We lost our two starting tackles.... again. And that's the head coaches fault?
His bad calls lost the game. What didn't you understand? You want me to say it a little slower for you?