McCarthy is on the tank wagon!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me examine your competitive view. It's absolutely wrong for fans to pull for tanking but teams are actually tanking?
Pull your head out! Read the post! You know what, don't bother....you wouldn't understand anyway.

chagus

Reaction score
His bad calls lost the game. What didn't you understand? You want me to say it a little slower for you?
No need. We got our ***** kicked. Injuries are the MAIN reason for that. I guess the defense busting thru the oline is MMs fault too. But, taking a chance on fake punt was the nail in the coffin. Sure, dude.

Look, we can argue who and why all night.... fact of the matter is this SEASON IS OVER. Deal with it. This sucks. I know! Im a fan too.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe... but if you ask me, once Martin went down.... so did all morale. There was NO CHANCE.
I get it, but those 2 calls are hard for me to swallow. Are the Rattlers and Gators playing this year. I haven't heard anything out of RGC

waving monkey

Reaction score
Pull your head out! Read the post! You know what, don't bother....you wouldn't understand anyway.
I think your right about OP Ranch I'm just eager to make a point that wasnt relevant to your OP. my bad. I was going off your title

chagus

Reaction score
I get it, but those 2 calls are hard for me to swallow. Are the Rattlers and Gators playing this year. I haven't heard anything out of RGC
The Rattles just played earlier this evening. I believe they lost.

And yeah, I know man... its tough to swallow on top of everything else going wrong. This season is the epitome of 2020. Very forgetful and we hope it never happens again.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They are, but he took away any chance we had with those bonehead calls. He demoralized the team and gave Washington free points.

I'm with you 100% on that. There's no excuse for making bone-headed decisions like that. Nobody with an ounce of sense goes for a 4th and 1, deep in their own territory vs. a team like Washington that has a stifling defense like theirs does. I could see it well past midfield but not like that. To make it even worse, MM failed 3 out of 4 times doing exactly that. ;)

Last edited:

chagus

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not coaching this year, its been a nightmare. My old school, Rio Hondo didn't even have a season. Unbelievable. Salud, brother.

No, pos ta carbon. Que le pelas?

Salud to you and your famila as well homie.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I never would have dreamed for Jason Garrett’s coaching decisions, but here we are.
Jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan is NOT the answer. Neither is jumping back into the fire.
Jason Garrett was bad news or we wouldn't have left him behind. You don't get better by going in reverse.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks McCarthy didn’t go out to win against Washington with first place in the NFC East on the line and is looking to tank the rest of the season is extremely naïve. The Joneses aren’t going to be real patient with him he was brought in to win now. He’ll be given a pass this year due to no offseason and all the injuries but if he doesn’t start winning next year he could be done after two seasons. His seat is going to start feeling pretty hot heading into 2021 if we finish in the basement of one of the worst divisions in years. He’s trying to finish out this season with at least a few arrows pointing up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most of the bad decisions McCarthy has made has been due to his lack of confidence in our defense. The fake punt deep in our end was prompted by our defenses inability to stop Washington. In the second half our defense started looking like it did the first half of the season. McCarthy saw that we were getting gashed and knew that with Dalton as his QB there’s little chance of overcoming a two score or more deficit with him. I said a week ago that if we get down by more than a touchdown with Dalton we’re pretty much done. We’ve been thrashed in three games with him as the starter, twice against Washington and once against Arizona. He didn’t play a terrible game on Thursday but he needs a running game and at least a respectable defense to be successful.

He’s a bus driver! Our offensive production and points have plummeted since Dak was injured. We went from the most productive offense in the league that was averaging almost 33 points a game to an average offense. The offense no longer revolves around Zeke. He’s been reduced to a 4 to 10 yard push the pile back. He has no juice! On third and one we went to Pollard. On fourth and inches we threw the ball. Between all Zeke’s fumbles and how he’s being used it makes you wonder about his future after this season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see something go down with him during the offseason unless It would affect our cap negatively. Never thought I would say this but I wouldn’t be opposed to moving on from him if it would save us money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy is on the verge of suffering his third straight losing season dating back to his final two seasons in Green Bay. The Joneses can keep bringing up that he won a Super Bowl 10 years ago but that’s not going to fly with them much longer if we don’t start progressing and winning next season. What McCarthy did 10 years ago is becoming a distant memory. It’s what have you done lately that’s going to determine his future with the Cowboys.