Twitter: McCarthy on Damone Clark: He's been a stud

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes I did. Complete stud. Can do it all. A physical freak. I haven't seen that yet in Dallas but I'm hoping it's coming. He's basically in training camp right now.
Are you being serious or sarcastic? Sometimes I can't tell. If you're being serious I hope his training camp ends and the physical freak that can do it all comes out in the playoffs. Your description of him on our defense will be scary.

plymkr

Reaction score
It's RisenStew. The only dish he serves.

Don't try to parse the 'meat' from what other strange things you might find on the plate. No way to tell what is what.

Some folks actually swallow it down.
Lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m high on Clark’s potential, but I cant remember a Cowboys rookie ever being crowned before they actually made an impact.

It’s wild how much love he gets for someone with less than 100 snaps.
The last two games Clark has allowed Parsons to be a pass rusher only. In those two games LVE has stepped up his play at middle linebacker and we have not missed Barr. In four games he has made a difference.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you being serious or sarcastic? Sometimes I can't tell. If you're being serious I hope his training camp ends and the physical freak that can do it all comes out in the playoffs. Your description of him on our defense will be scary.

I would never joke about Damone Clark.

Someone mentioned Rolando McClain as a comp and that's a pretty good one. Skill set wise not mental.

If the surgery hasn't robbed him of anything he will be a Pro Bowl player.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The last two games Clark has allowed Parsons to be a pass rusher only. In those two games LVE has stepped up his play at middle linebacker and we have not missed Barr. In four games he has made a difference.

Parsons was a DPOY candidate before Clark ever stepped on the field.

I just feel like “difference maker” is an extreme exaggeration. Lee was a difference maker.

Clark is an ascending player with good upside, but I’m going to see him actually create some
negative plays before I consider him a “difference maker.”

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Parsons was a DPOY candidate before Clark ever stepped on the field.

I just feel like “difference maker” is an extreme exaggeration. Lee was a difference maker.

Clark is an ascending player with good upside, but I’m going to see him actually create some
negative plays before I consider him a “difference maker.”
Clark has been average so far. He did force a fumble though that was recovered by Jones. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks against Taylor and Pierce.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Yes I did. Complete stud. Can do it all. A physical freak. I haven't seen that yet in Dallas but I'm hoping it's coming. He's basically in training camp right now.
Close to same way parsons plays in the league Damone played at lsu. He will find the ball

GINeric

Reaction score
I said he would be a Super Bowl champion and we would waste years with Prescott.

I feel good about it.
I said he would be a Super Bowl champion and we would waste years with Prescott.

I feel good about it.

Yeah ok... you feel good about a quarterback who got his job taken by another quarterback who was just living on his sister's couch a few seasons ago and last name similar to a watered down beer.

Wentz couldn't hold Dak's jock strap.... just put some gravy and rice on that L you continue to take so that you could digest it a lil easier.

Clark should be able to help you redeem yourself from your world of Ls.

Ken

Reaction score
Yes, average. Far from a difference maker IMO.
"Average" in 3 games as a pro, coming off freaking neck surgery, on one of the best defenses in the league.

For comparison...Nakobe Dean can't even get on the field.

cnuball21

Reaction score
"Average" in 3 games as a pro, coming off freaking neck surgery, on one of the best defenses in the league.

For comparison...Nakobe Dean can't even get on the field.

Sure, I applaud the dude for making it back on the field and overcoming such a big injury.

That doesn’t change his actual performance. I’m happy for him, but again, he hasn’t been a difference maker yet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's RisenStew. The only dish he serves.

Don't try to parse the 'meat' from what other strange things you might find on the plate. No way to tell what is what.

Some folks actually swallow it down.

Knuckle sandwiches are my specialty.