Twitter: McCarthy press conference today - 03/25/21

Swagger

Reaction score
when asked what he would do differently last season be sounded like a life coach

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Asked about Sean Lee and Tyrone Crawford futures.

MMc: "Tyrone will retire. Still in discussions with Sean."

fivetwos

Reaction score
The " I don't think we made a mistake" should scare you. That's Jerry level delusion.
Not only did the PR department script the answers, they probably wrote all the allowable questions as well.

The....bad mouth Jerry and you're jobless....type of deal.

Softballs only.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I realize you say this because you may have a vetted interest in the 4-3, but Parcells brought the Cowboys to 2 out of 4 playoff births in the 3-4 after 3 consecutive 5-11 years in the 4-3.

And then the next 3 years after he left, your 3-4 defensive put up a line of 32-16, still the best 3 year run you’ve had since 1995. In fact, 2007’s 3-4 year is arguably the most dominant regular season the team has EVER had:

1. You went 13-3

2. You won a division where no one had a losing record and it produced 3 total playoff teams

3. the super bowl champion also played in your division and you beat them twice

4. You had something like 13 pro bowlers, including many on your....

5. .... top 10 3-4 defense

6. And one of your only 3 losses was a close game to arguably the great football team ever assembled

Even though the Giants upset you in the playoffs, that was a historically amazing season.

the opposite argument actually holds more weight, that the 3-4 improved the Cowboys and they took a big step back for 4 years after switching back to the 4-3.
You forgot beging saddled with Quincy and still making the playoffs - then finding Romo

Last edited:

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Tiny Jim: "Most of your experience has been drafting in the first round after pick 10 - do you prepare any differently knowing that you are picking much higher?"

MMc: "Process is a little different. You have to make sure the pick is the right fit."

Wow - earth shattering news there.

Complete fluff.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Asked, "Have you been vaccinated for COVID?"

MMc: "Not answering that question."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot beging sddled with Quincy and still making the playoffs - then finding Romo

And did it attached to two morons while at the tail end of his career.

Meanwhile that dude with the funny hat was destroying his franchise and getting fired in his farewell.

Swagger

Reaction score
Listening to Big Mac just reinforces my initial view of him.

He's a clown and a charleton.

It's no great surprise that players were failing on assignments last season as I don't even understand what he's talking about.

Fluff.

Good grief the guy is a joke.

Patrick

Reaction score
Sean Lee as a backup who is used as more of a coach on the sidelines would be great.

Probably the smartest guy on the team and most likely to be a coach soon after retirement.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Asked, "Why did you let Aldon go?"

MMc: "I was involved in the decision. We need lineman that can do more than one thing. The lineman that we signed can play any position on the Dline. We need that ... more position flexibility."

Don't shoot the messenger!

Im going to puke

Jack of all trades - master of none