McCarthy Sideline Etiquette - No Clapping

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't say the Dallas "Football" Cowboys in press conference's, I'm OK with him...lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not really about just the clapping per se. Its more about perception . To be honest, Jason has just kind of always had this perception about him as this nice little docile painfully polite beta dude that tries his damndest to act hard and can never quite pull it off . Certainly true that you can never judge a book by its cover. Believe me,...I get that. But........ to a lot of people perception is everything. The red hair, the clapping, the going to princeton, his demeanor, on and on and on. It just ends up reinforcing that image " real or not" of a wet noodle desperately trying to not LOOK like a wet noodle..LOL

It also give forum members a chance to act cute and clever....in the Kool Kids Klub...about it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Not sure his hands can actually touch, with his T-Rex arms.

NorTex

Reaction score
Get used to our head coach blankly staring at a clipboard. It'll be awesome when we're winning and infuriating when we're losing, per my Packers-fan friend.

bark

Reaction score
Little know fact
The reason why big mike settled on the cowboys
Watching film during his year away from the game he stumbled across that clip of switzer choking down a hotdog on the bench.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As much as this has been a running joke four years , in reality HC as well as other coaches have been clapping and azzz slapping since football began...

He’s not alone..lol

We simply grew tired of his demeanor but its not as bad as most make it out to be...

Good luck Garett..i bet he has success somewhere else.. no need to constantly degrade the man..he out move forward..

Im betting. If we somehow end up 8-8 or worse this year MM will have some angry fans finding something wrong with him.

What could MM mockery be? Oh wait its already started, hes fat out of shape mans man beer belly has no respect for keeping himself in shape how can he possibly keep a team in shape..lmao.. i see it now.. fat jokes, Santa clause Memes Bad Santa for sure..

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
As much as this has been a running joke four years , in reality HC as well as other coaches have been clapping and azzz slapping since football began...

He’s not alone..lol

We simply grew tired of his demeanor but its not as bad as most make it out to be...

Good luck Garett..i bet he has success somewhere else.. no need to constantly degrade the man..he out move forward..

Im betting. If we somehow end up 8-8 or worse this year MM will have some angry fans finding something wrong with him.

What could MM mockery be? Oh wait its already started, hes fat out of shape mans man beer belly has no respect for keeping himself in shape how can he possibly keep a team in shape..lmao.. i see it now.. fat jokes, Santa clause Memes Bad Santa for sure..

Jimmy Johnson was a big clapper on the sidelines as well. I guess the difference is Jimmy would also scold and yell when needed. Garrett seemed to rarely do anything other than clap.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

He’s not alone..lol

I actually created this thread to make fun of those that had an issue with JGs clapping. Super Bowl Bound Baby!!!

zeke21

Reaction score
I had no problem with the clapping when it made sense.. I had a big problem when you see the HC clapping off the defence that just gave up soft yards, or an offence that went 3 and out.. that isn't clapping time.. that should be fired up time or do something else time..

You should not be telling a group that just went 3 and out.. good job guys.. really good job.

Ummm no.. bad job guys.. need to lift next series.. or not good enough guys, go to your line coach, talk to each other.. sort your crap out now. I don't know.. anything that would actually point out that they didn't do a good job.