McCarthy smashed watermelons with a sledgehammer

JBond

Reaction score
I do know that it has been impressive the way that the coaches have overcome such an extreme rash of injuries. I also like how he’ll cut bait with a player if he disappoints. The old staff would take way too long to get a bad player out of the lineup and put someone else in. Mike has no problem pulling someone.

The rest of the season is going to be interesting.
Especially this last bit you mentioned.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Back when I was in the military, I had a commander that did this after we passed an annual inspection. It was actually quite motivating and fun. It's good to recognize accomplishments in fun ways. I give MM credit for this team building idea. Esprit de corps is important.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Back when I was in the military, I had a commander that did this after we passed an annual inspection. It was actually quite motivating and fun. It's good to recognize accomplishments in fun ways. I give MM credit for this team building idea. Esprit de corps is important.

Exactly. They played with piss and vinegar, hope it carries over.

garyo1954

Reaction score
With his cheeks?

Anything to keep them loose (unless we're talking those cheeks)!

That's all he was doing, I think. Smashing watermelons wasn't Tom's personality. What he did was put together a highlight reel and had a pizza party for the players to show them they weren't as bad a football team as they thought.

Big Mac wanted/needed to break that heavy feeling in the locker room and put some fun back in playing/the game. He had to do it in his style otherwise the players would have known it was all a show. That's what "be yourself" means. Be yourself is the way you bond with your players. Suddenly you're more than Booger's hand picked puppet. You have personality, humor, you become "The Kahuna" like Bill Parcell became, "The Tuna."

DuncanIso

Reaction score

what would Tom Landry do?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
200.gif
I actually sat in the the wash bay,, thats what they called it back in 80s,, front row, and had to wear a rain jacket but didnt help much,,,

phildadon86

Reaction score
Only the Cowboys would emphasis something so dumb :facepalm:. They make it easy for fans and other teams to laugh at them. What a load of nonsense. I guess it worked though, seeing how Donovan Wilson was physical all night. Of course it takes absurdity to get into this team’s head.
Hey man. Whatever. Garretts idea of motivation was saying "i had a great italian sub the other day, you know the toasted ones? I almost threw it up watching this film" lol. Im just happy theres change.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I guess everyone complaining about a little fun by the HC would hate Sean Peyton as the HC as well. He does this type of stuff all the time. He rolled in a wheel barrel full of cash one time to show the difference between winning and losing a play off game. Or something like that