McCarthy smashed watermelons with a sledgehammer

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I guess everyone complaining about a little fun by the HC would hate Sean Peyton as the HC as well. He does this type of stuff all the time. He rolled in a wheel barrel full of cash one time to show the difference between winning and losing a play off game. Or something like that

Big Mike is a terrible HC....

not happy with him.

We need a new HC in January.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Big Mike is a terrible HC....

not happy with him.

We need a new HC in January.
. I don’t disagree. But 1 it’s not happening 2. This was specifically about what he did Sat night not a vote for the whole year.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Bahaha

Bad luck season, real life not much better.

A front row ticket to see the Kool Aid man smash watermelons does the trick.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to spend more time coaching.

Less time crushing Melons.
Yeah, because that's what he's been consistently doing since June - crushing watermelons instead of coaching ….

Smashing this one particular watermelon had to have taken up at least 2-3 days worth of coaching time, right?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I actually sat in the the wash bay,, thats what they called it back in 80s,, front row, and had to wear a rain jacket but didnt help much,,,
I went to a Gallagher comedy concert way back when. They gave the first few rows a large sheet of plastic to cover themselves. It wasn't enough. I'm glad I like watermelon because it got everywhere.

Plankton

Reaction score
1*Uwc7CUhA-umrxM0tvRPSag.gif

Cmac

Reaction score
Two questions....

1...do ANY of today's players even GET the reference?

2....Nah it was just one question.
…...a path that is too slippery to travel down......what's next? Whoa!!....IMO. I'd suggest try Bingo, or pin the tail on the donkey, next time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what would Tom Landry do?
Oh Hell, he was a barrel of fun! What a cut up! Walt Garrison once attempted to put a cloud on Landry's sense of humor by saying he had never seen Coach Landry smile, but then he admitted he had only been there 8 years.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you work in a tollbooth!

Let loose a little. Do some stupid stuff just to make people around you smile. You'll feel better and live longer (maybe).

If I see one of my nurses having a bad day, I go down buy pizza or a subway (or a fruit bowl) and send it in with her name on it. She gets kidded about having a secret admirer which makes her feel good. The receptionist eventually let on who the culprit was, but it was fun while it lasted.

I've laser engraved their names on wine glasses, laser engraved Christmas tree ornaments, laser engraved leather bracelets with the caduceus (except the tech who got a three carrot diamond bracelet).

Little things can make a world of difference in someone's attitude, happiness, and they way they see the world.
Try it. Go bust a watermelon and see if it don't make you feel better.

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You know that some players actually picked up some pieces and ate them. I would put money on that.

cern

Reaction score
I see absolutely nothing wrong with smashing watermelons. Sometimes a little levity eases tension and helps overall performance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like some of you work in a tollbooth!

Let loose a little. Do some stupid stuff just to make people around you smile. You'll feel better and live longer (maybe).

If I see one of my nurses having a bad day, I go down buy pizza or a subway (or a fruit bowl) and send it in with her name on it. She gets kidded about having a secret admirer which makes her feel good. The receptionist eventually let on who the culprit was, but it was fun while it lasted.

I've laser engraved their names on wine glasses, laser engraved Christmas tree ornaments, laser engraved leather bracelets with the caduceus (except the tech who got a three carrot diamond bracelet).

Little things can make a world of difference in someone's attitude, happiness, and they way they see the world.
Try it. Go bust a watermelon and see if it don't make you feel better.
TollBooth.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeah, because that's what he's been consistently doing since June - crushing watermelons instead of coaching ….

Smashing this one particular watermelon had to have taken up at least 2-3 days worth of coaching time, right?

This guy is just a troll, besides, it was more than one watermelon...I heard it was several with the Vikings players name on them or something like that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The take away for me is this:
McCarthy knew his 3 win team had a real chance to beat a team at home on a 3 game winning streak.
He brought a little juice (literally) and it was a great call because they might have saved the season with a last drive TD followed by solid defense for the win.

This is a great note about MM here.

JG did a lot of things fairly well but he didn't have any tricks up his sleeve ever. This was an old school Jimmy Johnson style button push.