Fredbeard

Reaction score
200.gif
I was going to mention Gallagher. What ever works for motivation I guess

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is just a troll, besides, it was more than one watermelon...I heard it was several with the Vikings players name on them or something like that.
Yep. The last one had Dalvin Cook's name on it and D-Law hopped up and said "I'm smashing that one" (paraphrase) and he crushed it. The next day, Donovan Wilson crushed it - all game long.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
That pelissero clown reporter is the only guy that reports on stuff about mccarthy.

This was McCarthy calling him and telling him to run this story but make it look like it leaked. Mccarthy looks like he is doing something good to build the team up.

Great the team won but McCarthy and his constant leaked stories are a joke. This guy doesn't use football analytics either. Just another hack story to get him hired.

Cmac

Reaction score
....we know what the motivation speech should be now. And when MM's speech reveals watery eyes & a cracked voice......nobody in that locker room should have any doubts.....Play like you've never played before, and win for MP. Thursday.....only men willing to run through a brick wall. Beat the Washington Football Team!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Bottom line is we are starting to finally see the difference in coaching. For me, Moore is having even better year considering. His coaching was outstanding last game. The Oline coach is doing a great job and Nolan is starting to show.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
McCarthy borrowed a bit from the comedian Gallagher to try and motivate the Cowboys last weekend by taking a sledgehammer to watermelons in a team meeting the night before the season-saving win over the Vikings.

They had to actually take their own watermelons with them because it’s a little harder to find big watermelons in Minneapolis this time of year than Dallas. And there was the matter of taking a sledgehammer on the plane . Which is the beauty of flying on a charter. It was packed nicely in a bag.

So a lot of planning had to go into it and most importantly they were able to get it done right and the cleanup was efficient as the hotel was a little concerned .

th

desant89

Reaction score
He needs to show me a lot more. Couple of losses were arguably due to awful play calling. We even tried to lose last week by letting Dalton throw on 1st and Goal from the 6 at the end. What are they thinking? Ran for a lot of that drive, needed to have Minn use timeouts. Did Dalton do enough to build that much confidence??? He almost got picked off on that play. Very frustrating recently. An average qb should be able to score often with this offense.

Flamma

Reaction score
People keep talking as if the Cowboys just woke up this Sunday. The Cowboys have been playing inspired football since the Eagles game. Couldn't beat the Eagles for obvious reasons. They played excellent against the Steelers. But inspired football or not, you can still lose. And the Steelers play inspired football too, yet Dallas almost pulls that out. Finally won one against the Vikings which seemed to surprise a lot of people. Not I. I knew they'd at least be in that game.

desant89

Reaction score
People keep talking as if the Cowboys just woke up this Sunday. The Cowboys have been playing inspired football since the Eagles game. Couldn't beat the Eagles for obvious reasons. They played excellent against the Steelers. But inspired football or not, you can still lose. And the Steelers play inspired football too, yet Dallas almost pulls that out. Finally won one against the Vikings which seemed to surprise a lot of people. Not I. I knew they'd at least be in that game.

I feel as those those losses were possibly due to horrific play calling when it mattered.

conner01

Reaction score
Only the Cowboys would emphasis something so dumb :facepalm:. They make it easy for fans and other teams to laugh at them. What a load of nonsense. I guess it worked though, seeing how Donovan Wilson was physical all night. Of course it takes absurdity to get into this team’s head.
Smarter than chopping wood with an Ax

Flamma

Reaction score
I feel as those those losses were possibly due to horrific play calling when it mattered.

Can't argue that. But it was pretty clear what they were doing in the Eagles game. They were trying to hide the quarterback and went several times too many to the well of confusion. Gilbert killed us with that terrible pick in the endzone. It's just hard to work around your quarterback.

desant89

Reaction score
Can't argue that. But it was pretty clear what they were doing in the Eagles game. They were trying to hide the quarterback and went several times too many to the well of confusion. Gilbert killed us with that terrible pick in the endzone. It's just hard to work around your quarterback.

He shouldn't have been throwing there. The run was working at that point. Again, they have way too much faith in these backups at the wrong times.

desant89

Reaction score
I guess I can rest my caed on that fake punt call.... Coaching is awful.