McCarthy will take Dak to the highest level

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not really.. He had fluffy numbers against weak opponents but in big games he provided almost no offense for the team.
He improved in his accuracy, his mechanics and his ability to read defenses and his numbers reflect that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He improved in his accuracy, his mechanics and his ability to read defenses and his numbers reflect that.

Yeah... Too bad those numbers didn’t translate to wins. Some bad QBs had good numbers this year.

I believe the top 5 in passing didn’t make the playoffs.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Yeah... Too bad those numbers didn’t translate to wins. Some bad QBs had good numbers this year.

Only because Mahomes got hurt...

When the Ravens needed Jackson to pass he failed them. The Titans caught lightning in a bottle but it's doubtful they can sustain the momentum into a superbowl ring. We will see...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only because Mahomes got hurt...

When the Ravens needed Jackson to pass he failed them. The Titans caught lightning in a bottle but it's doubtful they can sustain the momentum into a superbowl ring. We will see...

Well.. we had the #1 passer in yards and the Eagles did everything possible to not make the playoffs and we still blew it.

It’s a passing league but clearly Daks stats this year are hollow just like Jameis, Rivers, and Matt Ryan.

Dallas was healthy and played in a weak division and somehow still missed the post season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

That’s a tired and frankly ignorant excuse. The fact a QB’s team didn’t make the playoffs is all his fault like you are insinuating but probably won’t’ admit it because you know how ridiculous it sounds.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well.. we had the #1 passer in yards and the Eagles did everything possible to not make the playoffs and we still blew it.

It’s a passing league but clearly Daks stats this year are hollow just like Jameis, Rivers, and Matt Ryan.

Dallas was healthy and played in a weak division and somehow still missed the post season.
And Dak had a partially torn ligament in his throwing shoulder that he took a pain killer shot before the game and at halftime for.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones on Friday...

”We’ve got to land the plane on his contract and get him signed up sooner than later. He deserves everything he has coming...He’s our quarterback of the future."
Obviously, this is a smokescreen by the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President and Director of Player of Player Personnel for the National Football League's Dallas Cowboys' franchise! I want. No. I demand that a complete outsider, with zero ties to the situation, tell the truth behind Prescott's present and future contract negotiations!!!

~ paging @PAPPYDOG... paging @PAPPYDOG... pick up urgent call on line three... paging @Pappydog~

:p

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s a tired and frankly ignorant excuse. The fact a QB’s team didn’t make the playoffs is all his fault like you are insinuating but probably won’t’ admit it because you know how ridiculous it sounds.

We lacked offense in big games.

Dak has no problem padding stats against bad teams.

If Dak was the QB you believe he is we would easily made the playoffs.

He’s a bus driver. A very good bus driver but a bus driver none the less.

Some QBs are trucks that pull the team and some QBs are trailers that get pulled by the team. He is a trailer.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McCarthy was the OC Quality Control guy for Schottenheimer while Montana was there. Then became OC 95 or 95. (Top of head talk but one of those years)
Too many seasons. Too many games to remember. I saw Montana play in the old patriots stadium. When he was with Kansas City. I’m only 30 minutes away from Gillette Stadium. But I became a cowboy fan my military years. I could I not love Roger Staubach

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Some QBs are trucks that pull the team and some QBs are trailers that get pulled by the team. He is a trailer.
Bus driver. The guy responsible for taking the team where it needs to go. LOL but I get it. I loved The dink and dunk offense. Smash Mouth. I don’t think you win going for hundred yards a game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And Dak had a partially torn ligament in his throwing shoulder that he took a pain killer shot before the game and at halftime for.

This is years of observation.

It doesn’t take years to tell what kind of QB a guy is. This argument is silly at this point.

Dak is a good solid QB, fantastic leader, and stays healthy. That is it.

At his current contract I love him but even at his current contract we somehow had no playoff success.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

That’s your opinion but not mine and not football people.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Too many seasons. Too many games to remember. I saw Montana play in the old patriots stadium. When he was with Kansas City. I’m only 30 minutes away from Gillette Stadium. But I became a cowboy fan my military years. I could I not love Roger Staubach

I always had a liking for Roger. He wasn't just the robot Catholic the media painted him. He had some maverick there. At Quantico he was the first in his class to escape a captive situation drill. I forget how the drill went down but apparently they were told not to attempt to escape and Roger's first thought was "Escape!" Later, took a football to Vietnam to stay in football shape.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree that Dak wasn't as good as his stats, but the defense should get a lot of the blame for our losses too, along with the receivers who dropped well thrown balls, and the epically horrendous ST.

Swagger

Reaction score

We would have had a better chance with Kitna suiting up.