Twitter: McCarthy won't attend annual league meeting

slick325

Reaction score
Looks like it may not have been Big Mike's idea after all.

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones discussed team's offseason and Mike McCarthy's unusual absence in Florida. "We just felt like it was in our best interest as an organization for him to work on what he needed to work on.” This is per a Dallas Morning News article I'm not sure I can link.

DonaldM

Reaction score
curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif
He's better than what you have... Skip Bayless likes him...on his payroll

DonaldM

Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk here but why do I have to explain why I want to delete a post? I missed a comma. Or accidentally dropped a f bomb. Who cares. Are you building a case against me? Is this not America. Elon Musk is about to change this woke garbage. Can't wait... This guy is cool and pro America. Ask me why I'm deleting a post. Are you serious. Why? Can't even have fun on a football forum without this garbage.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
"McCarthy, want to go on a trip with us?"

*cough*

"Sorry, can't. Think I have the black lung!"

*cough*

Plans big BBQ at his house.

:D

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tried to send you a message a few minutes ago and it went to visionary. Maybe I'm stoned. Do you know a guy named Mike Hughes?
No, sir ....unless he used to coach in Weslaco tx. . I think that guy was Mike Brown.....good guy

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not trying to be a jerk here but why do I have to explain why I want to delete a post? I missed a comma. Or accidentally dropped a f bomb. Who cares. Are you building a case against me? Is this not America. Elon Musk is about to change this woke garbage. Can't wait... This guy is cool and pro America. Ask me why I'm deleting a post. Are you serious. Why? Can't even have fun on a football forum without this garbage.
I'm always a jerk around here. Persona non grata

DonaldM

Reaction score
He and Greg have electric cows they are saving mother earth. You will hear about them soon. Have you seen the destruction to Mother Eargvvvgth. To create a battery lmao

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What is accomplished at this annual meeting and why would he care? Rule changes? Cares. Big Mike is laughing and don't blame him. A baby shower for Jethro's new child?

Not sure why everyone hates on big Mike. He's been here while we put together a pretty solid coaching staff with the exception of Moore which he had no say in. And a 12 win season. Pretty nice IMO.
Sad what he has to deal with being a part of this clown show.
Doesn't take much to fire up haters. Remember how many so called fans absolutely hated Romo because he wore his cap backwards?
That cap thing drove 'em nuts! LOL Like I said, doesn't take much for some people.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Looks like it may not have been Big Mike's idea after all.
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones discussed team's offseason and Mike McCarthy's unusual absence in Florida. "We just felt like it was in our best interest as an organization for him to work on what he needed to work on.” This is per a Dallas Morning News article I'm not sure I can link.

Soooooooo, you mean the last 4 pages of piling on McCarthy for not going to those meetings was totally uninformed and misdirected? He wasn't ducking out on his responsibilities as a HC???
It wasn't McCarthy's idea??? WHAT? The fans got it wrong???
:lmao2::lmao::laugh:

After some googling, I discovered that McCarthy is presently indeed highly involved with the Jones' and Will McClay concerning draft decisions and offseason personnel decisions.
Thanks for the heads up slick325.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping beyond hope that the simpleton running this team saw the way Quinn had a hands on approach and motivated the defense and want to give him a shot.
Defense played their butts off.
MM is a fraud

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sean Payton will have multiple suitors if he chooses to coach again. Not sure why some assume his dream is to be Jerry's next puppet.
Hope does strange things to us all. I have an extremely hard time believing Sean Payton would ever agree to come to the circus without major and I do mean major changes in the way this organization is run.

Payton is a REAL NFL HC. The kind of normal HC that expects to run the locker room, be the mouthpiece of the team, have full discipline control, etc. In other words have the kind of authority we haven’t seen a HC possess here since the Big Tuna was here.

I’m always open to being convinced. So those of you who believe Payton is coming to Big D in ‘23….tell why you believe it is realistic and how Jerry would allow a HC to be a real HC here again. Because I think that will happen only when Jerry is lowered into the ground at mid- field at his beloved “Stayjum”.

DonaldM

Reaction score
He won't be a puppet to Jerry. They seem to have a unique relationship. It could possibly work. We can hope.