Twitter: McClain inked by Falcons

kevm3

Reaction score
None of us are shareholders so I don't understand this financial restraint stuff. For a one year deal, why is this bad when we're not going to do anything with that free cap space?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
None of us are shareholders so I don't understand this financial restraint stuff. For a one year deal, why is this bad when we're not going to do anything with that free cap space?

I bet Stephen Jones could explain it to you in a condescending way and you would take it and ask for more.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Good.

Never understood the hype with McClain.

I prefer Hankins.
I prefer Suh and were not getting him either. You never understood the hype for McClain and your good with the 1 techniques we have on the roster right now? You must also be good with mediocre play at 1 techninique. McClain would have been the best 1 technique on our roster by a lot. Price hasn’t shown anything.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It shows that we were anything but a "sieve" on runs up the middle last season, as some people seem to think.
Congrats.

You totally squelched hyperbole once more with your command of quotable statistics.

Care to lend your opinion about other things or would you just rather stick to the data?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would've signed with Atlanta over Dallas also.
Smart move on his part.
Go root for Atlanta then. Dallas probably wouldn’t pay 4.5 million for I year. I think we should have though, and would have if it was an offensive need. This tells me Jerry is still about the “Show”. We are so weak at 1 technique right now!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a different team from a year ago that is significantly lighter inside the tackles on defense.

At this time of year yeah, but quickly the bloom came off that rose when it was found out that Irving was going to be suspended for a number of games, that Thornton was going to be useless and Paea had an injury problem that wasn't going to be resolved.

And still with all that happening the interior defense vs. the run for the entire season was far from embarrassing.

Maybe Joe-fan is worrying a bit too much.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Apt. Considering that Brian Price is looking to be our 1T.
And considering Price has never done anything. He never saw the field with GB, now he is penciled in as our starting 1 technique. 1 technique is a glaring weakness for this team and we had a chance to fix it and sat on our hands! Dumb!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a 1 year deal, $4 million for a DT isn't squat.

What is a good deal $3m? So you save $1m and lose a guy who can help the team.

It is for a guy who'd be little more than one of ten in a rotation.

Dwight

Reaction score
I prefer Suh and were not getting him either. You never understood the hype for McClain and your good with the 1 techniques we have on the roster right now? You must also be good with mediocre play at 1 techninique. McClain would have been the best 1 technique on our roster by a lot. Price hasn’t shown anything.

When did I say that I was ok with the one technique position?

It’s obvious you haven’t read my posts over the years.

McClain is overrated to me which is why I want Hankins.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why credit? We have plenty of cap space this year after cutting Dez and Witten retiring. There is absolutely NO financial reason to not sign a free agent like McClain on a one year deal.

McClain would be a nice rotational piece here, but not someone I'm paying $4 million to pay what would likely amount to. 30% of the time, given number of snaps and his inevitable missed games with injury.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McClain would be a nice rotational piece here, but not someone I'm paying $4 million to pay what would likely amount to. 30% of the time, given number of snaps and his inevitable missed games with injury.

This.

McClain was awful last year for the Commanders. He's injured constantly.

Not worth much more than a Vet's minimum IMO.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Why are people talking about Hankins. Did we bring him in, or is this another fantasy signing counterargument to a guy the team was actually interested in?