McClain left no contract

LittleD

Reaction score
Who says you have to spend a boat load? Why do people insert statements like this other than to justify their positions?

The fact there are a few DTs sitting out there would seem to indicate that the money isn't there for DTs, so likely the Cowboys aren't going to have to pony up a ton to get McClain if they want him.

We also have no freaking clue if Osborne is a fire-eater DT. He's never taken a NFL snap. Shoot, I hope the kid is the next great UDFA find but at this point, it's funny that people would prefer a kid they've never seen take a NFL snap over a guy (or guys) that are veterans that have a decent track record at a position of need.

We're fixin to find out as OTA's and TC is just around the corner. No use breaking the piggy bank until we get an idea about the players on the field, right?

Dwight

Reaction score
He has blocked Greg Spires and Booger McFarland out of his mind. Also Tommie Harris.

I totally forgot about Tommie Harris.

Thus this makes me question Marinelli’s approach regarding the DT position.

But I keep thinking about his 0-16 season as a Head Coach and his negligence towards the DT position which has me questioning his defensive awareness and knowledge as a coach.

I know I might get questioned big time about my statement but I feel Rod is overrated.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
koolaidlarge.jpg

Post of the week

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Must not be physically sound. I for one am happy. I"ld rather keep DeQuinton Osborne and allow him to develop. Then cut him because we kept a veteran like McMclain

lol, he's doing the tour before signing anything. Best offer maybe. He knows our D, hope we sign him. Especially after Collins breaking his foot. He can play DT3 and proved it 2 years ago. When Collins come back, it would ne nice to see McClain and Collins reunited. JMO

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is clearly trying to create a bidding war, headed to Atlanta and also suppose to visit Philly.

What is plan B?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He is clearly trying to create a bidding war, headed to Atlanta and also suppose to visit Philly.

What is plan B?

What??? McClain is plan B. Plan A was Collins and Irving. After the Collins foot break I'm hoping it's moved up to Plan A.5 :)

DiResta

Reaction score
Marinelli is just locked into a look for his linemen that isnt going to change while hes the dc
he takes what they give him and hes a great line coach but i bet if he could pick his guys it would be a clone of a 290ish guy with a fast first step and all motor and would line up 0 1 and 3 technique interchangeable
its great in theory but you wont win across the board everytime
so why not change? idk