Twitter: McClain visiting Dolphins

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Veteran DT Terrell McClain is visiting the #Dolphins today, source says. McClain was released post-draft by the Commanders.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I would love to get him on a one-year deal, but he did seem to be one of those guys that is inured a lot. He flashed here and there, but he really only had one good year for us.

Pants

Reaction score
For the right price, I welcome his return, even though he has the stench of “Commander” on him

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don't care one way or another. Can he help us? Maybe, but it would require us to cut another younger and potentially better player. At this point, I'm not sure that's a good move.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dolphins are desperate at DT, they have Godchaux starting there and just picked up Akeem Spence.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dolphins are desperate at DT, they have Godchaux starting there and just picked up Akeem Spence.

Maybe we can work a trade with them in TC.
If we get a good solid 4 DT's in a rotation, then we may have a few decent ones that will make another teams roster.

Maybe I over evaluate our players, like many of us do.

But Collins, Irving, Crawford, Ward are he 4, and they do not keep a 5th. Well Jerry keeps a 5th, but I mean a 5th player. LOL.
That leaves Price and Ash, and DaTone Jones if they view him as a DT and not a DE, Neal, if not at FB.
And yes, many of our fans will say they are all jags, so no one will trade for them. However, you really don't know that. I am just throwing out a possibility.

also, what if Price shows something worth keeping, and is maybe a little less of a player than Crawford, could we just trade Crawford instead.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If we get a good solid 4 DT's in a rotation, then we may have a few decent ones that will make another teams roster.

But Collins, Irving, Crawford, Ward are he 4, and they do not keep a 5th. Well Jerry keeps a 5th, but I mean a 5th player. LOL.
That leaves Price and Ash, and DaTone Jones if they view him as a DT and not a DE, Neal, if not at FB.
And yes, many of our fans will say they are all jags, so no one will trade for them. However, you really don't know that. I am just throwing out a possibility.

also, what if Price shows something worth keeping, and is maybe a little less of a player than Crawford, could we just trade Crawford instead.
I don't see any way Price doesn't make the 53, unless it's due to an injury.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any way Price doesn't make the 53, unless it's due to an injury.

Depends how many DL they keep on the 53. And DE vs Dt as well. Ealy can kick inside, and Crawford and Irving can go outside as well.
So it really depends on all this flex / versatility stuff the throw at us. If Price is a dedicated 1-tech or 3-tech, may hurt him actually. I disagree the way this team does this, but it is a fact that makes a difference here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is he still available? Isn't he like pretty good?

I think he gained a lot of weight, out of shape. But would not mind him if he does get in shape, if that is what it actually is.
I wanted us to draft him if they could at the time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was too successful at DT1 in 2014 we don't need that kinda beast stopping the opponents run game.

On March 10, 2017, McClain signed a four-year contract with the Washington Commanders. He started 2 out of 12 games at defensive end in the team's 3-4 defense, after being passed on the depth chart by Stacy McGee. He registered 20 tackles and 2 sacks. He missed weeks 12 through 15 with a toe injury he suffered against the New Orleans Saints. He was released on April 30, 2018.

waving monkey

Reaction score

I think they like Price