McDowell Meeting Goes Well Deal Will Be Pending Medical Information

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, if he is fully recovered, this could be good.

I know prior to the draft there were concerns about laziness. However, having a an accident where you almost lose your career can also have a profound impact on changing peoples outlooks. So he could be super motivated to come back and make something of himself.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If he’s healthy, I wonder why the Seahawks gave up on him.
Either his contract ran out or he’s near the end of it. Either way, no team wants to pay more good money in a gamble on a guy who’s already been sidelined most of his contract.

Free agency allows teams to write safer contracts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are additional tweets from other sources saying the team is leaning towards signing him if cleared. If he is indeed cleared, this will be a great chance signing.

Don't expect to get many if any details on his medical issues.

He and his family have been very secretive about it and they reminded Seattle of the HIPPA privacy laws which kept the Seahawks from releasing much info or even discussing it in any detail.

John813

Reaction score
@Nightman Did the Seahawk have to pay him being on the NFI list?

I see on Spotrac/OTC that he did get 3.2mil in 17(probably the SB) and 750k in 18, but the Seahawks were within their rights to withhold his base salary if they wanted to, right?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
@Nightman Did the Seahawk have to pay him being on the NFI list?

I see on Spotrac/OTC that he did get 3.2mil in 17(probably the SB) and 750k in 18, but the Seahawks were within their rights to withhold his base salary if they wanted to, right?
They only paid him 85k in 2017 base salary

He did get a 3.2m signing bonus like you said

He would be a ERFA(645k) this year and a RFA(3m) next year