McGovern, J.Jackson, Jelks were the only value picks

Verdammung

Reaction score
Bit of a contrarian view for me here. Michael Jackson was the best value pick to me. Jalen Jelks and Joe Jackson weren't value picks to me; they were picks.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike Weber was by far the best value.

It's not even close Imo....

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Never understand the value thing....

For example, many reports out there that plenty of NFL teams had second rd grades on Hill, Zierlein 2nd rd, Kiper had him in the 5/6 round, Broddaus 3rd, Brugler 3rd.

MyUserName

Reaction score
The only value picks according to who?
People who get paid money to determine such things.

You can disregard all the various sites and draft gurus if you like, but they are paid to give honest and unbiased analysis on things like that.

Time will tell ...but something tells me when we look back in a few years, the 'boys **** the bed more often than not in this draft.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
People who get paid money to determine such things.

You can disregard all the various sites and draft gurus if you like, but they are paid to give honest and unbiased analysis on things like that.

Time will tell ...but something tells me when we look back in a few years, the 'boys **** the bed more often than not in this draft.

Only a small handfull are paid, and do the job full time, everyone else is just amateur, hoping to make a name.

Boys122

Reaction score
Bit of a contrarian view for me here. Michael Jackson was the best value pick to me. Jalen Jelks and Joe Jackson weren't value picks to me; they were picks.
He posted on Twitter that the Cowboys picked a pro and will play corner or safety. This kid could be special

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Never understand the value thing....

For example, many reports out there that plenty of NFL teams had second rd grades on Hill, Zierlein 2nd rd, Kiper had him in the 5/6 round, Broddaus 3rd, Brugler 3rd.

It’s called context, each team values player differently based on how they are going to ft into the scheme and how they compliment other players on the field.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hate making too many judgments about the draft until we see the players develop. Its not fair to criticize the GM if he sees potential even when the rest of the league doesn't and he's right. For example, what if Richard sees huge potential in Mike Jackson and he is right 2 years from now? What if Anthony Brown moves on and Jackson steps right in for him and does a good job? Then we have to give the front office some credit right? I used to go by the draft boards too but who draws those up? TV personalities who spend a few hours digging into the best players? NFL front offices spend months on nothing but college players and come up with their own boards.

What we know is that the Cowboys front office used to really stink up the joint. They are a lot better now, don't you think? If you are not sure, go back and look at the 2009 draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cooper was a top 5 pick and the best wr available by a long shot. Great value.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Cooper was a top 5 pick and the best wr available by a long shot. Great value.

Yeah, that was the plus side of the draft. There was no one there at 27 that made me think "man, I wish we hadn't traded for Cooper!"

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This was maybe the only pick of the draft that I actually liked.

This draft smells like 2009, to me.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McGovern, Weber and Jelks were my "value" picks.

The rest were either reaches or consolation prizes because we got beaten to the other guys we wanted.