McNabb critical of Wentz

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
On Saturday, in an appearance with CBS Sports Radio, McNabb said the Eagles should consider drafting another quarterback if Wentz can't lead the Eagles past the second round of the playoffs in the next two seasons.

"I think in the next two, three years -- two years or so -- he has to find a way to get out of the second round of the playoffs," McNabb said. "What Nick Foles was able to do, take them to a Super Bowl and then possibly take them back to the NFC Championship Game, proves that, hey, some people can get into that offense and be very successful. (Wentz) hasn't been healthy. He hasn't really proven, to me, besides the year before he got hurt in the year he was, really, an MVP candidate. He needs to get back to that moment."

InTheZone

Reaction score
While I agree they should've stuck with Foles I'm not sure they should draft a replacement. They had the perfect opportunity to go with the right guy and imo made the wrong decision, sort of like Dallas did. To get rid of a proven guy then draft another ? QB to replace your ? QB is just idiotic.

But McNabb's explanation makes no sense. He is saying to draft a guy in 2-3 years for playoff success reasons, but then states durability issues. If you don't trust the guy then why keep him longer than you have to? If you don't feel he can't be special in the regular season and post season why keep him? If his health can't be trusted why keep him? Why does he get a 2-3 year window?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Ha, I hate the Eagles but McFlabb should probably just shut his mouth unless he wants to talk about yakking in the super bowl. Just ride into the sunset with your undeserved millions... Do that stupid dance into the Cowboy's stadium while you're at it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
While I agree they should've stuck with Foles I'm not sure they should draft a replacement. They had the perfect opportunity to go with the right guy and imo made the wrong decision, sort of like Dallas did. To get rid of a proven guy then draft another ? QB to replace your ? QB is just idiotic.

But McNabb's explanation makes no sense. He is saying to draft a guy in 2-3 years for playoff success reasons, but then states durability issues. If you don't trust the guy then why keep him longer than you have to? If you don't feel he can't be special in the regular season and post season why keep him? If his health can't be trusted why keep him? Why does he get a 2-3 year window?

Dallas went with the wrong guy at qb?

Bigdog

Reaction score
What coincidence that in 2-3 years a qb that some believe to be the next Peyton Manning from Clemson (Trevor Lawrence) will be eligible for the draft. Just saying.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dallas went with the wrong guy at qb?
situation was slightly different, but Dallas mishandled their position at the time and the Eagles definitely went with the wrong guy going forward for the franchise. Teams will stick by their 1st round QBs no matter what until that initial contract is up.

mmohican29

Reaction score
If anyone can recognize a highly overrated inaccurate Eagles QB, it would be McPuke.

Mr. Moonwalk in 1st Q, Sports Hernia in 4th after RWill31 embarrasses him in his own house. That was hilarious... I giggled like a 5th grader for 2 hours after that one.

Still can't believe that turd team won a SB. Figures it would be in the most controversial season since the scabs took the field. Nick Foles. SMH.