McShay 2020 Mock 5/2/19

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't remember who but there was an article from a current GM who admitted his intentionally passed on taking a WR high in 2019 draft coz 2020 is expected to have one of the strongest units. Know it early but the apparently some truth to his assessment.

bodi

Reaction score
well if Dak craps out I be willing to trade all my picks to get Fromm

or Eason he looked pretty good before his injury

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
well if Dak craps out I be willing to trade all my picks to get Fromm

or Eason he looked pretty good before his injury

Or we can wait a year or two, trade all our picks and get Trevor Lawrence:
Thankfully this is all just speculation and good offseason fun :)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
By the way, LSU safety Grant Delpit and Clemson freak-of-nature Isiah Simmons are my official 2020 pet cats.

I'll go ahead and say it...He reminds me of a taller Darren Woodson. W/ the way defenses are played today...having that tweener...LBer/SS that can cover the entire field is so important. Love this kid...would give up Sean Lee's spot in a heartbeat for this guy.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Alex Leatherwood, Offensive Line

The transition to right guard is still a work in progress for Alex Leatherwood. The former five-star offensive lineman hasn’t been terrible or anything, but there’s been some noticeable growing pains after spending his entire career at offensive tackle.

To be fair, Leatherwood seems more suited to play tackle than guard. He’s listed at 6-6, 304 pounds, and there’s obvious athleticism with the Pensacola (Fla.) native. He made the most of his opportunity after taking over for Jonah Williams at left tackle in the national championship game back in January.

Heading into this season, it had looked like Jedrick Wills would be the more likely of the two to kick inside. But he’s looked phenomenal at right tackle, so moving him to guard wouldn’t make sense at this point. He did see significant reps there during the offseason, but it looks like the coaching staff thought he was a better fit at right tackle.

Going back to Leatherwood, he’s certainly capable of making an impact at right guard. But he’s going to need to show some noticeable improvement if he wants to remain in the starting lineup over Deonte Brown.

So they mock a project for this team. :rolleyes: