Me likes me some Pollard

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I truly love Zeke. But I am not blind either. Let me ask you this.....what does Zeke have that Pollard does not? And then ask......what does Pollard have that Zeke doesn't?

Blocking. And I ain't talking about a blitzing LB or safety. I mean chucking defensive linemen. Why do you think Dak has been healthy?
Decoy. Zeke will flare out, taking a body with him. Pollard probably would not receive such attention.
Durability. It's my opinion that Pollard wouldn't take the pounding Zeke has.

As has been mentioned.....for a very long time, our 2nd has ridiculous numbers. Until they are 1.

Let's keep the 1-2 punch.....just manage it better.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Pollard can be Kamara-lite in this offense. Not this year, but next year we may have a RB1 issue. Especially considering what the Rams just did to Gurley.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Blocking. And I ain't talking about a blitzing LB or safety. I mean chucking defensive linemen. Why do you think Dak has been healthy?
Decoy. Zeke will flare out, taking a body with him. Pollard probably would not receive such attention.
Durability. It's my opinion that Pollard wouldn't take the pounding Zeke has.

As has been mentioned.....for a very long time, our 2nd has ridiculous numbers. Until they are 1.

Let's keep the 1-2 punch.....just manage it better.
I have the same opinion about Pollard not being able to take a pounding. But I also can't deny that he has the ability to run between the tackles effectively.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have the same opinion about Pollard not being able to take a pounding. But I also can't deny that he has the ability to run between the tackles effectively.

I concur. He slips through like jelly. Has quickness and speed. Elusive too. But still gonna get hit, especially as a 1.

Here's the thing...I think some people ignore the very real....theory?...that you need a big tough back to "soften them up". After you beat them up some, put your speed guy in and tear them a new one. I wasn;t sure there was any set plan about it before, but hopefully the new coaches dial this crazy tandem right on the money.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I love TP as a 2nd back but in my opinion don’t think he would make it as a full time starter. He missed more games to injury in his rookie year than Zeke in 4. I hope to see him utilized more and for all our backs utilized differently under the new coaching staff.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I concur. He slips through like jelly. Has quickness and speed. Elusive too. But still gonna get hit, especially as a 1.

Here's the thing...I think some people ignore the very real....theory?...that you need a big tough back to "soften them up". After you beat them up some, put your speed guy in and tear them a new one. I wasn;t sure there was any set plan about it before, but hopefully the new coaches dial this crazy tandem right on the money.
I think a lot of people also ignore that your typical West Coast running back, at least the most successful look more like Pollard than Zeke. Im not saying that Zeke cannot be successful in the offense at all. I personally think Zeke can be successful in any offense. I just think Pollard is a definite fit without question.

At the end of the day we are lucky to have both. Like you said its on the coaches to make it work between the 2.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think a lot of people also ignore that your typical West Coast running back, at least the most successful look more like Pollard than Zeke. Im not saying that Zeke cannot be successful in the offense at all. I personally think Zeke can be successful in any offense. I just think Pollard is a definite fit without question.

At the end of the day we are lucky to have both. Like you said its on the coaches to make it work between the 2.
stop trying to insert Pollard as some kind of perfect fit here and zekes out....first off maybe you havent noticed but most teams are no longer running a true WSO, its been mutated 100X over..

secondly maybe you also didnt pay attention but when KM was retained as OC , MM said they would merge philosophy but this would be KM offense as was it last year..

lastly Zeke is 3 down back and can play in ANY offense , hes a great pas catcher and blocker, not sure where the WCO needs a pollard..pollard barely ran in college now hes a perfect pro?

Hes exactly where he needs to eb a great #2 as a 1-2 punch in this offense with EE leading as im betting he was starter from middle school, OSU and been a great back in the nfl..

LMAO..keep trying...but those that want zeke replaced went on notice when they paid him and he produced well last year considering..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
stop trying to insert Pollard as some kind of perfect fit here and zekes out....first off maybe you havent noticed but most teams are no longer running a true WSO, its been mutated 100X over..

secondly maybe you also didnt pay attention but when KM was retained as OC , MM said they would merge philosophy but this would be KM offense as was it last year..

lastly Zeke is 3 down back and can play in ANY offense , hes a great pas catcher and blocker, not sure where the WCO needs a pollard..pollard barely ran in college now hes a perfect pro?

Hes exactly where he needs to eb a great #2 as a 1-2 punch in this offense with EE leading as im betting he was starter from middle school, OSU and been a great back in the nfl..

LMAO..keep trying...but those that want zeke replaced went on notice when they paid him and he produced well last year considering..
Im glad we have Zeke and Pollard. Hope we can make it work effectively for both. #Cowboys4Life

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Except we play in the NFC...EAST. We can't go full West Coast...can we? For many decades it's been the team with the toughest RBs. I don;t see how suddenly going lightweight is gonna work. But....shrug.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Except we play in the NFC...EAST. We can't go full West Coast...can we? For many decades it's been the team with the toughest RBs. I don;t see how suddenly going lightweight is gonna work. But....shrug.
Zeke is on our team so its about MM making it work. However, I cant recall an RB like Zeke in the WC offense that had a lot of success. Now a lot of that may have to do with the mentality of the coach and the way the coach has historically used the RB.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol sarcasm? At no point was I being sarcastic nor do I care if your opinion is different from yours. I only was explaining my point. Zeke IMO is the best RB in the NFL but my eyes tell me that Pollard is the more talented back.

Also most RBs come into the NFL in their prime. Zeke as good as I think he is right now is not as good as he was as a rookie and IMO that is a fact. Its why RBs typically don't get big contracts

I thought you were being facetious, with the "best RB in the NFL". My bad.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is on our team so its about MM making it work. However, I cant recall an RB like Zeke in the WC offense that had a lot of success. Now a lot of that may have to do with the mentality of the coach and the way the coach has historically used the RB.

Once again.....I am not aware we have a "west coast offense". If you;d kindly take the time to show me that is what we have had....I'm diligently listening!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Once again.....I am not aware we have a "west coast offense". If you;d kindly take the time to show me that is what we have had....I'm diligently listening!
mike_mccarthy_cowboys_getty_ringer.0.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
No I truly love Zeke. But I am not blind either. Let me ask you this.....what does Zeke have that Pollard does not? And then ask......what does Pollard have that Zeke doesn't?
Zeke has a track record, pass protector, tough yardage, inside running when the OL blocks, but the 2019 Fall Guy Award; Pollard has quickness, change of pace, suited to run outside, an the Annual Ryan Switzer Award.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke has a track record, pass protector, tough yardage, inside running when the OL blocks, but the 2019 Fall Guy Award; Pollard has quickness, change of pace, suited to run outside, an the Annual Ryan Switzer Award.
:eek:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I question if you are a Cowboys fan with that statement....and please do not come back with some lame attempt to try to prove that this is true.