Meaningless concerns of Meaningful events that went down 100 years ago

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Upon the outset of the American Civil war, the Kentucky/ Tennessee western boarder region was the most tenuous & uncertain theatres, the nations President Abraham Lincoln hailing from ol' Kentucky was a savvy& brilliant man of sound& solid reasoned wisdom, as he full well knew that to send Federal troops south across the Ohio river to occupy both banks( and thusly the Mississippi & straight down south to the delta from there ) would've been the most assuredly blunder a bone head could've pulled, as it immediately would've solidified the states populace directly against the union, so ol' Abe played it by 'ear' for awhile as there was real shooting going on over in Virginia at that time( I'm thinking) as ol' Abe's fortunes of fate awaited, the Confederates Fouled up big time as on sept 3 1861 Gen. Leo Polk
( CSA) moved his forces up& occupied the railway shipping yard in Columbus Ky.,,, well,sure as shooting & true to the nature ol' Abe knew his home boy's to be? Kentucky quickly swung pretty solidly pro union, as just north of the Ohio in the very western edge of Illinois at Ft. Cairo sat an ol' whiskey drinking feller named Ulysses S.Grant, while the pro southern sympathisers booked it south to enlist
( pretty much en- mass at that time, thusly leaving the southern armys perceived southern support from that boarder state later on in the war , crapped out to all but non existent levels,,,and, that's the way it was,,,er,,,back when it was:starspin:

GMO415

Reaction score
Meaning...what of the less...uh?
tenor.gif

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Precisely! And I'm euphorically thrilled in having YOU raised this glaringly minuscule detail of " Less"ness into the light of studied view, for the present day Joe s***& Jane rag American couple could actually care LESS,,,o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know what to say.....................................................................................................uhhhhh.........................................................................................yeah.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Upon the outset of the American Civil war, the Kentucky/ Tennessee western boarder region was the most tenuous & uncertain theatres, the nations President Abraham Lincoln hailing from ol' Kentucky was a savvy& brilliant man of sound& solid reasoned wisdom, as he full well knew that to send Federal troops south across the Ohio river to occupy both banks( and thusly the Mississippi & straight down south to the delta from there ) would've been the most assuredly blunder a bone head could've pulled, as it immediately would've solidified the states populace directly against the union, so ol' Abe played it by 'ear' for awhile as there was real shooting going on over in Virginia at that time( I'm thinking) as ol' Abe's fortunes of fate awaited, the Confederates Fouled up big time as on sept 3 1861 Gen. Leo Polk
( CSA) moved his forces up& occupied the railway shipping yard in Columbus Ky.,,, well,sure as shooting & true to the nature ol' Abe knew his home boy's to be? Kentucky quickly swung pretty solidly pro union, as just north of the Ohio in the very western edge of Illinois at Ft. Cairo sat an ol' whiskey drinking feller named Ulysses S.Grant, while the pro southern sympathisers booked it south to enlist
( pretty much en- mass at that time, thusly leaving the southern armys perceived southern support from that boarder state later on in the war , crapped out to all but non existent levels,,,and, that's the way it was,,,er,,,back when it was:starspin:
This man is a NATIONAL TREASURE.
years from now...his posts will be available in leather-bound volums along with Edgar Allen Poe,Louis L'amore...and Corso.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Were I to have been pulling my brief stint of mandatory
" above ground " duty at that time? Well, most assuredly my A.O. would've been of the Oklahoma territory/reservation, & well, true to my nature of disciplined trigger time? I'd of prolly "felt" compelled to shoot at all mo-fo's of European descent at first,,,ya know?,,, but eventually would've more than likely rode for the Confederation simply because of past crimes committed by those other guys,,,what say you?,,, my fellow Zoners? where,what& why,,,would yer' sentiments taken root from?

this is by no way,shape,nor form intended to stir any kind of preconceived notions from folks who ain't even partially clued into who, what& where they came from without getting it from a party-line hack,or, E-mail,,,,mister& misses moderator's ? I'll fully support the immediate termination of this thread should it outrightly be deem to do so, yet, the reasoned responses should be SOLID INSIGHTFUL FANDOM GOLD,,,ya know?o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
if you were a movie character....Id say Bull from El Dorado.
Ha,Ha,Ha! He toted that Colt'sRoot pattern .56 caliber revolving rifle, novel concept in it's design, abject failure in working world practical application( for reason being
" #1 " it would blind you in short order thru extended operation, as the whirlwind flash, flame& particles coming unglued from the casing-liners that make it boom, impinge directly back into yer face,,,( I got a "58" Italian copy in .44)

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ha,Ha,Ha! He toted that Colt'sRoot pattern .56 caliber revolving rifle, novel concept in it's design, abject failure in working world practical application( for reason being
" #1 " it would blind you in short order thru extended operation, as the whirlwind flash, flame& particles coming unglued from the casing-liners that make it boom, impinge directly back into yer face,,,( I got a "58" Italian copy in .44)
you also had to worry about "Mississippi".

BillyBates

Reaction score
quite the chess player indeed Ole Abe was. moves that required philosophical and common sense that doesn't seem to be all that abundant today...if you where my professor I would have stayed awake. bravo.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
quite the chess player indeed Ole Abe was. moves that required philosophical and common sense that doesn't seem to be all that abundant today...if you where my professor I would have stayed awake. bravo.
Right-on!,, my Man:thumbup:

* and to think about what the past& present day captain's at the helm of the U.SS CONSTITUTION whom have all been supposedly legally elected thru the democratically ,,,er,,,operational casing-liner :)huh:) have faced head-on steering FORWARD( instead of attempting to scuttle & run it aground) it's a truly monumental task to undertake that only REAL MEN of Monumental & Heavenly bestowed qualities are capable
(
as that's definitely not my bag, baby!,,,no-way/ no-how,,, just being honest)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I don't know what to say.....................................................................................................uhhhhh.........................................................................................yeah.
Now, ya know there running brother ,,,I surely didn't intend on leaving you fer' a loss of words in this downtime of off season Olympic caliber mental beer pong thread, bro!,,,ya know?:lmao:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Were I to have been pulling my brief stint of mandatory
" above ground " duty at that time? Well, most assuredly my A.O. would've been of the Oklahoma territory/reservation, & well, true to my nature of disciplined trigger time? I'd of prolly "felt" compelled to shoot at all mo-fo's of European descent at first,,,ya know?,,, but eventually would've more than likely rode for the Confederation simply because of past crimes committed by those other guys,,,what say you?,,, my fellow Zoners? where,what& why,,,would yer' sentiments taken root from?

this is by no way,shape,nor form intended to stir any kind of preconceived notions from folks who ain't even partially clued into who, what& where they came from without getting it from a party-line hack,or, E-mail,,,,mister& misses moderator's ? I'll fully support the immediate termination of this thread should it outrightly be deem to do so, yet, the reasoned responses should be SOLID INSIGHTFUL FANDOM GOLD,,,ya know?o_O

I see words, but I can't put them together.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I see words, but I can't put them together.
* helpful FEUDIAN hint; #1 ,,,remove yer' neighbors purloined yet still living house cat from yer anus,,, :thumbup:

#2. apply a different tactic other than the lame warty toad persona of tired wartyness yer' packing in yer carry on bags ,,,joey-broey,,,:thumbup:

#3 ,,,phone a friend fer help/ moral support:thumbup:

o_O:muttley:o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I've astoundingly realized the thread header has masterfully been butchered in dull & such a knicked raggedy edge affair,,, thusly removing the salient ,,,er,,, and foremost feature of the pertinacity of the threads basis of existence,,,,DUR,,, that whole 100 years afore my birthing anchor point? SHEESE, if I were the type to harbour concerns over "others" petty jealousies?,,, I'd just about have to order up a pretty loud yet only semi- odorous FART to audibly voice my feigned displeasure from amongst my PEERS.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Meaningful events from 160 years ago that should be meaningful today but seemingly are not.

Here's a fun fact for those folks who are trying to abolish the Electoral College by making the argument that it was created to protect slave-owning states:

Lincoln (the guy who abolished slavery) won the Presidency by winning the Electoral College even though he received less than 40 percent of the popular vote nationwide. Ironic, isn't it?