Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please quit believing and repeating rumors that have no supporting evidence.

The National Media loves to attach the Cowboys to stories as click-bait.

The fact that other media jump on the same rumor to discuss it, does NOT make the rumor valid.

The internet and social media can make it appear that a rumor has multiple sources confirming it;
however, most often a rumor has 1 source and many people just repeat it including other media.

There are many sports websites that literally just repeat news from other sources.

Sometimes they give credit to the original source but often they don't.

We've seen many times that a National Media source has an article "Calvin Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports..."

Often it was just an Opinion by Calving Hill but they present it as if it's fact.

If Zeke is really going to hold-out, somebody in the local DFW media will find out and comment about it. At that point it might be worth discussing; however, the National Media reports literally mean nothing.

The local reporters need to maintain a level of professionalism because they must have some amount of access to the local teams they cover in order to do their jobs.

The National Media often has no downside to telling completely fabricated stories.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The fact that other media jump on the same rumor to discuss it, does NOT make the rumor valid.

The internet and social media can make it appear that a rumor has multiple sources confirming it;
however, most often a rumor has 1 source and many people just repeat it including other media.

There are many sports websites that literally just repeat news from other sources.

We've seen many times that a National Media source has an article "Calvin Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports..."

Often it was just an Opinion by Calving Hill but they present it as if it's fact.

If Zeke is really going to hold-out, somebody in the local DFW media will find out and comment about it. At that point it might be worth discussing; however, the National Media reports literally mean nothing.

The local reporters need to maintain a level of professionalism because they must have some amount of access to the local teams they cover in order to do their jobs.

The National Media often has no downside to telling completely fabricated stories.
I can't comprehend the amount of people, that buy into scuttlebutt propaganda. It's mind-blowing. Yes the whole world is a scam. LOL sarcasm

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

huh...

I don't understand where this could be coming from.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And now on to something completely different,,, Man, I'd finally answered this 1-844 united states phone number about an hour ago, that's repeatedly been calling, it was "claimed" to be from the Social Security Administration informing me,"that my SS# has hereby been suspended due to suspicious activity",,, &,,,that If I was of concernment regarding this necessary maneuver by the S.S.A. I was instructed to press the #1 icon to review the reasonings of their deemed actions,,,needless to say, I was all over that prompted request thru the sheer blazing speed of my utter& complete silence & non activity,,, till it kinda' freaked out the requesting party to self terminate their little " yo, just so you know" phone call,,,SHEESE! when the MAROONS of the world actually start believing that they ain't the MAROONS but think others really are the TRUE MAROONS , the WORLD has broached gate crashing entry speed to Hell itself:facepalm:

o_O

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And now on to something completely different,,, Man, I'd finally answered this 1-844 united states phone number about an hour ago, that's repeatedly been calling, it was "claimed" to be from the Social Security Administration informing me,"that my SS# has hereby been suspended due to suspicious activity",,, &,,,that If I was of concernment regarding this necessary maneuver by the S.S.A. I was instructed to press the #1 icon to review the reasonings of their deemed actions,,,needless to say, I was all over that prompted request thru the sheer blazing speed of my utter& complete silence & non activity,,, till it kinda' freaked out the requesting party to self terminate their little " yo, just so you know" phone call,,,SHEESE! when the MAROONS of the world actually start believing that they ain't the MAROONS but think others really are the TRUE MAROONS , the WORLD has broached gate crashing entry speed to Hell itself:facepalm:

o_O
I love receiving that phone call. I torture them LOL I made them think I am so full of worried and nervous, and at the last moment to say you know what. I never received my letter send that first. Click they disappear

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

^^^^^ times 1,000

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Very true.

It kills me the way media re-reports things like they’re fact.

And they do things like this just before camp opens.

The media has zero idea if Zeke will hold out or not. Somebody guessed and then talk radio, etc. just picked up on it.

Now, suddenly Cowherd is saying to trade him, lol.:rolleyes:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bah Humbug!!! What else are we gonna do in the off season? Don't take it so serious.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Very true.

It kills me the way media re-reports things like they’re fact.

And they do things like this just before camp opens.

The media has zero idea if Zeke will hold out or not. Somebody guessed and then talk radio, etc. just picked up on it.

Now, suddenly Cowherd is saying to trade him, lol.:rolleyes:

I think it would be hilarious if Zeke mentioned something like "I'll probably be held out of pre-season games" ........ like many other vets will be. Of course, someone just overheard the words "hold out" and "pre-season" and the hysteria began.......lol

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Did you hear the one about Garrett transitioning to a female? Instead of Jason he's going to call himself Jasmine.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it would be hilarious if Zeke mentioned something like "I'll probably be held out of pre-season games" ........ like many other vets will be. Of course, someone just overheard the words "hold out" and "pre-season" and the hysteria began.......lol
It wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s more likely than Elliott deciding that he wanted to let PFT to know on the down low that he’s thinking about holding out.

I’m sure that is tops on his list when he makes a big decision.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
I'm in wait and see mode on this. I do think the headlines were pretty misleading on this if you were following the news. First headline was "Zeke tells friends privately that he will hold out". Second headline was "This could go sideways quickly". The story associated with the second headline actually refuted the first story and said that Zeke hadn't made the decision to hold out yet. But you wouldn't get that impression if you glossed over the headline.

It's a little bit reminiscent of the Tristan Hill ethics contract story that floated around after the draft.