Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What we don't know is what his agent is telling him. And no team has had their triplets in the top 5 in the cap era. BTW, below is the list of FA's for next year.

QuinnRobert Quinn DE 30 DAL TBD $8,000,000 UFA 0-
CollinsLa'el Collins RT 27 DAL TBD $7,700,000 UFA 0-
HurnsAllen Hurns WR 28 DAL TBD $6,000,000 UFA 0-
GarrettJason Garrett COA 34 DAL TBD $6,000,000 UFA 0-
CooperAmari Cooper WR 26 DAL TBD $5,665,779 UFA Market Value
CobbRandall Cobb WR 30 DAL TBD $5,000,000 UFA Market Value
WittenJason Witten TE 38 DAL TBD $4,250,000 UFA 0-
FlemingCameron Fleming T 27 DAL - $3,750,000 CO 0-
LeeSean Lee OLB 34 DAL TBD $3,500,000 UFA 0-
CovingtonChristian Covington DT 26 DAL TBD $2,500,000 UFA 0-
JonesByron Jones CB 27 DAL TBD $2,150,485 UFA 0-
HeathJeff Heath SS 29 DAL TBD $1,917,750 UFA 0-
ThomasJoe Thomas ILB 29 DAL TBD $1,800,000 UFA 0-
AustinTavon Austin WR 29 DAL TBD $1,750,000 UFA 0-
SmithJaylon Smith ILB 25 DAL TBD $1,623,743 RFA 0-
LadouceurL.P. Ladouceur LS 39 DAL TBD $1,030,000 UFA 0-
IlokaGeorge Iloka FS 30 DAL TBD $1,020,000 UFA 0-
HyderKerry Hyder DT 29 DAL TBD $1,000,000 UFA 0-
CollinsMaliek Collins DT 25 DAL TBD $887,545 UFA 0-
Su'a-FiloXavier Su'a-Filo G 29 DAL TBD $822,500 UFA 0-
MarchJustin March OLB 27 DAL TBD $720,000 UFA 0-
ThompsonDarian Thompson FS 26 DAL TBD $720,000 UFA 0-
PrescottDak Prescott QB 27 DAL TBD $680,848 UFA Market Value
GoodwinC.J. Goodwin S
I must admit I didn’t see this coming from Elliott. I think it’s actually very interesting on his part and applaud him for not letting us use him up without intentions on extending him .

We’ve been thinking we’ll just run this out like with Murray and worry about it then. Well, Zeke just threw a major wrench in our plan. The kid might be smarter than I thought.

I think this also poses a bigger question now is what is Prescott’s value without Elliott in the backfield and possibly why he’s still not been extended.

Coach, if this rumor is true we just received the Golden Goose of Cowboys drama . Lol

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Right

We apparently have some fans who want to squash any opinion or narrative they don’t agree with. Lol

I don't have the power to squash anything, nor would I want to, haha. On the contrary, I hope people try to digest as much information as possible so they can form their own opinions. This is particularly important lately, as major media outlets which used to be trusted now tend to editorialize and call it news. This is one reason I enjoy this message board. We get to digest a diversity of opinions! I'll stop now, however, as this thought has become a bit to broad for this thread.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't have the power to squash anything, nor would I want to, haha. On the contrary, I hope people try to digest as much information as possible so they can form their own opinions. This is particularly important lately, as major media outlets which used to be trusted now tend to editorialize and call it news. This is one reason I enjoy this message board. We get to digest a diversity of opinions! I'll stop now, however, as this thought has become a bit to broad for this thread.
No doubt . I’d only add that I think too many fans confuse opinion columns and editorials as facts or news.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No doubt . I’d only add that I think too many fans confuse opinion columns and editorials as facts or news.

Agree 100%

The irony with the OP is that he’s trying make a point bringing up the fact guys like Suh or McCoy were supposedly connected to us by the national media.

Problem is he can’t distinguish an article speculating on potential good landing spots/fits for guys like Suh or McCoy and a reporter actually claiming “Dallas is in talks with Suh, McCoy, or Joe Blow.”

The latter never happened.

In example of that here: “I again said beware of the national media when there were claims the Cowboys would sign Donkey Kong Suh or trade for the DT McCoy.”

What reputable news source/reporter made that claim?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a QB and QB do get more $$$$ than HB but the problem with this equation is that Dak is a below average QB being supported by a Above average team.....hence the FO dilemma and in the end as it usually does Talent gets paid.
Don't be surprised if Dak is signed after Zeke and Coop or not signed at all when the league kicks off.
It does not matter if anybody is signed this season. None of them are free agents before March. It seems that you don't even understand that basic concept.

Maybe I should look back at that thread from a week or two ago where you bailed out after people laughed at your lack of knowledge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you address my question? Could a holdout be spurred by him thinking we aren’t going to extend him?

No, players/agents don't know 2 years out what the team is planning.

All agents know the priority right now is on players that will be free agents after this season. The Cowboys have two huge contracts to work on for players that will be free agents after this season (Dak and Cooper). They also have B.Jones, both Collins and CB Brown with expiring contracts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Le'Veon Bell :D

Bell played the 5 years of his rookie deal and a year on the Franchise Tag. He held out after they Franchised him a 2nd time.

In other words he played 6 years before holding out.

Zeke has played 3

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, players/agents don't know 2 years out what the team is planning.

All agents know the priority right now is on players that will be free agents after this season. The Cowboys have two huge contracts to work on for players that will be free agents after this season (Dak and Cooper). They also have B.Jones, both Collins and CB Brown with expiring contracts.
I understand that’s normal protocol but Elliott might be going against by demanding to be paid now.

Most fans certainly didn’t anticipate . I wonder if our front office was also caught by surprise ?

And what fueled this move by Zeke? More questions than answers at this point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you address my question? Could a holdout be spurred by him thinking we aren’t going to extend him?
Adding to my previous reply...

There are literally dozens of rumors every year involving the Cowboys. Very few come true.

Cowboys news makes more money for sports media than any other team including the Patriots.

Both Cowboys fans and Cowboys haters will click or tune in for Cowboys news.

Cowboys merchandise is always near the top in sales even in years when they are terrible.

Walk through the Philly Airport and you'll see a Manikin with a shirt that says Cowboys Suck. I saw that not long after Philly won the Super Bowl. It was more prominently displayed than their Super Bowl apparel.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that’s normal protocol but Elliott might be going against by demanding to be paid now.

Most fans certainly didn’t anticipate . I wonder if our front office was also caught by surprise ?

And what fueled this move by Zeke? More questions than answers at this point.

There is NO move by Zeke.

It is an un-substantiated rumor from 1 media person.

Example
Me: Diehardblues stole a car.

Post responding to me: Diehardblues should be arrested immediately for that "move" he made to steal a car.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why wasn’t it Dallas local media that got the Ezekiel Elliot shoving video scoop? Why didn’t they have the DLawrence contract numbers first? Why didn’t they report David Irving was quitting football before anyone else?

I have no doubt Dallas local media has great sources. They live Cowboys stuff everyday, subtle facts no national guy could possibly know. But ESPN/Fox Sports/even PFT have better sources, superior scooping potential, even with the Cowboys. We can talk about one time a Dallas station got the scoop, and then the next 10 times they didn’t.

One thing Dallas local media isn’t doing is refuting this through sources. Shouldn’t they be if it’s untrue?
They did on 2 of those 3.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
^^^^^ times 1,000
Of course it’s possible. However, possible is a long way away from likely.

Fish just doesn’t want to get caught with his pants down on the off chance that Elliott does hold out.

I'm legitimately curious how many people really don't have the ability to understand the meaning of unsubstantiated rumor and how many just don't want to understand.

In the past I generally thought most people just pretended to believe these types of rumors because it gives them something to use for trolling purposes.

These days I'm beginning to believe that many people really might just be to dense to understand.

For the ones that are not just trolling, are they just too dumb or is it an emotional issue?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm legitimately curious how many people really don't have the ability to understand the meaning of unsubstantiated rumor and how many just don't want to understand.

In the past I generally thought most people just pretended to believe these types of rumors because it gives them something to use for trolling purposes.

These days I'm beginning to believe that many people really might just be to dense to understand.

For the ones that are not just trolling, are they just too dumb or is it an emotional issue?

Once again your post is dripping in irony.

Feel free to post the articles backing up your own claim: “I again said beware of the national media when there were claims the Cowboys would sign Donkey Kong Suh or trade for the DT McCoy.”

I think it’s evident you don’t have the capacity to understand the difference between a reporter/article claiming to have inside knowledge (“my sources say the Cowboys will sign Suh”) and someone making a suggestion (“The Cowboys seem like a perfect fit for Suh in Marenelli’s defense...”).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bell played the 5 years of his rookie deal and a year on the Franchise Tag. He held out after they Franchised him a 2nd time.

In other words he played 6 years before holding out.

Zeke has played 3
That Zeke is ridiculous.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They did on 2 of those 3.

Which two?

Rapoport beat Todd Archer to the Lawrence contract:

6:41

6:57

In fact, 105.3 the Fan actually reported that NFL network had the scoop:

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articl...s-lawrence-reach-contract-extension-agreement
"And now, as first reported by NFL Network, the top free agent on this market, who'd been saddled by a franchise tag, gets to be a "Cowboy For Life'' under the terms of a deal that reportedly fits into the "parameters'' of a five-year deal worth more than $100 million."

And CBS/DFW reported PFT was the first one to announce the contract was imminent:
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/04/05/cowboys-demarcus-lawrence-contract-extension/

So that must be the single one your local guys didn't get, right?

TMZ first reported the video of Ezekiel pushing the security guard with no local media even implying that was about to come out, so they got that one:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...dcuffed-on-video-after-shoving-security-guard

David Irving reported his quitting the NFL himself, so Could you show me your reporter from the Dallas local news that beat either of the other 2 to their reports? Or did you just completely make up that '2 out of 3' stat.

And furthermore, if Dallas local media is so in-the-know, why haven't we gotten a confirmation OR denial of Zeke's potential holdout?

Last edited: