Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a discussion topic it would be OK; however, many people just can't separate rumor from fact.

I did NOT say to avoid discussing the topics. I said don't take rumors as fact.

It derails many threads because people take the rumors as facts and even start making comments that Zeke "singled himself out" with regards to the holdout which literally has not happened.

Neither Zeke or his agent have said (on record) that he is going to hold out.

Example that People Can't Separate Rumor from Fact
My daughter has her master's in writing. Reading comprehension in this country is horrible. People's minds think there are words written that just in reality aren't there. It's like when they see a face in the clouds. Your brain is set to see that face naturally. At least once a day. I get a response there's something I posted and I actually didn't post. Mahomes gets pressured up the middle he's a different quarterback, I would take Prescott over Aaron Rodgers. How many people said to me you would take Prescott over Mahomes. LMAO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Please quit believing and repeating rumors that have no supporting evidence.

The National Media loves to attach the Cowboys to stories as click-bait.

The fact that other media jump on the same rumor to discuss it, does NOT make the rumor valid.

The internet and social media can make it appear that a rumor has multiple sources confirming it;
however, most often a rumor has 1 source and many people just repeat it including other media.

There are many sports websites that literally just repeat news from other sources.

Sometimes they give credit to the original source but often they don't.

We've seen many times that a National Media source has an article "Calvin Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports..."

Often it was just an Opinion by Calving Hill but they present it as if it's fact.

If Zeke is really going to hold-out, somebody in the local DFW media will find out and comment about it. At that point it might be worth discussing; however, the National Media reports literally mean nothing.

The local reporters need to maintain a level of professionalism because they must have some amount of access to the local teams they cover in order to do their jobs.

The National Media often has no downside to telling completely fabricated stories.

Why has Zeke not come out and addressed these rumors by now?

It’s 2019 and this takes a bout 30 seconds of his time to clear up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is NO move by Zeke.

It is an un-substantiated rumor from 1 media person.

Example
Me: Diehardblues stole a car.

Post responding to me: Diehardblues should be arrested immediately for that "move" he made to steal a car.
Of course it’s a rumor . But we are discussing a hypothetical situation. You are capable of such activity? Which is a big part of what we do on fan forums. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why has Zeke not come out and addressed these rumors by now?

It’s 2019 and this takes a bout 30 seconds of his time to clear up.
We’ll know soon enough if he sits out for Training Camp.

After hearing these rumors emerge yesterday I reached out to my closet friends in Dallas and they seem to echo the rumors that “ Zeke wants to be paid now”.

They didn’t say he was prepared to sit out until a deal was done but apparently he isn’t going to be patient waiting until next year especially with rumors of the Cowboys possibly not interested in extending him. Elliott not wanting to be be used up like Murray was before we let him walk.

The rumor is appearing to have more validity with no one shooting it down from Elliott's camp or Cowboys FO.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’ll know soon enough if he sits out for Training Camp.

After hearing these rumors emerge yesterday I reached out to some of my closet friends in Dallas yesterday and they seem to echo the rumors that “ Zeke wants to be paid now”.

They didn’t say he was prepared to sit out until a deal was done but apparently he isn’t going to be patient waiting until next year especially with rumors of the Cowboys possibly not interested in extending him not wanting to be be used up like Murray was before we let him walk.

The rumor is appearing to have more validity with no one shooting it down from Elliott's camp or Cowboys FO.
I train with a two times Super Bowl running back. They are not going to discuss Finance with anybody other than their agent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I train with a two times Super Bowl running back. They are not going to discuss Finance with anybody other than their agent.
We’ll know soon enough with Camp opening up in about a week.

This definitely delivers Drama we didn’t expect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree that's what the fan forum is supposed to be about. Speculations. Facts are nice once in a while also LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Actually I expected it. I don't think Ezekiel Elliott is the most Focus running back in the world I think he could be the best running back. Needs to grow up . for me right now it's Barkley in New York

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that's what the fan forum is supposed to be about. Speculations. Facts are nice once in a while also LOL
Facts are boring in a fan forum. Not much to argue about with facts. Lol

But give me a juicy rumor and this place lights up. It’s good for business. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually I expected it. I don't think Ezekiel Elliott is the most Focus running back in the world I think he could be the best running back. Needs to grow up . for me right now it's Barkley in New York
This is the first I’ve heard of anyone expecting Zeke to sit out this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Would you bother. I know I wouldn't

Absolutely I would.

Who wouldn't in this day in age want to clear up National rumors about themselves in a matter of moments if they weren't true?

I guess the positive for him would be the National media talking about him needing a bigger contract.

But with his public perception that he has built I think I would not want this out there.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely I would.

Who wouldn't in this day in age want to clear up National rumors about themselves in a matter of moments if they weren't true?

I guess the positive for him would be the National media talking about him needing a bigger contract.

But with his public perception that he has built I think I would not want this out there.
When it comes to finance. You're one and far and few that would. Not that I pay attention to the NFL channel or news media Outlets. They all I know it's mind your business when it comes to finance but I respect your opinion

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When it comes to finance. You're one and far and few that would. Not that I pay attention to the NFL channel or news media Outlets. They all I know it's mind your business when it comes to finance but I respect your opinion

The finance part would be secondary.

Whether the rumor was true or not would come first.

If it wasn't true then i'd just tweet it out and that would be that.

If it were true then i'd probably be silent about it unless my agent told me that people talking about my new contract was a good thing. (Any news is good news type of thing)

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And now on to something completely different,,, Man, I'd finally answered this 1-844 united states phone number about an hour ago, that's repeatedly been calling, it was "claimed" to be from the Social Security Administration informing me,"that my SS# has hereby been suspended due to suspicious activity",,, &,,,that If I was of concernment regarding this necessary maneuver by the S.S.A. I was instructed to press the #1 icon to review the reasonings of their deemed actions,,,needless to say, I was all over that prompted request thru the sheer blazing speed of my utter& complete silence & non activity,,, till it kinda' freaked out the requesting party to self terminate their little " yo, just so you know" phone call,,,SHEESE! when the MAROONS of the world actually start believing that they ain't the MAROONS but think others really are the TRUE MAROONS , the WORLD has broached gate crashing entry speed to Hell itself:facepalm:

o_O
A few days ago, I signed up for an on-line tutorial covering SS and Medicare. The tutorial was sponsored by my pre-retirement company, so it was seemingly legit.

In less than a day, I started receiving bogus robo-calls from the "SS" promising pestilence and death if I didn't select option 1. When I reported this to my former company, I started receiving additional robo-calls from "Medicare" confirming the pestilence and death threats.

Coupled with the other bogus robo-calls we get (all of which I immediately report as spam and block), I am even more tempted to live off-grid.

But, then I wouldn't get to start my morning with a smile reading the CZ.

:muttley:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The finance part would be secondary.

Whether the rumor was true or not would come first.

If it wasn't true then i'd just tweet it out and that would be that.

If it were true then i'd probably be silent about it unless my agent told me that people talking about my new contract was a good thing. (Any news is good news type of thing)
Personally, I don't care about scuttlebutt, rumors Curtis let the people talk I like keeping silent. Hit them when they least expect it