Video: Meet John Fassel

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at how many are unfamiliar with "Bones".
He's arguably the best hire McCarthy has made.

Don't be surprised if Dallas drafts a punter and signs Greg the Leg.
(Credit to the poster who mentioned Greg Zeuerlin)

We may finally see a Dallas Cowboy return a kickoff for a TD.
A feat so rare that a generation hasn't seen one live... lol

We may witness punts downed inside the 5 yard line.
A few fake punts. It's okay to be a little excited by this hire.

"Dry land is not a myth..." lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We got a real one. The players are going to love him.

Hi, John. I'm gimme, male prodigy and active in civic groups. I like long walks on the beach, cous cous and Richard Bone movies. Hollah if you need help with Scandinavian vs. Brazil kicking styles.
Welcome!:welcome:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he doesn't need ST when he plays Madden.... some people just don't understand the game of football and how important ST is and even more so as you go from HS to College to Pro. Guess some of our Cowboys fans forget the games we lost because of the difference in ST this year, including the Patriots game when their ST was one of the main reasons they won.
:laugh:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Best assistant we’ve hired in a long time!
3lpkmd.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

EST_1986

Reaction score
He's just a ST coach, folks. It's not a big deal. You people are acting like a starving person that was just given a cracker.
Did you see how atrocious special teams was last season? I’m really excited for this hire. Best hire of the offseason.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Just a ST's coach? Yeah well there's been nothing special about our ST's for close to 2 decades.

Terrible field position, other than Bailey in his prime, missed FG's. Poor penalties, poor coverage. Fumbling and losing the ball in our own end.

Here's to hoping there's some special in our ST's because it has been awhile.
He’s almost as skinny as I used to be back in the day haha

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's just a ST coach, folks. It's not a big deal. You people are acting like a starving person that was just given a cracker.
How many times last season do we go on 80 yard plus drives. I understand the game my cowboy brother special teams was a disaster

DuncanIso

Reaction score

its because we had the 32nd ranked STs.

cost us at least one win (NE)

we had no chance with Marinelli and OQuinn.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Have you ever played a team sport before? A good coach, NO MATTER WHAT HE COACHES can energize a team and make players feel connected to each other. Granted what we saw was hand picked to make "Bones" look good, but he genuinely seems to know what he's doing and loves what he does. I'll take that any day even if the coach only prepares tape and does no actual coaching.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Didn't we have the worst starting field position of the entire NFL?

That negates a lot of the yards we gained on offense!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
why did coach MM fire the offensive coaches?

HCs hate easy.

It is not about hate or love it is about we should question things we have seen this movie before
my point is he might be a great coach for sure however how come the Rams let go of him was it his request? conflict with management? etc..

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
He definitely commands more respect than some flunky from the scouting department that somehow got promoted way over his head.

These are the weird questions I would like to know the answers to. But of course we will never get them. I mean, who thought just promoting O'Quinn was a smart idea?
It's one thing to promote a guy to a position that ends up being way over his head. It's another thing, altogether, to do it and then leave him there for two seasons, as though the first season result was an anomaly.

Last edited: